Player contracts and transfers

David123

I should really have added...."for one season wonders looking for a quick gig somewhere else".

The annoying thing is that although we have an all round good team, it's players like Swanson, MOH, Fran etc that make a spark. Fair play to the club for acquiring these players that make a difference, but it would be nice to have a talented individual who bides their time and doesn't jump at the first move that comes about.

agreed, but those players have routinely blown hot and cold, then each one has caused trouble.... they would be nothing without the stoic backbone that our team has had in recent seasons (I commend the Brown family for that. They protect their money well!)

Danny's engineered a move to suit his needs? So ****ing what.

Not the first, won't be the last. Surely it's only VLs that get upset at this pish?

Saints are still paying the boys wages so are entitled to get a few days work out of him yet, c'mon Danny let's secure European football for your replacement.

there may be some awkwardness at the end of the season when he gets our PoTY

Swanson surely isn't player of the year..  from the MOTM votes on WAP do you refer?, Swanson has regularly not been in the top 3 players..

Swanson only played well for 4 months at the start of the season.   I'd really hope better deserving candidates get the award of player of the year.

Engineered a move? He was offered a pre-contract by Hibs and he accepted it. A true mastermind.

Otherwise, an excellent post. Keep up the good work.

**** up ya Wee d***. He could've signed ages ago, strung it out, then signed for Hibs when they were promoted. He was in control the whole time, top class effort from Wee Danny.

Folk getting upset over a player being dishonest :lol:

**** up ya Wee d***. He could've signed ages ago, strung it out, then signed for Hibs when they were promoted. He was in control the whole time, top class effort from Wee Danny.

Either way, he was guaranteed a club. It didn't really require much effort on his part.

Anyway, I'd assume that the person using abusive language is probably the most 'upset' Saints supporter at this moment in time. Calm down and take a nap, please.

Either way, he was guaranteed a club. It didn't really require much effort on his part.

Anyway, I'd assume that the person using abusive language is probably the most 'upset' Saints supporter at this moment in time. Calm down and take a nap, please.

It's just the way I talk, even to my mother.

agreed, but those players have routinely blown hot and cold, then each one has caused trouble.... they would be nothing without the stoic backbone that our team has had in recent seasons (I commend the Brown family for that. They protect their money well!)

hot and cold....  totally agree.   team spirit, unity, non-playing staff, board all outweigh a single player in odd seasons, could argue it is the support around such individuals that make them flourish... they then move and we all know what happens....  We would tend to get the best out of the individuals as so many fans already know.  We are a team, a successful team, players will come and go, get old... they will be replaced.  

Spot on Andy

Not the first nor last,bigger and better have done the same Vaduka,Cantona,Tevez all great players But all utter mind game experts 

I find it bizarre you laugh at folk who are unhappy with how Swanson's played this. Surely that's the normal, acceptable, response to that action. The normal, acceptable, response is certainly not to laugh at your fellow fans for being upset a key player has decided to leave. 

Swanson surely isn't player of the year..  from the MOTM votes on WAP do you refer?, Swanson has regularly not been in the top 3 players..

Swanson only played well for 4 months at the start of the season.   I'd really hope better deserving candidates get the award of player of the year.

Last time Monty showed the leaderboard, Swanson was streets ahead.

I find it bizarre you laugh at folk who are unhappy with how Swanson's played this. Surely that's the normal, acceptable, response to that action. The normal, acceptable, response is certainly not to laugh at your fellow fans for being upset a key player has decided to leave. 

Once bitten, twice shy.

Learn by previous actions Random. Nobody should be surprised.

Danny Swanson

Blair Alston 23
Murray Davidson 21
Steven Anderson 19.5
Zander Clark 19
Richard Foster 18
Paul Paton 10
Brian Easton 9.5
David Wotherspoon 7
Steven MacLean 6.5
Alan Mannus 6.5
Liam Craig 6