Player contracts and transfers

David123

2 goals in 30 appearances in the 4th tier of English football before a serious injury? I hope this journo has been on the sauce and we're not seriously interested.

Cr&p journalist thinking:  Available striker...another club looking at him...St Johnstone maybe looking at signing a striker...Saints must also be interested!..."Story!"

2 + 2 does indeed make 5 in their world...

Edited by HertsAgain

Though I am as keen as everyone for young Hendry to come on leaps and bounds this season, he is no where ready to be our first choice striker. 

May got thrown in against Rosenberg and kicked  off from there can you imagine the uproar if Wright had said May was going to be our main striker for that season so we wouldn't bother signing anyone else sometimes you've just got to go with what you've got  if it works out your a football genius if not fans are calling for your head

Though I am as keen as everyone for young Hendry to come on leaps and bounds this season, he is no where ready to be our first choice striker. 

How much have you seen of him?  He may be ready to step up,  he may not be. Not sure anyone outside the coaching staff have seen enough of him to decide though. 

It's academic anyway because we WILL sign another striker.

As for Hendry,  I predict he will make 2 starting appearances near the end of the season and you will vote for him in the exiles POTY poll Panama :wink:

How much have you seen of him?  He may be ready to step up,  he may not be. Not sure anyone outside the coaching staff have seen enough of him to decide though. 

It's academic anyway because we WILL sign another striker.

As for Hendry,  I predict he will make 2 starting appearances near the end of the season and you will vote for him in the exiles POTY poll Panama :wink:

Here we go "how much have you seen of him ?"

May got thrown in against Rosenberg and kicked  off from there can you imagine the uproar if Wright had said May was going to be our main striker for that season so we wouldn't bother signing anyone else sometimes you've just got to go with what you've got  if it works out your a football genius if not fans are calling for your head

Theres no comparison, May had played 80 senior games before the Rosenborg tie, around 25 of which were in the top flight with us. 

Hendry has eight minutes of senior football. 

Most folk wanted May starting anyway, he'd scored over 20 goals in the Championship the season before. 

Edited by RandomGuy

Only a week ago Callum announced that Hendry had exceeded expectation and was promoted immediately to the first team squad.

Was it only me then that was disappointed on Saturday when Macca headed off to his oxygen tent that he was replaced by Cummins? A clearly off form and low on confidence Cummins. 

Ciftci gone to sailors haven and Kane Hemmings to Mansfield Town on loan?!?

I wonder who is left? 

Ex Saint Steve Evans clearly saw a jewel in Hemmings but that is his level. We should not cry too much at the thought that he was going to better himself by coming to Perth. Another one with no ambition.

If there is a jewel out there, I am sure Tommy will unearth one that no one expected.

Sorry, but I think it is a fair question.  How can anyone form an opinion on a young player who had on 10 minute substitute appearance to his name?

Anyone who has sung "Alex Rennie`s Blue and White Army" for 105 minutes at Shielfield Park circa 1982 non stop (includes half time) and has sat next to slf´in a mini bus to England and back again......should be allowed to form an opinion without being questioned ; )