Player contracts and transfers

David123

15 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

TWs interview on Saints TV doesn't hold back...

"No, it's about some of them picked themselves up. People who know me, I'm pretty loyal, I've protected them long enough. Maybe they should look at themselves and pick themselves up. I'm not accepting that performance. Some of them maybe think since their under contract they'll be here next season, that might not be the case"

O'Halloran & Swanson paid off for starters.

Guest ScottMann

I think we're seeing why MOH got a two and a half year deal, using this half season to get him properly fit and knock the rustiness off him after such a long spell injured/gameless.

Badly needed next season.

Right back left back.

Holding & creative midfielder.

Striker.

Don't think there is anyone coming through youth system & not sure McCann & McClean can be more than squad players so we will have to offload a few to bring in at least 5.

I would tell Swanson & O'Halloran they can find another club. Allow Watt to return to his PlayStation. Hope Joe is going to Dons. Alston going to Dundee.Goss to return to parent club immediately. Let Ando stay with Partick.

I am sure there are a few others like Comrie who I like but has lost his way that will be allowed to go.

Lot of work for Wright to do between now & July.

Striker and central midfielder are the key positions to fill. Let Watt & Swanson go. Joe needs to be replaced at the back if he is leaving.

I’d like to see a older, calm head at the back to help the younger players. Someone like Aaron Hughes from Hearts comes to mind.

Tony Andreu is a player I’ve admired in the past, although hasn’t been good at Hamilton this season. Could he refind some form?

I think the striker needs to be someone with a big presence. We need a bit more muscle up front for MOH to play off.

52 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Right back left back.

Striker.

Don't think there is anyone coming through youth system & not sure McCann & McClean can be more than squad players so we will have to offload a few to bring in at least 5.

I would tell Swanson & O'Halloran they can find another club. Allow Watt to return to his PlayStation. Hope Joe is going to Dons. Alston going to Dundee.Goss to return to parent club immediately. Let Ando stay with Partick.

I am sure there are a few others like Comrie who I like but has lost his way that will be allowed to go.

Jamie McKenzie   age 19 midfield workhorse never gives a player a second on the ball .

cammy ballantyne age 19 deep lying midfielder been on loan at BC GLASGOW 

Euan o Reilly age 19 right wing speed merchant on loan BC GLASGOW

SHAUN STRUTHERS AGE 19 STRIKER BEEN ON LOAN AT BC GLASGOW 

JOHN ROBERTSON AGE 17 STRIKER GOOD EYE FOR GOAL  FAST AND STRONG 

JORDAN BOAG AGE 17 DEFENDER BIG AND STRONG

EGGY LEFT BACK/CENTER HALF ,AGE 17 CAPPED FOR SCOTLAND 

KYLE GREEN AGE 18 ,CENTER MIDFIELD /OR A NUMBER 10 ,TECHNICALLY VERY GOOD CAN SEE A PASS MOST ASSISTS AT 17S AND  18S 

What do these lads all have in common, well a couple of things actually ,firstly they were all lead to believe by the football authorities in Scotland that by getting rid of the twenties and bringing in the reserves that this would help their pathway to first team football ,not the case as there is so few games and what games their is saints put quite a few first teamers in so these boys find themselves out the squad or on the bench   to guys that you can see are not interested in playing and are defo not interested in helping the young ones ,not all of them are like that and i am sure as avid fans you'll no what ones i am on about.

secondly they are all out of contract at the end of the season and still do not know   if they will be offered a new one or not ,one reason for this is that saints may not be putting in a reserve side this year and i cant see it going back to under 20s .so if this is the case that means that after 18s there will be no pathway to the 1st team unless you are so good or they set up a loan system with an affiliated club or junior clubs .

Marky Munro age 18 right back very good defender 

Oliver Hamilton age 17 striker ,good finisher very fast top goalscorer for 17s and leading scorer for 18s

both on two year deals olly will go on to his last year next season .

Jordan northcott age 16 left midfielder ,this lad has springs in his boots can jump so high ,very fast also a good finisher ,played most 18  games this season and most reserve games as well and now on bench for first team .

