Player contracts and transfers

David123

58 minutes ago, TheMarkChristie said:

Kallum Higginbotham

Please to god No. The guy is a horrible thug on the park, have seen him loads and I can’t stand him. Brutal player who has a nasty streak and exactly the type I wouldn’t want at McD. He’s trouble and would pick up loads of bookings and red cards. I know we could do with a stronger type but he isn’t the answer there are better individuals out there and I really think he would disrupt the dressing room .

10 minutes ago, Jad said:

Please to god No. The guy is a horrible thug on the park, have seen him loads and I can’t stand him. Brutal player who has a nasty streak and exactly the type I wouldn’t want at McD. He’s trouble and would pick up loads of bookings and red cards. I know we could do with a stronger type but he isn’t the answer there are better individuals out there and I really think he would disrupt the dressing room .

Bar Muzz we are soft as shit.............. could this streak on the park (controlled) be what we need?

32 minutes ago, TheMarkChristie said:

Bar Muzz we are soft as shit.............. could this streak on the park (controlled) be what we need?

I'm not sure kicking out at folk off the ball and getting sent off is a positive, tbh.

Hugely worried by this link to Dunfermline players. All we'd be signing from them is back up dross. We need first team quality.

On ‎03‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 3:09 PM, Cagey said:

Think we knew Midge leaving.

Treated badly by Tommy

On ‎04‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 8:44 AM, Cagey said:

He was told he could move on last summer"rightly so" but he decided to stay because he loves the club & worked on his fitness & injury problems. He was probably fitter & never went off injured in any games this season so looks like it worked. Despite that he was still sidelined by Wright & was only used when we were down to bare bones but still gave his all  Most times was best man on park & the only player we have who doesn't treat the ball like a hot potatoe.

Just think he could have given us another season. Hopefully we can pick up a midfielder as good as him .

Anyway ,thanks Midge for 10 years of commitment.

On ‎04‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 10:28 AM, Honest Saints Fan said:

Fantastic player, still our best midfielder and a great guy. Handled himself brilliantly the last year despite being poorly treated by Saints (this is a fact). Really hope he finds another club as he still has another season or two in him. Glad he made it to 10 years and has a deserved testimonial. A saints legend.

I'm absolutely gutted to see Midge leave.  A tremendous footballer, great servant to the club and a really genuine and decent human being.  Without doubt one of my favourite ever Saints players.  I believe he could still do a job for Saints, but would rather he didn't go a season too far and cheapen his legacy at the club.

To claim he has been poorly treated by the club seems strange though.  He has had 10 years wages and has been granted a testimonial year.  Anytime I have spoken to him (last time was at Cuptie's testimonial) he has nothing but good to say about anyone connected with St Johnstone.  I realise the HSF is claiming to have inside knowledge and "this is fact", but given her propensity for attention seeking, forgive me for choosing not to believe her.  

6 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Oh **** off. He was treated shitely by Saints last summer, believe me or not. I have absolutely no reason to make this up. 

Why would he stay at the club then?  Oh and do you kiss yer bairn with that mouth?

12 minutes ago, jhq said:

Why would he stay at the club then?  Oh and do you kiss yer bairn with that mouth?

Because no other club were interested in him and it was getting late into the transfer window. Plus he has a young family to think about. Better to take a large wage reduction from Saints and stay than have no club.

Would you like me to PM you my source and evidence? 

7 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Because no other club were interested in him and it was getting late into the transfer window. Plus he has a young family to think about. Better to take a large wage reduction from Saints and stay than have no club.

Would you like me to PM you my source and evidence? 

Absolutely yes.   How could he take a large reduction on a contract that had been agreed the season before?  And why would he continue to talk so positively about the club if he had been treated very badly?  

There is a number 9 who scored a hat trick today and who has signed a pre contract with Hearts so here is a message for him and Stevie Brown.

"Come on Macca dae a Richard Britian and tell Hearts you are staying at Saints cos the wife does not want you to be nearer home and getting under her feet"

Stevie offer Hearts a Mini Bus - sure our sponsor could find a cheap one"

Perhaps the peebles saints could have a word with Macca :laugh::laugh:

On 12/28/2012 at 7:49 PM, 541ntees said:

hearts desperate to get rid of players and with Callum going we need a left back :?

Tom Hately has one of the best left foots in the league

for left wing driver is looking like his old self, and junky McCourt cant expect to much wages surely and may want to play weekly

Goodbye Steve we'll always hold you in a high stature..  Have to say glad he's gone on a high and freed up some wages he'll not do to well at Hearts

5 hours ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Oh **** off. He was treated shitely by Saints last summer, believe me or not. I have absolutely no reason to make this up. 

5 hours ago, jhq said:

I'm absolutely gutted to see Midge leave.  A tremendous footballer, great servant to the club and a really genuine and decent human being.  Without doubt one of my favourite ever Saints players.  I believe he could still do a job for Saints, but would rather he didn't go a season too far and cheapen his legacy at the club.

To claim he has been poorly treated by the club seems strange though.  He has had 10 years wages and has been granted a testimonial year.  Anytime I have spoken to him (last time was at Cuptie's testimonial) he has nothing but good to say about anyone connected with St Johnstone.  I realise the HSF is claiming to have inside knowledge and "this is fact", but given her propensity for attention seeking, forgive me for choosing not to believe her.  

Folk forget that years ago he was quite happy to walk out on the club and go to Australia. Luckily for us it fell through and he stayed. 

Remember the players have all the power when it comes to contracts so to say he was treated badly when a club decide not to play a player or offer a new contract is totally unfair. 

10 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

I'm not sure kicking out at folk off the ball and getting sent off is a positive, tbh.

Hugely worried by this link to Dunfermline players. All we'd be signing from them is back up dross. We need first team quality.

FFS Randy There is no "Link" to Dunfermline players other than an unsubstantiated comment from someone on this thread..

6 hours ago, Kevin James Is On Stilts said:

I wonder what Stevie May's upto next season. Seems only right that his downward spiral would allow him to end up a the club that made him. Like some kind of depressing long haired boardgame

So that’s Swanson, O’Halloran and May we are after in the summer then 

No idea if it's possible but I would be delighted with a midfield 3 of Davidson, Wotherspoon and Willock next season. The more I see Willock the more I like him. Quick, strong, skilful and those legs get everywhere. I thought he was rubbish when he first came in but he's developed massively in his time here. Would he a great signing and let's face it, he's not displacing Pogba any time soon. Williams also has ability but I think Willock has more potential. Would be happy with either.