Player contracts and transfers

David123

50 minutes ago, Cagey said:

I wonder if Tommy is sitting by his phone in the hope an agent will come up with a couple of defenders.

Or maybe phone Joe's dad.

Tommy would have to back down from his stance that Joe was the one that would have to start negotiations again.

I haven't heard any rumours about contracts from other clubs for Joe apart from Random mentioning Dundee United.

I liked Shaughnessy and hoped he'd sign a new deal but we have to move on, even if it's cutting off a bit of our own nose. 

I'd usually welcome a player back but, unless it's been kept under wraps, his side have made no attempt to reopen discussions with Saints, so he's clearly looking to move on.

53 minutes ago, Radford 72 said:

I liked Shaughnessy and hoped he'd sign a new deal but we have to move on, even if it's cutting off a bit of our own nose. 

I'd usually welcome a player back but, unless it's been kept under wraps, his side have made no attempt to reopen discussions with Saints, so he's clearly looking to move on.

He has also missed pre-season when that happened with Muzz it took a while for him to catch up if I remember correctly?

23 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

He has also missed pre-season when that happened with Muzz it took a while for him to catch up if I remember correctly?

Think he was struggling to get in the team at the turn of the year. 

The club should have had another defender signed by now (i.e. before the injuries), it's poor. 

On 7/13/2019 at 7:34 PM, saintgscot said:

One of the trialists may be on way to St Mirren due to finances was this to make way for another player or was he asking to much.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4480140/st-mirren-st-johnstone-tyler-garratt-transfer-news/

I wouldn't be surprised if all other new signings are basically on hold until we know if we're getting May or not. 

7 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I wouldn't be surprised if all other new signings are basically on hold until we know if we're getting May or not. 

How long will Tommy wait? There needs to be a cut of date and he should tell us when it has passed. Then move on to his contingency striker if he is still available. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Dundee fans seem confident they've signed May on loan.

Keep forgetting they have the Dave Mackay connection now:

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/dundee-boss-mcpake-has-list-of-potential-strikers-the-size-of-a-phonebook/

“(First-team coach) Dave Mackay has had a couple of conversations with Derek McInnes and Tony Docherty because they know each other so well, just to find out the situation, as we do with any player we look at. We’ve done a bit of background on him like we have done with about 15 strikers at the minute.”

2 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

Keep forgetting they have the Dave Mackay connection now:

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/dundee-boss-mcpake-has-list-of-potential-strikers-the-size-of-a-phonebook/

“(First-team coach) Dave Mackay has had a couple of conversations with Derek McInnes and Tony Docherty because they know each other so well, just to find out the situation, as we do with any player we look at. We’ve done a bit of background on him like we have done with about 15 strikers at the minute.”

Hes apparently quoted today saying they've agreed a permanent deal, and loan deal, for the player, and it's now up to the player to decide where hes going to go.

I dont see any way we get him now, as financially we'll be the worst option.

2 minutes ago, rik2304 said:

May's done anyway.

Happy to have the memories.

A lot of fans will turn if we miss out on him, especially to Dundee.

If you then add in the huge injury problems that might see us fail to qualify out the group, then a heavy opening day defeat to Celtic, and you have a perfect storm for fans to completely turn.

Just now, RandomGuy said:

If you then add in the huge injury problems that might see us fail to qualify out the group, then a heavy opening day defeat to Celtic, and you have a perfect storm for fans to completely turn.

Turn on?

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Oh Calm Down!

I'm not convinced May would be worth his price tag so lets move on.

I think our manager will be prudent enough to have another striker in the frame and there is still plenty time to add to the  squad.

23 minutes ago, SaintJet said:

Oh Calm Down!

I'm not convinced May would be worth his price tag so lets move on.

I think our manager will be prudent enough to have another striker in the frame and there is still plenty time to add to the  squad.

TWs strike rate with signing strikers is absolutely abysmal, if we miss out on May I highly doubt hes got some superb striker sitting as second choice.

Edited by RandomGuy