Player contracts and transfers

David123

47 minutes ago, cristo said:

Disappointed about Hendry, I believe he's shown he's ready to fight for a first team place.

I know many will disagree, but I think a loan deal which involves dropping two divisions is a massive step backwards.

Not really.He needs games and lots of them.Going to Championship club he would probably got a good bit of game time but in the first division he will be a guaranteed starter..Plus(hopefully) getting a lot of goals will really boost his confidence.Remember he has had an injury wrecked career so far and the more game time he gets the better 

6 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

Not really.He needs games and lots of them.Going to Championship club he would probably got a good bit of game time but in the first division he will be a guaranteed starter..Plus(hopefully) getting a lot of goals will really boost his confidence.Remember he has had an injury wrecked career so far and the more game time he gets the better 

Agreed. It's a very useful move for him.

1 hour ago, cristo said:

Disappointed about Hendry, I believe he's shown he's ready to fight for a first team place.

I know many will disagree, but I think a loan deal which involves dropping two divisions is a massive step backwards.

Loan deals of this kind have worked out well for the club in recent years certainly did not do Stevy May Jason Kerr or Chris Kane any harm.

Just been told about a story/ rumour  on Dundee Utd mad page. Allegedly Scougalls dad saying that there has been a falling out with TW. His agent has been talking to Motherwell and some folk are thinking he might go to Utd or the Pars on loan. If that happens would that free up money/ space? Feel sorry for Scougall as don’t think we have seen the best of him.

20 minutes ago, Jad said:

Just been told about a story/ rumour  on Dundee Utd mad page. Allegedly Scougalls dad saying that there has been a falling out with TW. His agent has been talking to Motherwell and some folk are thinking he might go to Utd or the Pars on loan. If that happens would that free up money/ space? Feel sorry for Scougall as don’t think we have seen the best of him.

Given the number of minutes Scougall has had recently, I can quite believe this story unfortunately.

Scougall and a few youngsters out (on loan perhaps) and  Swanson and Callachan would be beautiful.

Edit: only because it means we'd have Swanson back. Can't say I'm that fussed about Callachan.

3 minutes ago, akuram said:

Don't really think we would miss Scougall unfortunately as he hasn't lived up to all the excitement when he was signed. Alway feel he is not big enough to dominate.

I don’t think he has the fight in his belly for this league. It’s not size related. Danny Swanson got stuck in fine here and was never one got shying away. I don’t see the same fight in Scougall.

1 hour ago, Pat McGroin said:

I don’t think he has the fight in his belly for this league. It’s not size related. Danny Swanson got stuck in fine here and was never one got shying away. I don’t see the same fight in Scougall.

I couldn't disagree with you more. Scougall is a player I think has a great work rate and regularly fights to regain possession.

I really hope these are just rumours, as Scougall has the potential to be a great player for us. Especially with two wide men moving forward for him and Watt's footballing brain.

I think the fact that he’s nowhere near the starting 11 speaks volumes. 

I’m maybe being a bit harsh. Maybe he could cut it with a run of games but the fact that this marquee signing is struggling to get near the team suggests that something is off. 

I just don’t think he “fits”. Tony Watt has looked at home here from the first minute. I don’t see that in Scougall. 

There is certainly something off, but I just can't see in any way what so ever how he wouldn't have been a better option than McMillan in the 10 role last Saturday.

He has vision and now when we finally get players in the team with good movement it seems he is no longer needed. I'd argue Wright's persistence in putting him wide rather than giving him a run centrally has been the biggest issue.

Kennedy & Wright are not going to go the whole season without injury going on the way they have not had protection from refs. Also suspensions & the fact that Danny can play as a 10 .Its a good move in my book.

We may have to let a couple go by mutual consent but I can't see anyone accepting it.

2 minutes ago, california_saintee said:

If Hibs have cancelled his contract & registration, that means that he can wait until after the window closes, and then still sign for someone, right?

Danny wouldn't go anywhere else but Saints. He only left because it was Hibs but the dream died.