Player contracts and transfers

David123

Callachan is the type of midfielder I was expecting Tommy to go for. Relatively young, albeit with plenty of experience. I imagine our transfer dealings would be complete after this one. See that we've also been credited with an interest in Danny Swanson, but there would surely need to be a significant departure in order for that one to even be a possibility.

With Dundee taking Miller & selling Wighton to Hearts I wonder if they’ll pursue Shankland at Ayr or does the arrival of Miller put an end to that. Not that I’m interested in the transfer dealings of Dundee. I just wonder if Saints would be in a position to pursue Shankland. Don’t know what happened with him at Aberdeen but he doesn’t seem to be a one season wonder as he’s continued his goal scoring form this season & at a higher level. Or is it just wishful thinking on my part that Saints would be willing or could even meet Ayr’s valuation

19 minutes ago, Saints11 said:

With Dundee taking Miller & selling Wighton to Hearts I wonder if they’ll pursue Shankland at Ayr or does the arrival of Miller put an end to that. Not that I’m interested in the transfer dealings of Dundee. I just wonder if Saints would be in a position to pursue Shankland. Don’t know what happened with him at Aberdeen but he doesn’t seem to be a one season wonder as he’s continued his goal scoring form this season & at a higher level. Or is it just wishful thinking on my part that Saints would be willing or could even meet Ayr’s valuation

Don't need a striker. Plus Shankland had been a dud at this level.

22 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Surprised he went to 1st division but hopefully it will help with fitness & confidence.

Also hopefully only til January.

It's a season long loan. He needs regular games, and he won't get that here. League One should be slightly below him, so playing and scoring every week will help him immensely. 

21 minutes ago, Saints11 said:

Ayr want at least £250k for him, he's less than a year younger than Kane and he has 17goals in 66 games in the Championship. 

We'd be wasting a lot of money. 

44 minutes ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Callum Hendry out on loan. (I’d have kept him) 

Wonder who’s coming in? 

Jeez, you guys are useless. I had to google myself to see where Calum has gone on loan to....

I think Brechin will be great for him. Always liked them, and I've come to think of them as one of our feeder clubs. Darren Dodds is a Saints legend, not always for the best reasons. I think Calum's going to be a club hero in 18 months to 2 years time. Best of luck to him. Playing and scoring for Brechin will do him the world of good.

31 minutes ago, sleepless said:

Jeez, you guys are useless. I had to google myself to see where Calum has gone on loan to....

I think Brechin will be great for him. Always liked them, and I've come to think of them as one of our feeder clubs. Darren Dodds is a Saints legend, not always for the best reasons. I think Calum's going to be a club hero in 18 months to 2 years time. Best of luck to him. Playing and scoring for Brechin will do him the world of good.

Was on the Official site Sleepy.:wink: