Player contracts and transfers

David123

oops my mistake

thought it must have been him as people keep saying put it in the box he'll score 

Well saved IMO, you come out of this looking well.

No idea if its been mentioned amongst the mass hysteria, but we're apparently after Linfield winger Ross Clarke. Being linked with a rake of English League One/Championship sides but we've seemingly moved first. 22 year old winger, described as a hard working, pacey, tricky winger with bags of confidence and ability. No idea how true that is mind you. Seems more realistic than Swanson, although want both.

??????

Ando and Wright were pretty comfortable the whole time they were on. Ando had one clearance he skied but that was it, was good otherwise.

Wright maybe, but Ando looked as poor as I've seen him for a while in terms of distribution. Saints back line I thought looked pretty uncomfortable in the first half with Alashkert's movement around the box. They could have done more with that.

MacLean was dropping back and trying to lay off to the midfield regularly but the balls he was getting from defence were atrocious and Alashkert's were playing so narrow and marking so tight that this generally wasn't working.

Ando looked like he'd been at the pub before the game.

He looked like he had been in the Corinna after the game.!

I was chatting to a motherwell fan on Friday about Sutton after being shocked at how poor he was in the air. I asked him how to get the best out of him. He said don't expect him to control the ball, hold it up, win headers or chase it down. Leave him in the box and he'll score goals. He basically said it's like playing with 10 men but somehow he always gets 13 or 14 a season.

Saints fans are going to hate him as more than most we love a worker. I mean, half the Saints fans called Jason Scotland lazy. And Hasslebaink. But Savo was a legend of course. Ridiculous really.

Anyway, Sutton always looked great in the air against us. It just seems that when any big striker joins us they are forced to wear a big pair of lead boots so they can't get off the ground.

I reckon we need to adjust our game if he plays. We simply can't play him with maclean. Ever. It was painful to watch their lack or mobility, pace or quality with the ball. He needs a runner off him and realistically I can only see that being Kane. Potentially Cummings but haven't seen enough of him to comment.

90% of wap

Once more, any evidence to back up these claims? For my part, though I'd prefer a different type of striker (a Sandaza or a May), I do think Sutton will get a good haul of goals if he's given chances. But I haven't heard even his biggest fans come close to suggesting much beyond that.

Edited by Brogan

I reckon we need to adjust our game if he plays. We simply can't play him with maclean. Ever. It was painful to watch their lack or mobility, pace or quality with the ball. He needs a runner off him and realistically I can only see that being Kane. Potentially Cummings but haven't seen enough of him to comment.

I think that's exactly right. In retrospect you can see that MacLean's perfect foil was Stevie May. Forwards like Sutton need a different style of partner to play off.  We didn't change things to accommodate Fallon or Iwelumo, though, and in the end they were punted. Will be interesting to see how things play out with a bigger name like Sutton who will be harder to leave on the bench.

if Killin are serious about him I would have thought they would have had him in training. Still at Saints and I suspect that is where he would like to end up.

I was going by what some other posters on PnB were saying.

I will be delighted to be wrong

Daily Record transfer news saying, Kyle Hutton (ex Rangers) defensive midfielder on trial as is Ross Clarke Linfield winger.

Due to injuries and Scobbie not good enough for defencive midfield, Hutton could be signed as cover on a free. Clarke on trial could also taken as Swanson may not be returning