Player contracts and transfers

David123

3 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Absolutely - I'm actually pretty flabbergasted that Tommy thinks we'd believe he doesn't know the reason why the deal collapsed. Tommy's a legend but when it comes to the stuff he tells the media he's clearly a gigantic bullsh*tter.

Don't think TW is b@llshitting on this one. He's taking a thinly veiled swipe at Vine & agents in general. Vine is the reason May isn't coming. TW most likely has to watch what he publicly says about him as he'll have a few players on his books.

27 minutes ago, andrew said:

Stop thinking TRS. His potential may be diminishing. Great player first time at St Mirren. He’s not our 15 goal striker. I’m not so sure Mr May is either.

13 goals for Hearts just two seasons ago.. 28 years old, at his peak.. You know it makes sense, Andrew. Jump on board the Isma train with me.

TW: "It was a moment when you felt the blood had almost been sucked out of you because it was so disappointing. I'm sure the fans will be sharing that disappointment.Saints have moved on to speaking to new targets after the collapse of the deal for Stevie May, with boss Tommy Wright confirming there is money available for a striker.

The biggest losers are Stevie and myself. I didn't speak to him during the process because I knew he wanted to come back. The bottom line is I haven't got a striker I wanted and Stevie hasn't got the club he wanted. Tommy Wright still feels he needs cover at left back but admits any movement will be dependent on players going out. The manager has reiterated that striker David McMillan has been told to find himself a new club.

Been a strange week but looks like we're moving on ... Vine is still a cock though !  

2 hours ago, chips said:

TW: "It was a moment when you felt the blood had almost been sucked out of you because it was so disappointing. I'm sure the fans will be sharing that disappointment.Saints have moved on to speaking to new targets after the collapse of the deal for Stevie May, with boss Tommy Wright confirming there is money available for a striker.

The biggest losers are Stevie and myself. I didn't speak to him during the process because I knew he wanted to come back. The bottom line is I haven't got a striker I wanted and Stevie hasn't got the club he wanted. Tommy Wright still feels he needs cover at left back but admits any movement will be dependent on players going out. The manager has reiterated that striker David McMillan has been told to find himself a new club.

Been a strange week but looks like we're moving on ... Vine is still a cock though !  

Tommy pointing the finger at Vine is what we all thought.

Just read Jim Spence's article in the courier, virtual blames Mays side not concluding the deal,a week's a long time in football I wouldn't bet on this deal being over, wherever may goes to st Johnstone was the first choice, Tommy play's the media well, 

News from a NHS Tayside employee yesterday has said that, it May not be the best move for Steve! The hysteria being shown on social Media (Especially one poster on WAP??) has Steve thinking he May not be able to carry the burden at Saints.

Looks like he Shat the bed when he read WAP on Tuesday night!   

Jim Spence... 

Stevie May’s on-off transfer to St Johnstone highlights the issue of how vexatious the movement of players can be in football.

May’s deal with Saints was all agreed with the medical passed, wages agreed, training kit sorted, and his old squad number allocated, but it fell after an abortive attempt to introduce new conditions.

Often deals will stall over things like relocation expenses, or length of contract, but they are usually negotiable with each party conceding a bit of ground.

Knowing the Saints chairman Steve Brown, I suspect his no-nonsense negotiating style baulked at the attempted introduction of the late clauses to a deal he thought he was sealed. Then it was all bets off.

Football players are sensible to have a good agent who knows the game and their client’s value in it, but occasionally they over indulge their demands, and then they do a disservice to the player.

Players have to be in charge of their agents not the other way around. If a player is relatively satisfied with a deal on offer, he needs to be strong enough to tell his representative that.

No-one gets everything they want in any deal and football is no exception to that rule.

May looked a good fit for his old club where he started his career and played his best football.

It was a calculated gamble for Saints, given May’s form in recent times hasn’t exactly set the heather on fire, and a gamble which sadly won’t now pay out.

15 hours ago, Linky said:

So, if we are moving on from this whole saga and Cummings is not being looked at (Tommy said he looked at him in January but isn't interested now - presumably money was the issue), who else is around?

Kyle Lafferty? Kris Boyd out of retirement? Are there other names on the list or are we back to square 1 looking at trialists from English Conference?

