Player contracts and transfers

David123

6 minutes ago, Bruno Strasser said:

On a more sane level - not heard anymore about Joe. Southend played him in friendly versus Millwall but they have not followed up on it. Not aware of any other interest. If there is a last minute signing he might be the one.

I think that this is one deal that won't happen, unless Kerr is sold.  I think that the signing of the Estonian lad has covered this position, and with Gordon coming back from injury, along with Ando and Duffy also as cover, the centre of defence is pretty well covered.  We still need cover for left back though.

54 minutes ago, Bruno Strasser said:

On a more sane level - not heard anymore about Joe. Southend played him in friendly versus Millwall but they have not followed up on it. Not aware of any other interest. If there is a last minute signing he might be the one.

I like how you say 'on a more sane level', before describing a scenario which is far more unlikely. Thanks for that.

2 hours ago, Havana Saint said:

He never wasnt training with them. He just wasnt involved in the European trip/game.

More telling from Del's comment is about other managers 'still' wanting him. That implies it is clubs who were interest before, which given signings at Utd and St Mirren means Dundee and us. If Dundee gave him a very good offer, yet he hasn't signed for them, then I doubt he will. Also interesting, as is said elsewhere, he recognises that May himself is gutted.

Back to the same position, we want him, aberdeen want him to leave and the player wants to come here. It's not rocket science, just needs someone to swallow their pride and make the first move. 

Edited by TheYellowBox

1 hour ago, TheYellowBox said:

He never wasnt training with them. He just wasnt involved in the European trip/game.

More telling from Del's comment is about other managers 'still' wanting him. That implies it is clubs who were interest before, which given signings at Utd and St Mirren means Dundee and us. If Dundee gave him a very good offer, yet he hasn't signed for them, then I doubt he will. Also interesting, as is said elsewhere, he recognises that May himself is gutted.

Back to the same position, we want him, aberdeen want him to leave and the player wants to come here. It's not rocket science, just needs someone to swallow their pride and make the first move. 

But who will tho doubt broon will 

17 hours ago, St Mikey said:

Missing the point. 

Irrespective Sinclair has gone on loan.

We have 4 registered keepers in our squad and on 3 strikers. 

But if you want it that way we have as many keepers as strikers all of which ain’t going to score us goals. 

We need outfield players with a bit more urgency. 

I am not missing the point at all you patronising C**t  yes we need a striker and we needed a keeper as we only have two it's not rocket science lad 

Edited by Lang Toon Saintee

8 hours ago, TheYellowBox said:

Think Dundee ruled out since signing Danny Johnson 

9 hours ago, TheYellowBox said:

We don't want him, that's kinda the problem. 

48 minutes ago, andy rhodes fancy watch said:

We don't want him, that's kinda the problem. 

Problem?  Seems clear to me.   Glad we are not signing anyone on a 3 year deal.  Suicidal.  We dont need to sign May, he's a legend but not a saviour... we should see if he's available on loan like it first started out, see how he does for 6 months.. then ponder a permanent move

8 hours ago, Dave H said:

Problem?  Seems clear to me.   Glad we are not signing anyone on a 3 year deal.  Suicidal.  We dont need to sign May, he's a legend but not a saviour... we should see if he's available on loan like it first started out, see how he does for 6 months.. then ponder a permanent move

Hearts gave Naismith a 4 year deal & he is a bigger & older crock than May.

Having said that I agree with you.