Player contracts and transfers

David123

18 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Apparently our offer, which is the biggest offered in our history, is still on the table.

Its Mays decision if he joins us or not.

If it is, then it would take a few unlikely events for anything to happen. Firstly, May would have to come back (possibly against Vines advice) to Saints to say he wants to sign after all, secondly Brown would have to be willing to restart talks and thirdly, presuming he is speaking to other clubs, their offers would need to be close to or worse that Saints.

Cant see any of that happening. If it was about money, then Vine/May, must assume/know they can get it elsewhere. 

1 minute ago, TheYellowBox said:

If it is, then it would take a few unlikely events for anything to happen. Firstly, May would have to come back (possibly against Vines advice) to Saints to say he wants to sign after all, secondly Brown would have to be willing to restart talks and thirdly, presuming he is speaking to other clubs, their offers would need to be close to or worse that Saints.

Cant see any of that happening. If it was about money, then Vine/May, must assume/know they can get it elsewhere. 

Tommy Wright has confirmed the deal is dead, so it looks like May is chasing the money. Dundee apparently beat our offer on Tuesday night, I'll leave you to figure out how they knew what Saints had agreed with May on Tuesday afternoon.

Best of luck to him.

40 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

That would make it even worse. May could sign today if he wanted to, regardless of Vine. 

Vine doesnt even seem to be a registered agent, so his whole part in this situation is sketchy at best as it is.

You can believe what you want, Brown has thrown huge contracts (for us) at the likes of Swanson and MOH already, and seemingly made Shaughnessy a major offer. He also previously offered May a record contract.

He has his flaws but if he feels it's right he does seem to be willing to push for players in terms of wages.

If that's the case is what he's doing even legal?

Been confirmed we ran with 6 subs on Wednesday because May was expected to be in the squad.

Shows how far along the deal was, and helps highlight how it was the players decision to halt the deal. The club wouldn't have left themselves short if they'd intended to pull out.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Been confirmed we ran with 6 subs on Wednesday because May was expected to be in the squad.

Shows how far along the deal was, and helps highlight how it was the players decision to halt the deal. The club wouldn't have left themselves short if they'd intended to pull out.

Makes it all the more annoying that Vine was there given all that had gone on. Almost like he was there to gloat.

Edited by shiresaint

Whether correct or not if he  is perceived to have welshed on the deal at the last minute to go to Dundee for more money he has destroyed any love for him in Perth. Not quite in the Mo Johnston league but I can't recall a fall from grace for any Saints Player like it. Hero to Zero. 

18 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

That would make it even worse. May could sign today if he wanted to, regardless of Vine. 

Vine doesnt even seem to be a registered agent, so his whole part in this situation is sketchy at best as it is.

You can believe what you want, Brown has thrown huge contracts (for us) at the likes of Swanson and MOH already, and seemingly made Shaughnessy a major offer. He also previously offered May a record contract.

He has his flaws but if he feels it's right he does seem to be willing to push for players in terms of wages.

£1600 a week is throwing a HUGE contract is it? If players of Swanson and O’Halloran calibre come available, they deserve our attention. We are a Premier League, full time, professional football club.

If you think Steve Brown contacted Aberdeen to assess the likelihood of a deal, Stevie May/his agent agreed an exit from Aberdeen in conjunction with what Saints had offered, May sat down with Steve Brown and gave some ballpark figures, he has sat a medical based on those figures, has had further discussions with Steve Brown where a contact was agreed in principal , he has gone away and then rocked up 2 days later saying “Actually I need an extra £500 a week”... wise up!!

Just now, R.B.B:- Adz said:

£1600 a week is throwing a HUGE contract is it? If players of Swanson and O’Halloran calibre come available, they deserve our attention. We are a Premier League, full time, professional football club.

If you think Steve Brown contacted Aberdeen to assess the likelihood of a deal, Stevie May/his agent agreed an exit from Aberdeen in conjunction with what Saints had offered, May sat down with Steve Brown and gave some ballpark figures, he has sat a medical based on those figures, has had further discussions with Steve Brown where a contact was agreed in principal , he has gone away and then rocked up 2 days later saying “Actually I need an extra £500 a week”... wise up!!

Alan Kernaghans wage was over £2.5k a week and May was apparently offered the biggest wage in our history.

Tommy Wright has confirmed the club intended to play him on Wednesday. 

Do you think the club have willingly ran with a reduced squad on Wednesday, pissing of the manager and fans, to try and save some money?

Its fairly obvious its at Mays side that its collapsed, Vine whispering in an opposition managers ear at McDiarmid the same day talks collapse absolutely reeks aswell, btw. He wasn't invited to the game by Saints.

