Player contracts and transfers

David123

17 minutes ago, cristo said:

Kane scores again for QOS. The pundits are talking as if it's not yet decided where he'll spend the second half of the season?

Get him back and straight in the team for the cup game while he's in form like this.

No chance. McMillan will be backed up by McLean if not the other way round unfortunately.

55 minutes ago, cristo said:

Kane scores again for QOS. The pundits are talking as if it's not yet decided where he'll spend the second half of the season?

Get him back and straight in the team for the cup game while he's in form like this.

It's already been announced he's returning, think it's after their match with ICT. 

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

No chance. McMillan will be backed up by McLean if not the other way round unfortunately.

You're probably right, I wasn't sure if Mcmillan would go straight in but Macca will almost certainly for his experience if nothing else. Potential banana skin, can't afford any slip ups.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

It's already been announced he's returning, think it's after their match with ICT. 

On BBC website that he will be talking to Wright & Saints this week. Queens expecting him to go back as he is in goal scoring form.

Would expect Kane to want conformation he will not be sitting in the stand most games.

42 minutes ago, Cagey said:

On BBC website that he will be talking to Wright & Saints this week. Queens expecting him to go back as he is in goal scoring form.

Would expect Kane to want conformation he will not be sitting in the stand most games.

Tommy Wright himself said last week that Kerr and Kane were returning. I'll go with that rather than the BBC, who regularly get our line up wrong on Sportscene. 

Only way that changes is if Kane forces an extension to the loan, or we have another striker signed and joining. 

52 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Tommy Wright himself said last week that Kerr and Kane were returning. I'll go with that rather than the BBC, who regularly get our line up wrong on Sportscene. 

Only way that changes is if Kane forces an extension to the loan, or we have another striker signed and joining. 

I am not sure how you expect kane to force an extension. Surely if saints want him back then that's it. 

2 hours ago, saint_markperth said:

Some names I have been told about over the weekend - All out of contract at the end of season 2 have been told they are free to leave the other is wanting to make the step up

Clark Robertson - CB @ Blackpool

Connor McGrandles CM @ MK Dons

Jack Ruddy GK @ Wolves

If we sign a goalkeeper this window then I think I'd chuck it!

3 hours ago, saint_markperth said:

Some names I have been told about over the weekend - All out of contract at the end of season 2 have been told they are free to leave the other is wanting to make the step up

Jack Ruddy GK @ Wolves

All 3 young scottish players - surprised clark robertson had made so may appearances at aberdeen

Connor mcgrandles was spoken well of when at falkirk but id be disappointed if we didnt give kerr n Gordon a chance.

if we are interested in Ruddy must mean that Mannus is on his way

5 hours ago, saint_markperth said:

Jack Ruddy GK @ Wolves

Jack Ruddy has just signed a 2 year contract extension at Wolves, so he's definitely not been told he can leave. 

Also, I thought McGrandles signed a 2 year deal at MK Dons in the summer, in which case he's not out of contract either.

Edited by Nelly78

2 hours ago, Nelly78 said:

Also, I thought McGrandles signed a 2 year deal at MK Dons in the summer, in which case he's not out of contract either.

Certainly looks like you are correct: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conor_McGrandles

McGrandles signed a two-year contract with Milton Keynes Dons in May 2017.

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2017/05/18/ex-hearts-boss-robbie-neilson-key-former-falkirk-kid-conor-mcgrandles-switch-norwich-city-mk-dons/?platform=hootsuite

Tansey rumour to County on loan from Aberdeen. 

Ciftci loan to Motherwell rumoured also. 

Two players who’d certainly improve the starting XI. 

9th January and still quite quiet. I hope TW is not expecting MOH back as I’m pretty sure he won’t be. Pedro the Pony didn’t like him but I think Murty does. 

30 minutes ago, St Mikey said:

Tansey rumour to County on loan from Aberdeen. 

Ciftci loan to Motherwell rumoured also. 

Two players who’d certainly improve the starting XI. 

9th January and still quite quiet. I hope TW is not expecting MOH back as I’m pretty sure he won’t be. Pedro the Pony didn’t like him but I think Murty does. 

Worth noting that Tansey likely earns more than anyone in our squad, and County will probably take the whole wage on. 

Motherwell have the Moult money to play with aswell. 

What do folk see as being our priorities, positional wise?

With Maclean, Johnstone, Macmillan and Kane coming back, do we need another forward, as surely 4 in our squad would be about right in terms of numbers?

Although our defence hasn't been great, the one positive has been when anyone has been injured, it's been our young players who've provided cover rather than older fringe players; Gordon, Comrie and Tanser have all done well. I'd be happy enough if we didn't sign any new defenders.

Wide players and a centre midfielder who can keep the ball maybe (similar to Millar) the main targets??

16 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

What do folk see as being our priorities, positional wise?

With Maclean, Johnstone, Macmillan and Kane coming back, do we need another forward, as surely 4 in our squad would be about right in terms of numbers?

Although our defence hasn't been great, the one positive has been when anyone has been injured, it's been our young players who've provided cover rather than older fringe players; Gordon, Comrie and Tanser have all done well. I'd be happy enough if we didn't sign any new defenders.

Wide players and a centre midfielder who can keep the ball maybe (similar to Millar) the main targets??

Personally I think we're crying out for fresh experienced defenders to come in. Sentimentality aside, for me Ando is past it at this level, Championship is about right for him now. I don't see Gordon as being good enough either to take the starting position, so yeah I'd like a new CB in the window. Comrie has done very well with his opportunities, though it's unfortunate his injury will likely keep him out for the rest of the season, Foster is just a bomb scare at the moment! As for Tanser, there is a player in there, though he appears to be very much a confidence player, and we've all see what he's like when said confidence is gone, very poor. Shaughnessy is Mr dependable, though there are areas in which he could improve, and Easton? Injury aside has not looked up to it at all this season , carrying far too much weight these days.

The mere fact that we have been shipping goals in almost every game this season, especially from set pieces screams blue murder that we need to recruit at the back. The coaches have had half a season to sort it out and bar the odd game, nothing seems to be working.

Is Comrie out for the rest of the season?? I hadn't heard that.

Don't know why you think Gordon isn't up to it, I don't think he's looked out of place and hardly put a foot wrong in the games I've seen.

Disagree about Ando as well, he's still had some very good games, just at times his concentration and decision making have been poor. He's still a very good defender on his day. 

Foster I agree about, a capable player but he's too much of a liability for me in terms of the drama he brings. Tanser as well, has looked very good in some games, but in others has looked like a nervous wee laddie.. I think maybe he just needs a run of games to get his confidence up.

I think with Comrie, Gordon and Kerr emerging, I like the idea of gradually introducing these lads rather than going off and signing a journeyman as a stop gap.