Player contracts and transfers

David123

A random Kilmarnock fan PM'd me saying Aberdeen have been making moves for Jamie Jones. I'm not entirely certain it's true, but it opens up two options. They sign Jones and it allows Storey to leave, or they use Storey as a make weight and he moves to Kilmarnock. 

You mean Jordan?

Kane signs two year contract extension.

I understand that Tommy and the coaching team see him in action every day, and they must be pleased enough with his progress to offer a two year deal, but based on the evidence so far do we really think that he is going to grow to become a first choice Premiership striker?

I would love to see Kane succeed at the club, but it's been said for the last 2 or 3 years that "this season" will be a big one for him, and I don't think it's unfair to say that he hasn't really grabbed the opportunity to the fullest. Is the rest of his game strong enough to make up for the lack of goals scored? Or is he just becoming a cheap squad player?

Personally, I just view him as a squad 'filler'. That said, over the past couple of seasons he hasn't exactly been given great service by the players around him. Would be interesting to see his stats in terms of goals vs chances created etc.

If Scougall and MOH both keep fit and play in the same team then there should be chances there for the taking for who-ever plays up front.

Not entirely convinced we are bringing in anyone else, so Kane should have the opportunity to prove himself in the coming season.

I'd imagine he is on a relatively low wage and has at least shown himself to be adequate backup.  I don't see him improving by much in the future,  which is a shame because I would love him to be a great success here.   Surprised he got such a long deal though. 

A random Kilmarnock fan PM'd me saying Aberdeen have been making moves for Jamie Jones. I'm not entirely certain it's true, but it opens up two options. They sign Jones and it allows Storey to leave, or they use Storey as a make weight and he moves to Kilmarnock. 

Crikey, Two Randooms!

Seems a bit of a hasty move. Why not challenge him to make an impact in the first half of the season, with the reward of a new contract at Christmas if he does the business? A two year extension at this point is a bit of surprise, given the tightness of the budget.

Defo not a high earner.