Player contracts and transfers

David123

Tic Chams Lge qualification confirmed at £365,000 for each of the other SPFL clubs.

No way this windfall is in saints budget , Tuesday qualification of the Tic must give Tommy the wiggle room to bring in the fire power to be back in Europe next year. 

Icing on the cake = Dundee clubs swapping Leagues.

Cherry on the top of the cake = Only one team in Tayside in top  flight and not based in Dundee. 

Dunfermline or Raith Rovers would be a braw new addition to the top league. 

Tic Chams Lge qualification confirmed at £365,000 for each of the other SPFL clubs.

No way this windfall is in saints budget , Tuesday qualification of the Tic must give Tommy the wiggle room to bring in the fire power to be back in Europe next year. 

Cherry on the top of the cake = Only one team in Tayside in top  flight and not based in Dundee

Would prefer both to be in top league along with us and get rid of plastic pitch teams from West.

Both Dundee teams would bring larger supports and therefore create more income for us.

Also better bragging rights when we finish above them in league.

Would prefer both to be in top league along with us and get rid of plastic pitch teams from West.

Both Dundee teams would bring larger supports and therefore create more income for us.

Also better bragging rights when we finish above them in league.

The 4 plus games per year against our nearest and dearest is financially beneficial if and when they are in the top league and doing ok otherwise their support at McD  Is pretty shite. DUFC have gone from filling both ends at McDairmid  to filling half one end, DFC not much better. 

I would much prefer a period of Tayside domination where Saints were top dogs and the people of Errol invergowrie Cupar Angus Luncarty and Blairgowrie saw Perth as the place to watch top flight football which helps create a long time Perthshire legacy and much bigger home crowds.

Would happily settle for a few cup games against the D teams which would be far more juicy than the repetitive kak we have to endure just now.

Interestingly in our row at McD out of 14 season ticket holders, 13 were from out of Perth and I didn't know about the 14th.

Would be great to see off Plastic pitch Bregade but let's replace them with away days at Dunfermline and Falkirk.

Plastic pitches or no plastic pitches, I'd rather we had teams like Dunfermline and Falkirk back in the league than Hamilton for example, who offer virtually nothing to the SPFL at all in any aspect.

All these bigger teams in the lower leagues really show how great a 16 team league would be.

One can only hope.

Plastic pitches or no plastic pitches, I'd rather we had teams like Dunfermline and Falkirk back in the league than Hamilton for example, who offer virtually nothing to the SPFL at all in any aspect.

All these bigger teams in the lower leagues really show how great a 16 team league would be.

One can only hope.

This is probably a topic worthy of its own thread, but I don't agree with the mindset here. Hamilton quite clearly struggle for numbers which might not do wonders for our bank balance when they play here, but to say they offer nothing to the game is harsh. It could be argued that they've actually contributed more to enhancing the reputation of diddy clubs in Scottish football than most others thanks to their part in the development of guys like McCarthy/McArthur and Alex Neil, who have all made much more of a mark in the EPL than anyone who has appeared off our conveyor belt in recent years.

The idea that "big teams" need to be in the top league is flawed, but it is one that more and more people are starting to trot out simply because the media peddle it so frequently. Big crowds or not, the likes of United, Falkirk and Dunfermline are down there because they were not very good at football. They don't deserve to be up in the Prem.

One can only hope.

The irony of a Saints fan posting this. 

Pretty sure I read somewhere that the money from Celtic's Champions League qualification is ringfenced for youth development.

It is, they can't stop you juggling funds around if you're smart enough though. 

Much like Ross Countys donation to our youth team helped us sign Wotherspoon 

Edited by RandomGuy

I can see that, but I'm pretty sure they will want to see evidence of the money being used as specified.  Even if it freed up half of the amount that's a fair injection into Saints wage budget though.

Not sure that the County donation had much to do with us signing Wotherspoon tbh.  There was no fee and I'd guess he just took Brittain's place in the wage budget without the minibus money.  It's possible we'd still have signed both in that window.

I can see that, but I'm pretty sure they will want to see evidence of the money being used as specified.  Even if it freed up half of the amount that's a fair injection into Saints wage budget though.

Not sure that the County donation had much to do with us signing Wotherspoon tbh.  There was no fee and I'd guess he just took Brittain's place in the wage budget without the minibus money.  It's possible we'd still have signed both in that window.

That money may be ring fenced for YD, but it frees up money in our own budget that was going towards youth football. 

Accountant worth their salt would be able to move money from pillar to post. 

This is probably a topic worthy of its own thread, but I don't agree with the mindset here. Hamilton quite clearly struggle for numbers which might not do wonders for our bank balance when they play here, but to say they offer nothing to the game is harsh. It could be argued that they've actually contributed more to enhancing the reputation of diddy clubs in Scottish football than most others thanks to their part in the development of guys like McCarthy/McArthur and Alex Neil, who have all made much more of a mark in the EPL than anyone who has appeared off our conveyor belt in recent years.

The idea that "big teams" need to be in the top league is flawed, but it is one that more and more people are starting to trot out simply because the media peddle it so frequently. Big crowds or not, the likes of United, Falkirk and Dunfermline are down there because they were not very good at football. They don't deserve to be up in the Prem.

The sole idea behind the EPL was to maximise the number of 'events', thus maximising revenue.

The events are ManU v ManC v Arsenal v Liverpool v Chelsea, etc.

What they've got is some of that plus Burnley v Watford v Bournemouth v Fulham v Hull v Norwich, etc.

While huge clubs languish in divisions 2 & 3 (or whatever they call them nowadays), the model still works, but would work even better moneywise if all the small clubs were down.

Up here our media were in a state when Rangers, Hearts, Hibs, Dundee United were down and ecstatic when any of them came back up.

No doubt the money improves, but not necessarily the product.

One can only hope.

Hope this is a wind up. Arsehole behaviour. Many fans say the same about Saints. Every team brings something to Scottish football no matter the size. 

Some Saints fans on here need a dose of reality! Hamilton are indeed a small club etc but we are not far behind them. They are in the Prem on merit and results like Sat show they are a decent side. I love it when they constantly upset the odds and remain in top flight. After all is not "underestimated  since 1884" one of our own strap lines?? Well if it's relevant to us then it's also relevant to them!

Guest ScottMann

I wish this thread could get back on to subject. Keep logging in thinking we have signed our jewel.

Before you open the thread it's best to just think 'It'll be yet more made up crap' and you won't be let down. The next bit of info I'll believe about a new signing is when Saints themselves finally announce it.

The post was meant to be ironic and hypocritical, directed at those who criticise the club's target of remaining and the league as well as the lack of spending.

But the main point in relation to the initial discussion was that personally, I'd rather go to a plastic pitch ground if it was Falkirk, as opposed to Hamilton for example - rather than avoiding plastic pitches for the sake of them being plastic pitches. As well as the opinion that a 16 team league comprising of the so-called "Bigger" teams in the lower leagues, would be refreshing for Scottish football.

As mentioned already, it should be in its own thread. But the point which talks down on clubs like Hamilton was purposely ironic, so don't get your knickers in a twist.

Of course, I'm an arsehole, but who isn't nowadays.

Edited by Wee Mental Davie

Cherry on the top of the cake = Only one team in Tayside in top  flight and not based in Dundee. 

Raith gona skip a division? ;-)