Player contracts and transfers

David123

1 hour ago, Johnny B said:

Why are we so gullible. We will not get May and Cummings unless we get rig of McMillan and Kane or Hendry. Players out, before players in, 5 forwards too much strain on the budget. Remember a Centre back is also supposedly coming too. But dream on

Just get May or Cummings in ASAP

Don't think Hendry will be on much at all to be honest, yes we need to get rid of McMillan or Kane...but surely after we sign our striker that we have been desperately needing for months? Would be rather foolish to punt either Kane or McMillan to the championshp prior to any new deal.

As for players out from a budget point of view, not many of us will have access to the wages spreadsheet, however you have to question the accuracy, credibility and authenticity of any statement suggesting more players need to leave the club to finance a striker.

We have lost club captain Shaughnessy from the books, Tony Watt, Brian Easton, Blair Alston, Calamity Bell and Aaron Comrie. 

I think that should be able to part finance a quality stiker.  We obviously do need a bigger number of fringe fans attending games.

The next few weeks will determine our direction for the season ahead.  I hope it is a positive one.

10 hours ago, MySpazz said:

Won't cost us other than whatever he negotiates for signing on bonus.

Aberdeen want shot of him because he is a big earner, and likely to sit on the bench with McInnes not fanciing him to do the job for them...........................which begs the question: what will he do for us? I think....not alot!

I bet someone on here that Watt wouldn't score more than 10 league goals and they told me i was daft.

SO, same again: May won't score 10 league goals in a campaign. Happy to bet for charity....

Na I don’t subscribe to that at all. His time at Aberdeen was very stop start and when he was playing, it was often out of position.

If he doesn’t achieve 10 Premier League goals this coming season he will be in very acceptable company. I’m sure most people on here would take Greg Stewart, Ryan Christie, Scott Sinclair, Florian Kamberi, Jermaine Defoe, Mark McNulty. I’ll let you guess what all those guys had in common last season.

Outside of the Old Firm only Sam Cosgrove, David Turnbull, Eamonn Brophy and Steven Naismith score 10+ SPL goals.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Someones started a rumour hours ago May is at Dens, its now grown arms and legs into a rumour hes failed a medical and has signed for Dundee.

Lets just see what tonight brings.

Surely if that was the case the club would have made a announcement, I appreciate the PR is shit but if the deal is off why not immediately say so

1 minute ago, SconeSaintees said:

Surely if that was the case the club would have made a announcement, I appreciate the PR is shit but if the deal is off why not immediately say so

The club aren't saying anything until everythings signed, sealed and delivered, as is their right.

By the sounds of things May has been at McDiarmid since this morning having his medical and negotiating. 

4 minutes ago, SconeSaintees said:

Why would they make an announcement? it's not as if they said he was coming only that he was one of a number of targets.

We would be releasing Sevco level of statements if we sent out a release everytime we didnt sign someone

5 minutes ago, The Kinross Saint said:

Wonder who's sitting in on these negotiations and as things develop, pops their phone out to update their WAP pals

Go back through and check my posts mate, I think you will see I don't generally post that often on here, but when I do it tends to be info that turns out to be fairly accurate.   Now if you are alluding to me revealing who my source is obviously that's not going to happen.