Seems they are putting clubs against each other in some sort of bidding war. 

No doubt the agents spoken to Dundee after a verbal agreement, if what’s rumoured is correct, said Saints are offering this as a deal what you got?

Come back to us wanting more. It’s a business transaction and do we want to be held or pissed around on this? It’s hugely evident, and I’m sure most would agree, if May wanted to be back to restart his career after a shitty period of playing out of position for years at clubs who have been paying him a hell of a lot then he’d be back. 

If he’s after money, stay at Aberdeen, piss your career up the wall. If he’s on even £4K a week at Aberdeen it’s over £500k without bonuses for the two years left. He could be on more. 

I look at players of how well they done over a career not how much they made. 

Deal dead in the water quote tells me the club have told them to bugger off and go elsewhere then if they want the bigger package. 

1 minute ago, St Mikey said:

Deal dead in the water quote tells me the club have told them to bugger off and go elsewhere then if they want the bigger package. 

Problem is its now widely known we've pulled out, and Dundee just signed a striker. Chances are Dundee reduce their offer aswell in a "well what other choice do you have?" situation.

He'll likely slink back to McDiarmid and grovel Brown to offer him the original contract again.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy said:

Alan Kernaghans wage was over £2.5k a week and May was apparently offered the biggest wage in our history.

Do you think the club have willingly ran with a reduced squad on Wednesday, pissing of the manager and fans, to try and save some money?

Its fairly obvious its at Mays side that its collapsed, Vine whispering in an opposition managers ear at McDiarmid the same day talks collapse absolutely reeks aswell, btw. He wasn't invited to the game by Saints.

Not to mention the fact the McMillan who likely would have taken said spot in the squad is alienated further by being sent to play in a Saints XI against Blairgowrie.

It is looking increasingly likely now that we will need to run with him as an attacking option this season.

4 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

I don't want to be disrespectful to you but I think you are confusing our budget with a " Hearts" or "Aberdeen" type pay roll.

Prudence will always be our strategy and it's why we as a wee club constantly compete with the big guns. 

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

He is the epitome of a modern capitalist if that is the case. 

1 minute ago, SaintJet said:

I don't want to be disrespectful to you but I think you are confusing our budget with a " Hearts" or "Aberdeen" type pay roll.

Prudence will always be our strategy and it's why we as a wee club constantly compete with the big guns. 

I'm not particularly convinced by your belief that it is our prudence that allows us to compete with the "big guns" or even that we "constantly" do that. A season here and there finishing above expectation recently has perhaps clouded your memory. 

18 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

You never answered my previous question of if May wanted to come, why did he not sign?

What do you believe happened?

5 minutes ago, chips said:

Twitter... 

In a sensational turnaround our sources are telling us the Stevie May move to St Johnstone is back. Expected to sign a 3 years deal at some point today. #steviemay #stjohnstone #perth

I'm calling bullsh*t on that right now!  check out the guys other tweets...……….  :roll:

19 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Blame Vine, blame Brown, blame May - blame whoever you want.

A deal was/is there to be done. I just simply can’t sit here listening to our fans sucking up utter pish like “Stevie May and Rowan Vine turned up to sign the contract DEMANDING even more money but Steve Brown was breaking world record wages as it was and couldn’t go any higher.” Its fantasy stuff, it really is!

No matter how desirable, logical or evident your belief is, it is still strictly speaking wrong.

8 minutes ago, chips said:

Twitter... 

In a sensational turnaround our sources are telling us the Stevie May move to St Johnstone is back. Expected to sign a 3 years deal at some point today. #steviemay #stjohnstone #perth

From the same twitter account last December...

'The Dons are apparently talking to Hamilton about the availability of Dougie Imrie. Derek McInnes sees Imrie as the man to fill the No. 10 role.'

7 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Blame Vine, blame Brown, blame May - blame whoever you want.

A deal was/is there to be done. I just simply can’t sit here listening to our fans sucking up utter pish like “Stevie May and Rowan Vine turned up to sign the contract DEMANDING even more money but Steve Brown was breaking world record wages as it was and couldn’t go any higher.” Its fantasy stuff, it really is!

No matter how desirable, logical or evident your belief is, it is still strictly speaking wrong.

It's literally exactly what everyone is reporting, and theres trustworthy people on here saying the exact same thing.

I'm struggling as to why you're so resilient to believe it tbh. The manager and club clearly believed the deal was done as they, and TW has said this himself today, had him in the squad for Wednesday. 

What reason do you think it collapsed for? Since you're clearly the only logical one here?