Player contracts and transfers

David123

1 hour ago, SconeSaintees said:

May also suggest that Joe has decided to extened, why ship out experienced defender if you are about to lose another which then only leaves Jason and Liam can't see that happening

I doubt it. Shaughnessy will be here until the end of the season regardless of whether he signs a contract with us or Aberdeen.

1 hour ago, bankfoot saint said:

As long as Gordon is the backup and doesn’t find himself behind keown in the pecking order. I just thought it would have made more sense to put Gordon to Partick and given him game time rather than sitting on the bench but that’s just an opinion  

Gordon will be 3rd choice. 

I'm guessing, but if Anderson's desperate for game time then it's only right that we show him the respect to allow him that, especially after his service to us. Gordon is maybe happier to take his chances when he gets them.

Getting Keown in exchange saves us wasting time looking for a replacement as fourth choice, he's out of contract in the Summer if he does end up performing well (he was superb for them the season they finished top six), and theres a chance Partick are paying more of Anderson's wage than we're paying of Keowns, so we've maybe saved money through this deal.

Edited by RandomGuy

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

I doubt it. Shaughnessy will be here until the end of the season regardless of whether he signs a contract with us or Aberdeen.

Gordon will be 3rd choice. 

I'm guessing, but if Anderson's desperate for game time then it's only right that we show him the respect to allow him that, especially after his service to us. Gordon is maybe happier to take his chances when he gets them.

Getting Keown in exchange saves us wasting time looking for a replacement as fourth choice, he's out of contract in the Summer if he does end up performing well (he was superb for them the season they finished top six), and theres a chance Partick are paying more of Anderson's wage than we're paying of Keowns, so we've maybe saved money through this deal.

That's exactly how I see it. Keowns just got himself a 6 month trial for next season. 

16 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

Was Keown playing for Partick this season? Seems a bit of a strange one.

My thoughts. Don't know if he has been playing. If he was I doubt if he would be coming to us.

Would rather have Ando as back but may be he wanted game time.

Was never impressed by Keown.

You can understand Anderson looking for games at his stage of career. As they say on Saints TV he realises that it is unlikely he will get back into the side under normal circumstances.

Dont think we have seen the last of him, however. Come the end of the season a decent bid for Kerr and he might be away (£100,001 Barnsley?) and Joe hasn't said much about the pre-contract....although on that I noticed the manager never mentioned him in the players we are talking to re new contracts.

So come next season we might have Gordon and Anderson as the first choice centre backs.

37 minutes ago, MrBored said:

You can understand Anderson looking for games at his stage of career. As they say on Saints TV he realises that it is unlikely he will get back into the side under normal circumstances.

Dont think we have seen the last of him, however. Come the end of the season a decent bid for Kerr and he might be away (£100,001 Barnsley?) and Joe hasn't said much about the pre-contract....although on that I noticed the manager never mentioned him in the players we are talking to re new contracts.

So come next season we might have Gordon and Anderson as the first choice centre backs.

I would doubt that very much. Anderson's level now is probably Championship. N

Edited by Havana Saint

39 minutes ago, MrBored said:

If Joe leaves do you not think we might sign another centre half?

56 minutes ago, rik2304 said:

Better deal for Thistle than us. Especially as Ando likes a goal as well.

Good move for everyone concerned, I'd say. Thistle are in a perilous position and will benefit from his experience and nous.

But realistically, he wasn't going to play for us this season other than in the case of bad injuries. So it's a good move for Ando, who will want to be playing football.

And we get, risk free, a chance to look at someone else.

Smart deal all round, I think.

Great news with Kerr signing on. Terrific business by saints to keep hold of him and if he continues to improve the way he is, we could be looking at big cash injection for him. If we can get Tony and Joe deals extended now, this is by far the best year of business I have seen saints produce. Incredible signings who have made a massive impact and managing to keep hold of valuable players

16 hours ago, garydavidson said:

Was Keown playing for Partick this season? Seems a bit of a strange one.

I've just read that he's played 16 times for Partick this season, the last of those appearances in December, so he's obviously not completely out the picture at Firhill.

5 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

From the BBC 

"Tommy Wright wasn’t free to chat to us pre-match because he was “on the phone”, so maybe some wheeling and dealing in the transfer market being done?"

Or maybe someone said Hey Tommy it's the Sportsound wanting an interview  Tommy put down his Coffee,rolled his eyes,shook his head and Said Tell them I'm on the phone