Player contracts and transfers

David123

11 minutes ago, Lt. Col Kojak Slaphead II said:

I'm calling bullsh*t on that right now!  check out the guys other tweets...……….  :roll:

I take it the deal is completely dead as everyones saying?

Pure rumour that Dundee have pulled their offer now, St Mirren only want a loan and Kilmarnock have moved on to Lafferty.

Poor Stevie.

I have no idea how these things work but I presume all the parties round the table must have been looking to get a deal sorted why they were there in the first place. You would imaging there would be some wriggle room in all of their heads on what they were willing to offer or accept.

It doesn't make sense to me that it was all agreed and then at the last minute something was asked for that was a complete deal breaker.

We may never know which is probably how it should be or it could be the case that both parties are still interested and trying to find middle ground away from the spotlight.

What I was thinking, Stevie May is still an Aberdeen player as far as I m aware, he will be in Aberdeen training will he not the first team were away but I would have thought he would still be attending some type of training each day.

Its as if some folk have an image of Stevie May and Vine spending the last few days driving round Scotland looking for a club..

I cant see anything the club have officially said, is it maybe not fairly normal that football transfers take time to be done ?  

14 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Blame Vine, blame Brown, blame May - blame whoever you want.

A deal was/is there to be done. I just simply can’t sit here listening to our fans sucking up utter pish like “Stevie May and Rowan Vine turned up to sign the contract DEMANDING even more money but Steve Brown was breaking world record wages as it was and couldn’t go any higher.” Its fantasy stuff, it really is!

No matter how desirable, logical or evident your belief is, it is still strictly speaking wrong.

Deal was done, May walked away or Tommy is wrong?

The choice is yours.

Edited by garydavidson

31 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Problem is its now widely known we've pulled out, and Dundee just signed a striker. Chances are Dundee reduce their offer aswell in a "well what other choice do you have?" situation.

He'll likely slink back to McDiarmid and grovel Brown to offer him the original contract again.

Do you think there will be a fan backlash if that’s the case and he does join us?

I was happy at his return and my wee lad was delighted to see May in the Saints shirt again. My wee lad has said he’s not happy if he comes back as he should always want to play for his team. 

We seem to be the only club in Scotland who get caught up in all this shite. 

I fear for the start of the season with no goal scorer. 

2 minutes ago, St Mikey said:

Do you think there will be a fan backlash if that’s the case and he does join us?

I was happy at his return and my wee lad was delighted to see May in the Saints shirt again. My wee lad has said he’s not happy if he comes back as he should always want to play for his team. 

We seem to be the only club in Scotland who get caught up in all this shite. 

I was thinking the same thing, the enthusiasm has dimmed a little in me.  It seems like he isn't 'one of our own'.

15 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Blame Vine, blame Brown, blame May - blame whoever you want.

A deal was/is there to be done. I just simply can’t sit here listening to our fans sucking up utter pish like “Stevie May and Rowan Vine turned up to sign the contract DEMANDING even more money but Steve Brown was breaking world record wages as it was and couldn’t go any higher.” Its fantasy stuff, it really is!

No matter how desirable, logical or evident your belief is, it is still strictly speaking wrong.

What makes you think it's fantasy? It sounds perfectly realistic to me. Probably one of the most logical explanations.

4 minutes ago, St Mikey said:

I think he'll get less leeway if he performs poorly than he would've done if he'd signed straight off.

Everyone now knows he's getting a mammoth contract, and everyone now knows hes walked away from joining the club for money. 

I can only speak for myself but I've lost some love for him because of this, if he does join now I'm not even convinced I'll be as excited as I would've been, I just want this whole thing finished regardless.

1 minute ago, St Mikey said:

May is not a goal scorer anymore.5 years ago maybe.why do you think Aberdeen want rid.

aye we require a goal scorer .may is not the answer though .

he likely end up at Salford or some Lower league English club with cash tae splash.

hopefully he bankrupts Dundee.

1 minute ago, slf said:

May is not a goal scorer anymore.5 years ago maybe.why do you think Aberdeen want rid.

aye we require a goal scorer .may is not the answer though .

he likely end up at Salford or some Lower league English club with cash tae splash.

hopefully he bankrupts Dundee.

Don’t want him back anymore.he had his chance.

19 minutes ago, Lt. Col Kojak Slaphead II said:

I'm calling bullsh*t on that right now!  check out the guys other tweets...……….  :roll:

Ach I know... dunno if I'm just holding on to false hope or wanting Saints to issue an official statement explaining what's happened. Either way I wish this "saga" gets finished today and puts an end to it. 

1 minute ago, The Real Saints said:

I can only assume that Adz believes it to be Steve Brown's fault. Our chairman, having already agreed a deal with May and Vine, suddenly decided to change his mind and back out of the agreement. But May and/or Vine wanting more money? Nahhhh, that's fantasy stuff.

Its a bizarre stance.

40 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

You never answered my previous question of if May wanted to come, why did he not sign?

What do you believe happened?

You do not undergo a medical with a football club unless the likelihood is that you will sign for them. You are all but certain if you put yourself forward for such testing. Deadline day is a different story where medicals happen in brief, but at this stage of a transfer window, it would be rigorous.

Your whole medical history is laid bare for the doctor, physio, fitness coach, manager chairman. Every doctors, hospital, physio, surgical, dental appointment that you have ever attended is there for our medical staff to report to the manager and chairman.

Then you’ve got blood tests, urine tests, cardiac monitoring and scans, VO2 test, body fat percentages. Vision, hearing, dental checks.

Given May’s previous injuries, detailed and in-depth musculoskeletol and Isokinetic testing and deep scanning. Which can be pretty uncomfortable and not something that anyone would take likely.

Anyway, if you want to believe the pish that is being peddled about May rocking up demanding an extra few grand then I don’t blame you, after all, ignorance is bliss. 

1 hour ago, shiresaint said:

Not to mention the fact the McMillan who likely would have taken said spot in the squad is alienated further by being sent to play in a Saints XI against Blairgowrie.

It is looking increasingly likely now that we will need to run with him as an attacking option this season.

I think we will play with one striker and 2 attacking wingers. The striker will be Kane or Hendry until we get someone in. 

Now got two weeks to get a decent striker, as realistically will only go one up top at Celtic next week, the real business starts on the 10th and anything from celtic would be a bonus, but need to move on, a surely we must be a bigger draw than the midden, accies or playing in the championship for some rich yanks plaything.