Player contracts and transfers

David123

Absolutely pissed off at MOH signing on loan. 

Before you jump, this signing should've been made before the Europa League qualifiers. What has changed at the club from then end of last season til now?

Bloody shocking it took so long from our "interest" in getting the player back.

Wish MOH all the best, when he's on form he terrorises defenders. 

It may have had something to do with his parent club - no

Before you jump, this signing should've been made before the Europa League qualifiers. What has changed at the club from then end of last season til now?

TW's post game interview: "We tried to get him in January, and it couldn't happen, and we tried to get him at the end of the season. We've persevered and kept going back to Rangers to try and get something done"

Sounds like it was out of our hands

Stating the obvious that it would have been preferable to sign him earlier .....BUT ...it takes two to tango and clearly Rangers were unwilling to release him for whatever reason...perhaps this was down to how much we were prepared to subsides his wages...perhaps other clubs were in the mix....perhaps Rangers were waiting for a bus load of Mexcans to arrive....who knows.  Bottom line is that we have persevered and struck a deal... just be pleased that it's happened now. Let's just hope he comes out of the blocks fast and helps us retain our rightful place at the top end of Scottish footie!

absolutely no pleasing some Saints fans. Complaining about a MOH loan. Get over it, players leave. 

Complaining about Sammon. 

Even some complaining about Storey. 

These are the kind of targets we're in the market for. Accept it. If you honestly think theres better interested in coming to Saints then you're badly mistaken. 

absolutely no pleasing some Saints fans. Complaining about a MOH loan. Get over it, players leave. 

Complaining about Sammon. 

Even some complaining about Storey. 

These are the kind of targets we're in the market for. Accept it. If you honestly think theres better interested in coming to Saints then you're badly mistaken. 

Embrace a difference of opinion and debate it. Complaining and saying "get over it" is just sh!te chat.

Absolutely delighted to get MOH. I'm not a huge fan of loan deals, especially shorter term ones, but MOH is a clear upgrade in the attacking areas, and if TW doesn't feel like there's anyone available who's nearly as good then we're aswell bringing him in and then seeing who's available later on, to me. Could be a quality winger currently out our reach who gets injured in September and needs a loan move/permanent move in January. 

If we do bring in a Storey type figure aswell, we're going to have one of the strongest squads I can ever remember. And Steve Brown would deserve credit for being willing to back TW. 

Absolutely delighted to get MOH. I'm not a huge fan of loan deals, especially shorter term ones, but MOH is a clear upgrade in the attacking areas, and if TW doesn't feel like there's anyone available who's nearly as good then we're aswell bringing him in and then seeing who's available later on, to me. Could be a quality winger currently out our reach who gets injured in September and needs a loan move/permanent move in January. 

If we do bring in a Storey type figure aswell, we're going to have one of the strongest squads I can ever remember. And Steve Brown would deserve credit for being willing to back TW. 

Spot on. If MOH is mince, then he goes back in Jan. If he's had an impact, then we will be happy with that. Ok, pain to loose an on form player, but what's to say we don't extend it until the end of the season, or even pay a fee and sign him outright. Or possibly Thomson etc will be ready to step up.

Probable that a fee or the extra wages aren't in the budget, but we get c£100k if Celtic make the CL group stages that will not be factored in. Sure Tommy would be asking for that.

No expert, but I'd be pretty sure this is the most highly paid squad we will have ever had. 

Embrace a difference of opinion and debate it. Complaining and saying "get over it" is just sh!te chat.

Everyone has an opinion like everyone has an arse, but there is valid and there is complete crap, glad to get MOH back as we are crying out for a bit of pace, no one will really know the full details of the deal, but to hear complete bollocks should have been before the Europa game etc is stating the obvious, but maybe football transfers are not quite that simplistic when two parties are looking for the best deal, not what always suits Saints.....  

It will be interesting to find out how much the budget has actually gone up this year. Certainly seems like the boat is being pushed out with Scougall, MOH and a third significant name potentially coming in.

I wonder how much is because of increased wage budget, or how much is down to a smarter use of the existing money by restructuring contracts - ie, lower basic but with performance related raises, like Brown alluded to when discussing the Scobbie negotiations.

Edinburgh hobos are trying their best on this one as well, but if was to happen things have certainly looking a hell of a lot better up front in the last 24 hours

Hibs will be in a position to offer a far better package than us I would imagine, and the player (if you are talking about Stokes) has a history with them and their manager