Player contracts and transfers

David123

Funny that Tommy thinks we can't go half a season with 6 pretty versatile defenders but 3 strikers  (one who can't play on plastic pitches) is fine.

One injury and we're struggling badly. I suppose he's thinking Coulson or Swanson can play there.

Funny that Tommy thinks we can't go half a season with 6 pretty versatile defenders but 3 strikers  (one who can't play on plastic pitches) is fine.

One injury and we're struggling badly. I suppose he's thinking Coulson or Swanson can play there.

3 strikers plus the back up of under 20 strikers i.e. Hunter and as you say add Danny and Coulson into that then we are not to bad 

Given that we also play 1 or at most 2 up compared to 4 at the back there is no comparison with the number available is there.

lets face it the only reason we have brought this lad in is due to the SPFL and SFA stupidity that des not allow players to e recalled during first 28 days. Clubs will just need to cover themselves by putting players out on an emergency loan and then transferring it to a loan on 31 January, thus covering themselves.

Edited by mainstand

3 strikers plus the back up of under 20 strikers i.e. Hunter and as you say add Danny and Coulson into that then we are not to bad 

Given that we also play 1 or at most 2 up compared to 4 at the back there is no comparison with the number available is there.

lets face it the only reason we have brought this lad in is due to the SPFL and SFA stupidity that des not allow players to e recalled during first 28 days. Clubs will just need to cover themselves by putting players out on an emergency loan and then transferring it to a loan on 31 January, thus covering themselves.

Was waiting for the glass half full from you. The only one not to criticise the move.

To me it is not SPFL/SFA but someone at Saints not knowing the rules.

Tbh I'm coming around to this signing. A cheap young player, effectively on trial for six months, in a position where one of our players is a complete crock. 

If/when Watson gets injured, we're then down to five. Easton/Scobbie have had niggles in the past 18 months and Ando is probably due a red card. 

We all had a similar groan when Fisher was signed and he turned into an important part of the squad 

3 players for 2 positions is exactly the same as 6 for 4.

Yes we can play with 1 striker but we could just as easily play 3 central defenders and Craig/Alston wing backs if we really had to.

There's no getting away from it, we have poor depth in striking areas. Brown is happy with 5th. Most of us are. It's just a little frustrating when you see we could easily push for 4th with the way Hearts are at the moment but we just don't have that ambition. Considering the extra cash for finishing 4th and the fact we budget for 10th you'd think we would have something to spend.

This is a reasonable signing.He gives us cover at right back allowing Watson(If Required) to  play in the centre.I know Random said he was out of contract at the end of the season but I think a deal is unlikely.We have three  very good young defenders out on loan at the moment Gordon,Kerr and Comrie who will all be  back in the summer.

Edited by lang toon saintie

Good news. If we can keep most of the squad together & add a decent striker & a midfielder who is comfortable on the ball we could do well next season.

There will have to be a few out though but I hope we keep Comrie,Gordon & the young guy on loan to East Fife.

I think Hunter McLaren & probably Thomson will have to go.