There are a couple of others but i do not know there names ,bottom line is these boys above are all very good but raw but are not given the chance like other clubs do with their youth and may all be on the way out apart from the last 3 .

if the club always does it budget on finishing tenth in the league why did they bring in those players in January ,would it not have been better to blend some of those youth players in and give them a chance and they might make some good money for saints in the future .

so the youth is there and they are very good  

14 hours ago, sevcozombie2 said:

Jamie McKenzie   age 19 midfield workhorse never gives a player a second on the ball .

cammy ballantyne age 19 deep lying midfielder been on loan at BC GLASGOW 

Euan o Reilly age 19 right wing speed merchant on loan BC GLASGOW

SHAUN STRUTHERS AGE 19 STRIKER BEEN ON LOAN AT BC GLASGOW 

JOHN ROBERTSON AGE 17 STRIKER GOOD EYE FOR GOAL  FAST AND STRONG 

JORDAN BOAG AGE 17 DEFENDER BIG AND STRONG

EGGY LEFT BACK/CENTER HALF ,AGE 17 CAPPED FOR SCOTLAND 

KYLE GREEN AGE 18 ,CENTER MIDFIELD /OR A NUMBER 10 ,TECHNICALLY VERY GOOD CAN SEE A PASS MOST ASSISTS AT 17S AND  18S 

What do these lads all have in common, well a couple of things actually ,firstly they were all lead to believe by the football authorities in Scotland that by getting rid of the twenties and bringing in the reserves that this would help their pathway to first team football ,not the case as there is so few games and what games their is saints put quite a few first teamers in so these boys find themselves out the squad or on the bench   to guys that you can see are not interested in playing and are defo not interested in helping the young ones ,not all of them are like that and i am sure as avid fans you'll no what ones i am on about.

secondly they are all out of contract at the end of the season and still do not know   if they will be offered a new one or not ,one reason for this is that saints may not be putting in a reserve side this year and i cant see it going back to under 20s .so if this is the case that means that after 18s there will be no pathway to the 1st team unless you are so good or they set up a loan system with an affiliated club or junior clubs .

Marky Munro age 18 right back very good defender 

Oliver Hamilton age 17 striker ,good finisher very fast top goalscorer for 17s and leading scorer for 18s

both on two year deals olly will go on to his last year next season .

Jordan northcott age 16 left midfielder ,this lad has springs in his boots can jump so high ,very fast also a good finisher ,played most 18  games this season and most reserve games as well and now on bench for first team .

There are a couple of others but i do not know there names ,bottom line is these boys above are all very good but raw but are not given the chance like other clubs do with their youth and may all be on the way out apart from the last 3 .

if the club always does it budget on finishing tenth in the league why did they bring in those players in January ,would it not have been better to blend some of those youth players in and give them a chance and they might make some good money for saints in the future .

so the youth is there and they are very good  

Thanks. Appreciate your insights. Informative as ever. I’ll appoint you to speak to the club on my behalf any time :)

19 hours ago, Cagey said:

Right back left back.

Striker.

In Bold agree. I would still keep Ando for another season as cover if he agrees, Alston I would like to see get another contract if only for a year.

Watt is a conundrum - I still think he has a lot to offer but wouldn't be be too disappointed if he went providing we can find a quality replacement - and not May!

47 minutes ago, SaintJet said:

In Bold agree. I would still keep Ando for another season as cover if he agrees, Alston I would like to see get another contract if only for a year.

Watt is a conundrum - I still think he has a lot to offer but wouldn't be be too disappointed if he went providing we can find a quality replacement - and not May!

I get the feeling Anderson won't be happy at playing back-up, hence the reason he is currently at Partick. 

58 minutes ago, dave mc said:

Thought the young guy at the back, Jack Wilson?? looked good 

as i said cant remember them all and even though i do enjoy writing these things up ,i wish i didn't have to ,i think its the clubs duty to do it as i am no sports writer and this really affect my narcolepsy after twenty mins on this i just want to sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedhhh8f=8`=yhf`=h=9hf8h`f]=`9h8`hfhb1=9hc=1=h18yyhc19-899chhhh

57 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Mark Reynolds has played 4 games for Aberdeen in the past 12 months.

I think mainly due to injury. Just meaning that gives them one less option if he is not going back. I am also think Dons will be expecting to lose their international centre back.

10 hours ago, Cagey said:

I think mainly due to injury. Just meaning that gives them one less option if he is not going back. I am also think Dons will be expecting to lose their international centre back.

An update of Shaughnessy in the papers today...

"Aberdeen have offered a pre-contract to St Johnstone skipper Joe Shaughnessy but are losing patience on that one as the defender has stalled over his next move."

Biggest stumbling block in our attempts to re-sign Joe has been the fact he is represented by his Dad, who by all accounts has proved a massive stumbling block in any attempted deal.   

Deal is on the table from Aberdeen but I think Joe is holding out for a potential move down South.   one thing is for certain, he will not be at Saints next year I do not think.