Player contracts and transfers

David123

Just now, RandomGuy said:

@Lt. Col Kojak Slaphead II

Have you got any update on this?

Afraid not, what Templar Saint said above is pretty much what I had heard also (apart from the bit about May being in Wednesday morning) as far as I heard they were a no-show at the stadium on Wednesday. 

The bit about Vine with Goodwin is just purely coincidental I would imagine, can't see anything in that, especially with Vine arriving 15 minutes into the game and leaving 10-15 minutes early.   If they were going to meet to discuss anything surely this would have been done anywhere other than the padded seats of McDiarmid. 

If Bob Thompson is reporting that the deal is completely dead I would suggest that's exactly what the situation is unfortunately. 

21 minutes ago, Lt. Col Kojak Slaphead II said:

Afraid not, what Templar Saint said above is pretty much what I had heard also (apart from the bit about May being in Wednesday morning) as far as I heard they were a no-show at the stadium on Wednesday. 

The bit about Vine with Goodwin is just purely coincidental I would imagine, can't see anything in that, especially with Vine arriving 15 minutes into the game and leaving 10-15 minutes early.   If they were going to meet to discuss anything surely this would have been done anywhere other than the padded seats of McDiarmid. 

If Bob Thompson is reporting that the deal is completely dead I would suggest that's exactly what the situation is unfortunately. 

Any chance its all just Vine trying to get a wee bit extra out Brown and they'll come back to where they were?

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Any chance its all just Vine trying to get a wee bit extra out Brown and they'll come back to where they were?

If Vine is that type of negotiator I would expect it to be well known in football management circles and if so I would not be unhappy if Brown showed him the door.

Just now, south inch said:

If Vine is that type of negotiator I would expect it to be well known in football management circles and if so I would not be unhappy if Brown showed him the door.

I'm sure this exactly what happened with us and Vine, before he then jumped ship to Hibs.

You'd hope May would look at that example and take the hint.

Got to wonder if he would justify being Saints highest paid player ever. He was brilliant first time round but the lustre has come off since then and we're not buying a guaranteed 15-20 goals. If he's holding out for more cash then McD isn't where his heart is and he should follow the money.

1 hour ago, Havana Saint said:

Ask if they have any other strikers we could have.

Ross County signed Irwin who was at Killie last season. Didn't think they would need another striker as they have the guy that dived for the pen on Sunday,McKay & Graham so there are strikers out there. It looks like Saints put all their eggs in Mays basket & we are now scrambled.

Everything is supposition until you hear it from the horses mouth! 

Whatever way you look at it, there is definitely a ‘Charlie Cairoli’ hint about proceedings.  I wouldn’t expect anything less! One thing is for sure though, we as fans have been treated with little or no respect. 

Communication can go a long way in fan/club relations! Personally I feel it’s bad enough that press, SFA  and Refs treat us with contempt without our own club doing it too.

14 minutes ago, supersaintee said:

Got to wonder if he would justify being Saints highest paid player ever. He was brilliant first time round but the lustre has come off since then and we're not buying a guaranteed 15-20 goals. If he's holding out for more cash then McD isn't where his heart is and he should follow the money.

What about a bonus of a grand a goal ;-)

1 hour ago, Templar Saint said:

My understanding from my source prior to last nights game was:

May had passed medical on Tuesday.

SPL had agreed change of players numbers - MOH to 25 May 17 as Saints requested.

Videos done for unveiling

May in Wednesday morning  supposed to sign contract to make him Saints highest earner ever and states he had a higher offer and we needed to match it.

Talks breakdown.

Vine seen at match alongside with Jim Goodwin (could be coincidence).  Do not know if Vine was there to try and revive the May deal or not.

If this is indeed the case, then Steve Brown has done exactly the right thing. “Going the extra mile” for this signing and making him our highest paid player is one thing, but to then to then essentially be extorted by Vine at this late stage is another.

We have seen clubs such as Dundee and Gretna pay high wages to players without the money behind them to back it up, and we all know what happened. 

It appears that we have tried everything we could to sign May but, at some point, the club have to say no, and walk away. 

It does mean, however, that we are still crying out for a striker. Our current crop just are simply not good enough and this means that we now have to move on to other targets as a priority. 

Is there any news regarding the big central defender that was supposed to sign this week ? Is there any news on Zander Clark’s new contract that was supposed to be signed weeks ago ?  

This business has distracted us all from other issues that are in desperate need of addressing 

If the medical has been done & he passed then the deal must have been done. The only thing that should be able to stop or change the deal was if there had been a problem with medical which they say there weren't.

So someone has ratted on the deal & if it was May then will go from hero to zero or villain.

Hope we get our money back for the medical.

I agree Saints need to say something at some point but really wouldn't expect them to come out with anything while this is all potentially still ongoing.

Seems to me that maybe we're all just a little too eager to believe those who claim to be "in the know". Wasn't that long ago we were being told he's definitely off to Dundee as there was no chance of Saints doing a permanent deal. Then we were told he's definitely coming to Saints. Now we're being told the Saints deal's definitely off. I think I might just wait until the guy's actually signed for someone and we know for sure what's going on before chucking a wobbler about him, or his agent, or Steve Brown, or anyone else.

9 minutes ago, Wendy Saints said:

One thing is for sure though, we as fans have been treated with little or no respect. 

Why? What do you want the club to say at this precise point? They've already told us they're trying to sign him. To be honest I was a little surprised they even said that much.

1 minute ago, blueheaven said:

Why? What do you want the club to say at this precise point? They've already told us they're trying to sign him. To be honest I was a little surprised they even said that much.

1 minute ago, blueheaven said:

It’s either off or on or an update? Doesn’t have to be anything grand.. it’s called keeping the customer happy! We are at the end of the day paying customers with our club at heart.

3 minutes ago, SlickDT said:

Hands were shaken on a deal on Tuesday and the club haven't changed the offer.

The deal I heard he had been offered was extremely good for a club of our size.

I'm hopeful this is a bit of a bluffing game from Vine, but Saints shouldn't be held to ransom by ANY player/agent.

Have to agree with you there..