Player contracts and transfers

David123

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49128074

However, regardless of his arrival, Wright feels he is still short of defensive cover and hopes to sign a left-back "in the next five to seven days".

He added: "We've a couple of defenders coming on trial with us next week and hopefully by the end of next week we will make another signing."

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Can Madis play up front?

ive been trawling this site this morning.

Tommy, if your reading which I know your not, a few decent guys here. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler/vertragslosespieler/statistik/1/plus//galerie/0?ausrichtung=Sturm&spielerposition_id=14&land_id=alle&altersklasse=&wettbewerb_id=alle&seit=alle&yt0=Show

Pie in the sky but Dennis Eckert looks like a good shout.

Or Nicolas Reneiro.

budget is there if it were a FIFA game

14 minutes ago, rik2304 said:

Clark will be away then:laugh:

That's the worry. He must have given indications that he was happy with what he was offered before Tommy went public. Is his agent telling him not to sign yet or are saints not getting full truths. I'm no expert, but given he must be talking to Tommy every day, youd think the club would be constantly asking what's happening.

As an aside, seems a few of our players are signed up with utter cnuts like Vine and McNamara. Would love it if Zander asked the wee rat up and then sacked him in the tunnel. 

Seems saints are having a 'mare of a week. At least the Defender seems keen and what we need. 

Edited by TheYellowBox

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Would you try and sell him this window for money, or keep him and lose him for nothing next Summer?

Ideally I'd like Saints to make the most of any sellable asset but I don't think the management needs the distraction of looking for another keeper as well as a decent striker.

So I'd keep and run the risk of him leaving for free.

2 hours ago, Cagey said:

Tommy said he received a call at 15.00 on Wednesday to say deal was dead & to look elsewhere. Now May/Vine wouldn't say that so it must have been Brown.

Only way I would welcome May back now is if he does sack Vine & apologise to Tommy.

Would imagine Brown phoned Tommy as soon as...

Wouldn't expect the call to be made from May/Vine.!

59 minutes ago, The Kinross Saint said:

If Zander has any ambitions of playing for Scotland he needs to leave us, that's the sad truth, I think we should enjoy him this season and accept it will more than likely be his last.

He would need to go to a top English Championship team and their places are all taken. He best chance is staying with us

TW Interview on Saints TV talks about May

• He personally didn't speak to May until Tuesday night
  • Was led to believe the deal was done
  • Medical was done and completed
  • TW says he informed the club on Tuesday night everything was fine and good to go
  • May was in the starting line up for Wednesay
  • TW got a phonecall Wednesday afternoon telling him the "deal was dead and to look for another striker"
  • TW doesn't know, and "isnt interested", in why the deal fell through
  • Says the reason for the collapse has "happened before and will happen again"

Just a run down for those who dont have it

Not surprised Tommy picked up the big Estonian lad in person.  Must have cheered him no end to get someone who actually wants to come to Saints.  Not just Tommy either.  Welcome Madis, hope you enjoy Perth.

Tommy says he is in the market for a left back also.  Well there is a reasonable prospect at Celtic who has been unsettled by transfer talk - Tierney I think his name is.  

(Just thought you'd like a wee laugh Tommy after the week you've had!!)

A Scottish couple arrived in our town this morning on a sailboat on their way round the Northwest Passage, I was talking to the boy he said to me did you hear about Stevie May. I said whit he told me its been all over the ships radio Broon wanted Tommy to chip in wie some money of his own if he wanted him that bad deals of !! honest !! :wink:

4 minutes ago, john.w said:

A Scottish couple arrived in our town this morning on a sailboat on their way round the Northwest Passage, I was talking to the boy he said to me did you hear about Stevie May. I said whit he told me its been all over the ships radio Broon wanted Tommy to chip in wie some money of his own if he wanted him that bad deals of !! honest !! :wink:

Was the dude Steven May in disguise ?

no one has seen or heard of him for several days.

3 hours ago, Strawman said:

Between the medical being passed and the contract being signed something has changed.

I struggle to believe it involves a fee for Vine as if that's all it was surely they would come to some arrangement.

I m also struggling to believe its to do with money as Aberdeen will be paying more on his current contract then either Saints or Dundee offering so if only interested in money then he d sit tight.

Whole load of things it could be and I m guessing, he passed a medical, could the medical have thrown something up that Saints wanted to put a condition in that Stevie had to play a certain number of games in season one before the 2nd and 3rd year went in place ?

Have Aberdeen changed how much they were giving Stevie to leave his current contract, I presume he wouldn't leave for nowt.

Whole load of reasons the deal could have been off with all parties involved walking away with heads held high, there doesn't necessarily have to be a good guy and a bad guy in this.   

With 2 Aberdeen Directors today SM got no cash they mutually agreed to terminate his contract end of he has been paid upto the end of the month and that's it