Player contracts and transfers

David123

20 minutes ago, tucker said:

Kyle McLean must be wondering what he has to do to stay in Tommy's plans, especially getting the lad from man utd, probably pushing him done the order more, wound like to see Craig play left back against hearts if tanser is still unfit

Its difficult at the moment to gauge how good Mclean is. He was decent the other night, but it wasn't exactly high quality opposition. He reminds me of Scott Brown (not the Celtic one) and to an extent Caddis. Decent footballers but didn't have enough to command a place in the squad.

Difficult to decide what the loanees will bring. The Man U one looked to have a good range of passing on the video I saw...but that was in reserve/U20 games. Also he didn't get much game time in Holland even off the bench. Hopefully they don't turn out to be like Morgan, Doherty etc.

8 hours ago, saint_markperth said:

Jody Morris - Drink Driving

Jordan Robertson - Death by Dangerous Driving

Paul Paton - Assault on another player

Derek Riordan - Assault

I hardly think being linked to the IRA touches any of these 

Aye we are truly a family club !

Quotes from Millar about what happened at the start of the season.. 

“It’s been a funny season! Obviously I was told I could leave the club which is never something you want to hear as player. It was never a case of being forced out of the door though – the gaffer was open and honest, and he just told me that he didn’t envisage me playing as much and that if I wanted to be a regular at this point in my career I could look elsewhere.

It came as a bit of a surprise I’m not going to lie because I featured in the European games in the summer but that’s football. You can take these things two ways; you can take the hump and sulk, becoming a negative influence on the squad, or you can get your head down and work hard. I chose the latter and I’m really happy that I’ve managed to get back into the first-team.

“I never doubted myself and I always felt I had the ability to force myself back into the reckoning. I want to be here at St. Johnstone – playing and contributing to the squad – and I still feel I’ve got plenty to offer the team. I’m feeling as sharp as ever and just want to keep on performing whenever I get the chance to pull on the jersey.”

Edited by RandomGuy

On 01/02/2018 at 12:14 AM, Denzil said:

So you'd prefer it if we keep playing the remnants of the Cup winning side until they're on Zimmer frames, eh? Great, I can't wait! :roll:

https://www.smallcitybigpersonality.co.uk/Chris-Millar-Marks-Decade-with-St-Johnstone-Testimonial-Scottish-Premiership trying his best to avoid the "Zimmer Frame" EH.!? he is a Saintee through and through.!

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

You wonder if we'd have stood a better chance if we didn't wait until the final day to move for him.. 

I don’t think we did... pretty sure it was the weekend before deadline day.

And no, it wouldn’t have made a blind bit of difference. If a team who are heading to the English Premiership believe that he possesses the quality to be a first team player, they are unlikely to want to farm him out to the Scottish Premiership mid-season.

It was an audacious bid, but good on Callum for asking the question.