Player contracts and transfers

David123

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Aberdeen fan suggesting May will sign for Dundee this afternoon.

All these suggestions have gone well this week, going with all the shite written another pile of pure fabrication. But suppose not many places left for him left to whore his services around!

Edited by crieffsaintandy

28 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

You do not undergo a medical with a football club unless the likelihood is that you will sign for them. You are all but certain if you put yourself forward for such testing. Deadline day is a different story where medicals happen in brief, but at this stage of a transfer window, it would be rigorous.

Your whole medical history is laid bare for the doctor, physio, fitness coach, manager chairman. Every doctors, hospital, physio, surgical, dental appointment that you have ever attended is there for our medical staff to report to the manager and chairman.

Then you’ve got blood tests, urine tests, cardiac monitoring and scans, VO2 test, body fat percentages. Vision, hearing, dental checks.

Given May’s previous injuries, detailed and in-depth musculoskeletol and Isokinetic testing and deep scanning. Which can be pretty uncomfortable and not something that anyone would take likely.

Anyway, if you want to believe the pish that is being peddled about May rocking up demanding an extra few grand then I don’t blame you, after all, ignorance is bliss. 

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Untitled.thumb.png.47c0ff18d1886fb29c09dcf5d8bf1fd5.png

Direct quotes from Tommy above saying May passed the medical. Where does that leave you?

Edited by garydavidson

3 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

Direct quotes from Tommy above saying May passed the medical. Where does that leave you?

Are you alright? I didn’t say anything about May failing a medical.

Listen carefully... you do not put yourself forward to undergo a medical at a football club unless you are more than willing/ready to sign on the dotted line.

The process of a medical is one that is not massively desirable for players and Stevie May would not have put himself through one if his desire wasn’t to sign for St.Johnstone.

1 minute ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Listen carefully... you do not put yourself forward to undergo a medical at a football club unless you are more than willing/ready to sign on the dotted line.

The process of a medical is one that is not massively desirable for players and Stevie May would not have put himself through one if his desire wasn’t to sign for St.Johnstone.

I don't think anyone is denying that his desire to sign for St Johnstone wasn't there. Is it inconceivable however to think that his desire to earn more coin wasn't greater?

2 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

I am fine thanks.

Your argument was he wouldn't undergo a medical if terms weren't far from agreed.  You have confirmation that he passed a medical from the manager.

Where is the next point in your opinion of what happened now we know he got passed the medical. Do you not see this all lining up with what a few informed posters have already mentioned? 

1 minute ago, garydavidson said:

I am fine thanks.

Your argument was he wouldn't undergo a medical if terms weren't far from agreed.  You have confirmation that he passed a medical from the manager.

Where is the next point in your opinion of what happened now we know he got passed the medical. Do you not see this all lining up with what a few informed posters have already mentioned? 

Out of interest who do you think informed these posters?

The truth will come out.

21 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Aberdeen fan suggesting May will sign for Dundee this afternoon.

Same guy says Vine was the issue. Dundee offered him a fee and hes went to Saints to ask for similar.

That doesn't add up for me. Why would May make a crucial career decision based on whether or not Vine is receiving an extra fee (would such a fee even be legal?). Vine can advise him all he likes but May's the one who had to make the decision.

6 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

That doesn't add up for me. Why would May make a crucial career decision based on whether or not Vine is receiving an extra fee (would such a fee even be legal?). Vine can advise him all he likes but May's the one who had to make the decision.

I don't know, ITK folk on here saying it was Mays wages that was the issue, I was merely throwing another rumour out there.

I don't think Vine is allowed to be paid no, unless a club thinks they can fiddle things to hide the fact they've done it. Wonder what sort of club would try that?

So May was provisionally pencilled in for being on the bench for the Brechin game.  McMillan was sent to Blairgowrie.

Wright claims he got a phone call explaining the deal is off at 1500 on the Wednesday.  Wright says he was not given the reasons for it's collapse (aye right).

Rowan Vine is in attendance for the Brechin game that evening from 1945.

No post match interview from Tommy on Wednesday, who claims today that he knew that the deal was off some 7 hours earlier.

Confirmation deal was dead today....

"I smell something fishy....and I'm not talking about the contents of Baldrick's apple crumble."

1 minute ago, Havana Saint said:

So May was provisionally pencilled in for being on the bench for the Brechin game.  McMillan was sent to Blairgowrie.

Wright claims he got a phone call explaining the deal is off at 1500 on the Wednesday.  Wright says he was not given the reasons for it's collapse (aye right).

Rowan Vine is in attendance for the Brechin game that evening from 1945.

No post match interview from Tommy on Wednesday, who claims today that he knew that the deal was off some 7 hours earlier.

Confirmation deal was dead today....

"I smell something fishy....and I'm not talking about the contents of Baldrick's apple crumble."

Vine wasn't invited to the game on Wednesday. Arrived late, sat with the crowd then left early.

Between the medical being passed and the contract being signed something has changed.

I struggle to believe it involves a fee for Vine as if that's all it was surely they would come to some arrangement.

I m also struggling to believe its to do with money as Aberdeen will be paying more on his current contract then either Saints or Dundee offering so if only interested in money then he d sit tight.

Whole load of things it could be and I m guessing, he passed a medical, could the medical have thrown something up that Saints wanted to put a condition in that Stevie had to play a certain number of games in season one before the 2nd and 3rd year went in place ?

Have Aberdeen changed how much they were giving Stevie to leave his current contract, I presume he wouldn't leave for nowt.

Whole load of reasons the deal could have been off with all parties involved walking away with heads held high, there doesn't necessarily have to be a good guy and a bad guy in this.   

It’s not irrelevant Wright needs to tell the fans why we have every right to know why ...Absolute shambles in communication and PR so disappointed with this deal where’s the ****in defender slow passes as always we’re definetlh going to be one of the bottom 3 hence our dwindling support 

29 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Out of interest who do you think informed these posters?

The truth will come out.

Not got the foggiest but a few of them have been very accurate over the years.  They must know people who are involved at the club, don't listen to Steve Brown, it takes more than just him and Tommy to run the place so plenty of sources.

From the information provided and the words from Tommy I am quite confident Steve Brown has done the right thing here.  If May wanted to be here, he would be here.

Edited by garydavidson

Lets move on from May. It's sad that he has not chosen us but money talks and we have our ceiling. Frankly I was bit MEH about him coming back and my biggest issue is we have lost valuable time when we should have been looking at other targets.

I'm still hopeful TW will have someone in the frame by next weekend.