Player contracts and transfers

David123

31 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

If that is indeed the same system that they use when a youth player transfers to another team, I can well believe that it will be a less than rapid process. 

Would have thought they could fast-track premiership moves mind.

Surely not that complex when people can make signings so late into transfer windows?

57 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

I suspect we’ll have “bought him out of his contract” which is basically the same as paying a fee. Dress it up however! 

If the Aberdeen contract was simply torn-up without Saints paying a fee or Aberdeen paying May, Saints might have got him here by paying a large signing-on fee. Aberdeen cut their losses, May gets some of his Aberdeen dosh back and a chance to play football, Saints get May and “Proper Club” still gets a cut. 

18 hours ago, Pat McGroin said:

I wonder how much this has cost us? 

£250k? 

They paid £400k for him a year ago, so can’t imagine it would be much less. 

Great bit of business this IMO. Bit my tongue before as I was worried he’d go elsewhere, but can’t wait to see him back in blue. 

I’m sure he’ll thrive being our main striker. 

Won't cost us other than whatever he negotiates for signing on bonus.

Aberdeen want shot of him because he is a big earner, and likely to sit on the bench with McInnes not fanciing him to do the job for them...........................which begs the question: what will he do for us? I think....not alot!

I bet someone on here that Watt wouldn't score more than 10 league goals and they told me i was daft.

SO, same again: May won't score 10 league goals in a campaign. Happy to bet for charity....

2 hours ago, MySpazz said:

I bet someone on here that Watt wouldn't score more than 10 league goals and they told me i was daft.

SO, same again: May won't score 10 league goals in a campaign. Happy to bet for charity....

I bet you £100 he does.

Charity begins at home!

8 hours ago, Broggy Man said:

Jeez Random you had him signing for Dundee killie Utd and fwiw saints paid a contribution/ fee for him 

Aye, I'm a sucker for believing any story that emerges, tbh.

2 hours ago, MySpazz said:

Won't cost us other than whatever he negotiates for signing on bonus.

Aberdeen want shot of him because he is a big earner, and likely to sit on the bench with McInnes not fanciing him to do the job for them...........................which begs the question: what will he do for us? I think....not alot!

May got less than 1 goalscoring chance per match for Aberdeen, over the course of a season. Every heat map you find for him has him in the same sort of positions Swanson was taking up for us on Sunday, and Aberdeen fans say his best performance was when he was told to man mark Scott Brown.

Hes clearly not been used right by McInnes.

Either way, if he scores more than 3 goals hes beaten the tally of all strikers last season so can he dubbed a success. If he gets more than 9 hes beaten their combined tally.

7 hours ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

If that is indeed the same system that they use when a youth player transfers to another team, I can well believe that it will be a less than rapid process. 

Would have thought they could fast-track premiership moves mind.

Cancelling registrations on the SFA system is easy compared to what it used to be. Suspect the pro clubs will have quite a few more hoops to jump through

5 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

Strange that it can work so quickly at some points but not at others.  Would be interesting to know what exactly the process is.

I think, and it's just guesswork, that as long as you file the paperwork before the deadline the deal can still be processed, even if it's not even looked at until after the window has shut. 

If you watch Sky Sports News the day after the window ends, you get a steady stream of deals being confirmed throughout the day.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

I think, and it's just guesswork, that as long as you file the paperwork before the deadline the deal can still be processed, even if it's not even looked at until after the window has shut. 

If you watch Sky Sports News the day after the window ends, you get a steady stream of deals being confirmed throughout the day.

I think that is mainly on trandfer deadline day @Randomguy They used to use fax macjines but now it is a case of uploading the contracts etc onto an online system. 

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Reports in the papers today Jason Cummings is in talks over a loan deal.

The report in the tele also says that Saints are trying to get Stevy May on loan, which contradicts the reports form Monday night. Is taht not the same paper that had Dundee signing him last week??

1 minute ago, mainstand said:

The report in the tele also says that Saints are trying to get Stevy May on loan, which contradicts the reports form Monday night. Is taht not the same paper that had Dundee signing him last week??

I think its the same journalist tbh, which throws doubt on the whole thing.

The same fans who talked about May signing last week, have also spent the last few days hinting at one more striker coming in on loan, and making references that hinted at Cummings. Depends on how willing you are to believe these things.

1 minute ago, Saline Saint said:

Does that mean we might have to put up with that hand tattoo goal celebration,always wanted to punch him every time I saw it,well suppose we will be greateful if we see it regularly 

nintchdbpict000365209370.jpg

I think hes an absolute wanker, but hes the type of fanny that you love when they're in your team.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

I think its the same journalist tbh, which throws doubt on the whole thing.

The same fans who talked about May signing last week, have also spent the last few days hinting at one more striker coming in on loan, and making references that hinted at Cummings. Depends on how willing you are to believe these things.

Imagine getting paid to read Pie and Bovril and writing stories about it :)

He is very easy to hate, don't think I will ever love him but wouldn't complain if he had his hand covering his face every week.

Why are we so gullible. We will not get May and Cummings unless we get rig of McMillan and Kane or Hendry. Players out, before players in, 5 forwards too much strain on the budget. Remember a Centre back is also supposedly coming too. But dream on

Just get May or Cummings in ASAP