Player contracts and transfers

David123

I'd like us to at least be asking about Lafferty even though I expect he's beyond our budget.

I think we also need another central midfielder, and think Gael Bigirimana would be a good option.

If any left back is simply going to be back up for Tanser, can't we just get a young player on loan from the OF? Minimum wages.

If Anderson goes out, I'm not sure whether he needs replacing, or whether having Duffy as 4th choice is enough.

2 hours ago, Saint Paul said:

Moving on from the Stevie May saga, are there any rumours coming out as to who these "other targets" could be ?  Having a look on transfermarket.com, there are a number of strikers currently available on free transfers.  Whilst there are some that are obviously beyond our means, there are a few interesting names currently available, and I suspect that there will be more added to this list on 1st August.  Any people ITK that have heard anything ?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/transfers/vertragslosespieler/statistik?ausrichtung=Sturm&spielerposition_id=14&land_id=alle&wettbewerb_id=alle&seit=2019&altersklasse=&plus=1

Had a look at the list more foreigners than British and few training with clubs therefore missed pre season.

Look at Omar Bogle; spent the second half of last season on loan at Portsmouth (div 1) from Cardiff. He scored 5 in 12 games. He is into the last year of his contract maybe we should be looking to take someone like him on loan.

3 hours ago, Saint Paul said:

Moving on from the Stevie May saga, are there any rumours coming out as to who these "other targets" could be ?  Having a look on transfermarket.com, there are a number of strikers currently available on free transfers.  Whilst there are some that are obviously beyond our means, there are a few interesting names currently available, and I suspect that there will be more added to this list on 1st August.  Any people ITK that have heard anything ?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/transfers/vertragslosespieler/statistik?ausrichtung=Sturm&spielerposition_id=14&land_id=alle&wettbewerb_id=alle&seit=2019&altersklasse=&plus=1

Balotelli would enjoy That Bar and the Ice Factory.

3 hours ago, Johnny B said:

Had a look at the list more foreigners than British and few training with clubs therefore missed pre season.

Look at Omar Bogle; spent the second half of last season on loan at Portsmouth (div 1) from Cardiff. He scored 5 in 12 games. He is into the last year of his contract maybe we should be looking to take someone like him on loan.

That's exactly the type we should be going for imo. Wonder if Matty knows him to put a word in?

21 minutes ago, belfastsaintee said:

Seems weird the May deal is dead but no real talk of him going elsewhere. Surely to god he doesn’t want to play in Dundee !! I’m sure we will see him sign !

Was thinking the same. It is nearly a week now. If it was another team offering more money, youd assume he'd have signed for them by now.

Nothing Saints have said makes you think the deal has any potential of still happening, but I do wonder if there is still a bit of an open door there.

2 hours ago, belfastsaintee said:

Seems weird the May deal is dead but no real talk of him going elsewhere. Surely to god he doesn’t want to play in Dundee !! I’m sure we will see him sign !

One way of looking at it was said to me yesterday by a Celtic fan "He has an appalling goalscoring record....why would a team sign him?"

11 hours ago, Saint Paul said:

Daryl Murphy?

Michael O’Connor?

Jason Cummings?

Kyle Lafferty?

Lee Erwin?

Will Keane...

9 hours ago, TheYellowBox said:

Was thinking the same. It is nearly a week now. If it was another team offering more money, youd assume he'd have signed for them by now.

Nothing Saints have said makes you think the deal has any potential of still happening, but I do wonder if there is still a bit of an open door there.

There was nothing about Shaughnessy for about six months after talks with us collapsed.

It's dead, hes not joining.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy said:

There was nothing about Shaughnessy for about six months after talks with us collapsed.

It's dead, hes not joining.

That is you got every angle covered now Random we have gone fomr deffinately joining Dundee, Joining us will sign tomorrow to Deffinately not coming it's finaihed. Whatever happens you will be able to say TOLD YOU SO :laugh:

9 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Daryl Murphy?

Michael O’Connor?

Jason Cummings?

Kyle Lafferty?

Lee Erwin?

Will Keane...

Erwin signed for Ross County. I think Tommy said he had asked about Cummings in the January transfer window, but isn't looking at him anymore (presumably for financial reasons). Maybe, he is asking about him again after the May fiasco.

The fact that Lafferty hasn't signed for anyone yet is good news I think, I would hope that we are in contact with his agent. Whilst we can't offer a large wage, we can offer first team football for pretty much the rest of his career.

13 hours ago, belfastsaintee said:

Don't think we will see him at Dundee anytime soon, I had an interesting conversation with somebody behind the scenes at Dundee on Monday who confirmed they had made a very good offer to May (before they signed Danny Johnson) but and I quote 'his agent was making some ridiculous demands' so as far as we are concerned that deal is dead.   They are happy with Danny Johnson and have moved on. 

Tomorrow the 1st August is moving/signing day for all the greedy bastards that wanted a month longer of their large pay.

It could be worth ( £100,000/£150,000) to some of these English championship players who are out of contract and wont sign for another club until they get their extra month pay Steve Naismith for example!

Steve May I think will hold out until the last day of the transfer window 1st September? until he gets a move could be worth (£10,000) to him in wage difference.

1 hour ago, Lt. Col Kojak Slaphead II said:

Don't think we will see him at Dundee anytime soon, I had an interesting conversation with somebody behind the scenes at Dundee on Monday who confirmed they had made a very good offer to May (before they signed Danny Johnson) but and I quote 'his agent was making some ridiculous demands' so as far as we are concerned that deal is dead.   They are happy with Danny Johnson and have moved on. 

You appear to know quite a few people. I’m intrigued :)