Player contracts and transfers

David123

7 hours ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

Obviously did the deal is not done yet but it's looking a bit more promising

Screenshot_20190122-235320.png

It does sound promising but it also makes me wonder what we have to do to "prove" we want him. I'd really like to keep him but it needs to work within the pay structure at the club. I wouldn't be breaking the bank.

That has crossed my mind- what I would also point out though is that the club has lost some top earners over the past few seasons. Players who had been here a long time and I'd suspect were on very good amounts. Mannus, Macca, Millar, Dave, etc would of been higher earners for us.

Steve Brown seems he is very much cut from the same cloth as his father. I don't think he will ever let it get out of hand.

Also two cup ties in a season against Celtic, with live tv coverage, whilst shite from a football point of view, must be quite a substantial additional income.

Minimum of £200k for the pair of matches combined as a complete guess?

That, along with a few higher earners leaving, will maybe provide a decent amount of scope to sign the abundance of talent we currently have at our disposal!

12 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Also two cup ties in a season against Celtic, with live tv coverage, whilst shite from a football point of view, must be quite a substantial additional income.

Minimum of £200k for the pair of matches combined as a complete guess?

That, along with a few higher earners leaving, will maybe provide a decent amount of scope to sign the abundance of talent we currently have at our disposal!

Thought the money from tv deals was shared equally and not paid to individual teams involved.

12 minutes ago, mainstand said:

Thought the money from tv deals was shared equally and not paid to individual teams involved.

SPFL games are but always thought the teams actually playing in cups get the dosh  but it may have changed this season seeing as there are 3 or 4 broadcasters involved.

Even if we don't get TV money a gate of 20000 at average £20 gives us a share of £400 k.

Edited by Cagey

29 minutes ago, mainstand said:

Same as Cagey, I thought that was for league games, but the two sides in a televised cup match share the gate money and tv money.

I could be completely wrong here,so someone with more knowledge on the subject might provide the right details...

32 minutes ago, mainstand said:

21 minutes ago, Cagey said:

SPFL games are but always thought the teams actually playing in cups get the dosh  but it may have changed this season seeing as there are 3 or 4 broadcasters involved.

Even if we don't get TV money a gate of 20000 at average £20 gives us a share of £400 k.

League TV money is seperate to cup TV money, as far as I know, if your cup game is shown live then you get money for it.

Gates are shared in the cup too.