Player contracts and transfers

David123

Tam Scobbie is exactly the type of player every club needs. Need a left back? He'll play. Need a centre half? He'll play. Need a midfielder? He'll play. Need a goalie? Tam will do it. Need a player to get totally wasted after a great Euro performance and spend a night with the fans celebrating?  He'll do it. Important penalty in a Euro game? Tam will take it. 

Honestly, he may have his limitations but you can't fault the guy. If you asked him clean the bloody toilets for Saints I'm sure he'd do it. 

I also think it's easy to remember his mistakes but who remembers all of his last ditch, goal saving tackles? He puts it on the line every time he plays. St Johnstone are where we are now because of the Tam Scobbie's,  not because of fancy, flashy footballers.

Brilliant post

Tam Scobbie is exactly the type of player every club needs. Need a left back? He'll play. Need a centre half? He'll play. Need a midfielder? He'll play. Need a goalie? Tam will do it. Need a player to get totally wasted after a great Euro performance and spend a night with the fans celebrating?  He'll do it. Important penalty in a Euro game? Tam will take it. 

Honestly, he may have his limitations but you can't fault the guy. If you asked him clean the bloody toilets for Saints I'm sure he'd do it. 

I also think it's easy to remember his mistakes but who remembers all of his last ditch, goal saving tackles? He puts it on the line every time he plays. St Johnstone are where we are now because of the Tam Scobbie's,  not because of fancy, flashy footballers.

This is one of the best posts I've ever read on here.

Aye but he looks like an ugly lesbian and runs like hes shat himself

Keep that rubbish for that other site you love so much.

It was a joke, obviously.

FWIW while I agree with the sentiment about it being Scobbie-esque players who have helped us to where we are, I'd also add that in the past our reluctance to move away from such players is also what drags us back down again. 

It was a joke, obviously.

FWIW while I agree with the sentiment about it being Scobbie-esque players who have helped us to where we are, I'd also add that in the past our reluctance to move away from such players is also what drags us back down again. 

A very poor homophobic joke, obviously.

As for your second sentence, give specific examples.

According to the sun paton has agreed a pay off fae utd and will sign within 24hrs 

Ach well. Tommy seems to have one shite signing each transfer window. Just hope it doesnt effect the balance & harmony in the dressing room to have a dickhead in the squad.

If Paton signs I take it that will be all our business done unless we move someone on. It's going to be a long transfer window 

Tommy said 3 or 4 more before Alston signed. Add Paton, so we've got '1 or 2' more to go.

I'd guess Dow (or someone similar) and a striker. Maybe a centre back I suppose.