Could the new Estonian defender suggest a few names from his home country? Erik Sorga is 19, and has scored a goal every game so far this season in the Estonian Premier League.

Will Grigg would be nearer than Lafferty I would think, he was kind of Lafferty's stand in at NI, we only deal in cast offs and stand ins never the main player;) 

23 minutes ago, chips said:

Jim Spence... 

Stevie May’s on-off transfer to St Johnstone highlights the issue of how vexatious the movement of players can be in football.

May’s deal with Saints was all agreed with the medical passed, wages agreed, training kit sorted, and his old squad number allocated, but it fell after an abortive attempt to introduce new conditions.

Often deals will stall over things like relocation expenses, or length of contract, but they are usually negotiable with each party conceding a bit of ground.

Knowing the Saints chairman Steve Brown, I suspect his no-nonsense negotiating style baulked at the attempted introduction of the late clauses to a deal he thought he was sealed. Then it was all bets off.

Football players are sensible to have a good agent who knows the game and their client’s value in it, but occasionally they over indulge their demands, and then they do a disservice to the player.

Players have to be in charge of their agents not the other way around. If a player is relatively satisfied with a deal on offer, he needs to be strong enough to tell his representative that.

No-one gets everything they want in any deal and football is no exception to that rule.

May looked a good fit for his old club where he started his career and played his best football.

It was a calculated gamble for Saints, given May’s form in recent times hasn’t exactly set the heather on fire, and a gamble which sadly won’t now pay out.

If Vine is the issue, then deal isnt dead. May just has to bollock up and it can still be saved.

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

If Vine is the issue, then deal isnt dead. May just has to bollock up and it can still be saved.

Agent is the problem he is not welcome  and hasn't  been for a while at Pittodrie according to the Aberdeen directors I was with yesterday. Apparently he is a bit of a "dickhead"

4 minutes ago, Center Half said:

Wonder what number MOH will have on today? Also there was a bit of a mix up with the substitution I think when MOH cane off on Wednesday night and they had to change it? What number was MOH on Wednesday I canny remember 17???  

MOH will be 17.

They put McMillans number (16) up when trying to sub MOH off.

Jim Spence...

@courier_dundee

Both parties, Chairman and Agent should have another sit down and get this fixed. Manager wants the player...I think the player wants to be back where he played his best football....compromise is the key in football as in life.

Would this be worth pursuing again ??

Spending so much time chasing May might actually compromise any other potential targets. 

31 minutes ago, Center Half said:

Okay so we can assume then if MOH is still 17 then that was shit he had been reregistered him with SFA under a new number??

Just guessing off the articles going about, but it sounds like all the paperwork was sitting there and the moment the final signature was done it would be sent.

There probably still sitting there just waiting on someone pressing "send"

The missing link here is nobody is saying what the "new conditions" were that ended the negotiations late on Tuesday.  Jim Spence might know but does not have permission to reveal them.  Despite what he says Tommy will know along with Brown, May and Vine.

One obvious possibility for the silence is that there is indeed a chance that the deal can be brought back to life.  May's side are keeping quiet in case a so called better deal from elsewhere proves a disappointment.  Brown, who is surely an experience negotiator, will know that May was keen enough to sign and so will stick to his guns.

On 7/25/2019 at 4:21 PM, only1sammiller said:

They were sat right next to me and to be honest, Goodwin looked soundly hacked off with him chirping in his ear. He wasn't biting.

IMG_6116.jpg

Vine, Jim deal with Saints has fallen through. You can have him for same deal plus £20k for me.

Goodwin, Feck off you snake.

On the subject of Vine - I'm guessing he's far from being an experienced agent and May is very possibly the only player he represents? Up until last season he was still a player (but doesn't seem to have a club this season?) and if you go on the SFA and FA websites you can look up every player representative used for every transfer and new contract negotiation over the last few years - Vine's name never appears.

You can also see on there that May's agent was Dean Baker when he signed for Aberdeen. And, interestingly, Saints paid less money to agents than any other Scottish Premiership club in the last year.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-fa/football-governance/registrations/

Feels a lot like Vine has weaseled his way into this purely on the basis that he and May are mates, and he's royally screwed up the negotiation. Let's face it: even a cursory glance at Vine's CV would suggest he's not a man to be taking career advice from. Since leaving Saints in 2013 he's switched teams more than 10 times!