Player contracts and transfers

David123

17 minutes ago, bankfoot saint said:

Hopefully this deal for May moves quickly, last thing we need is this rumbling on till Thursday or Friday get it done fast and at least one more in before the  livi game please 

Agreed. Chat by ITK guy on P&B was hopefully two signings this week, maybe three.

15 minutes ago, bankfoot saint said:

Anyone else think we have a chance of May and Hemmings starting against livi 

Not convinced we can afford both.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy said:

Agreed. Chat by ITK guy on P&B was hopefully two signings this week, maybe three.

Not convinced we can afford both.

Can we afford not to get both ?? Or at least May and someone else, don’t think we’ll go down yet but if we don’t invest in the club players like Kennedy coming to the end of contracts this season won’t stay and next year we will be in trouble 

36 minutes ago, Havana Saint said:

Paper talk.

How many goals has May scored since he left Saints ?.

Anyone thinking he is the answer to our problems are living in hope. If he can't score for teams that create chances then I don't know how he ,or anyone is going to score 10 for us. 10 Tommy's new target as I think he realises 15 not realistic.

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

John Sutton scored 34 goals in the two seasons before he joined us.

Not sure of your point. I didn't want or rate Sutton when he signed & was proved right. He is still scoring for Morton though.

Myles Storie signed for Caley so another of your targets gone :razz:.

1 minute ago, saintgscot said:

Bit of a long shot and probably just chucking names in here but would the guy at cove Rangers not be worth a look. 44 games 39 goals last season prob half against Fort William. But he scores 2 again yesterday.

The boy with 44 goals in 215 games in the SPFL?

Or are we using the Highland League as a barometer of a top flight striker now?

Signing May would be a big lift to the club, it would do more good than signing a better striker (if that makes sense). Fans would come back because of the name. Kane Hemmings may or may not be better, but May would get the fans excited.

After what happened, and the fact that he hasn't signed for anyone else, will we be offering reduced terms?

Midfielder needed too I think. Gael Bigirimana please. Or Olly Lee from Hearts.

14 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

How many goals did Lawrence Shankland score in the 5 months before he joined Dundee United :cool:

I think hes now scored more for United than he did for Ayr in that period.

John Sutton has scored more for Morton this season than he managed in a season with us.

Footballs weird. Players just fit sometimes, so writing off May based on his career at Aberdeen seems rash. 

Just now, RandomGuy said:

John Sutton has scored more for Morton this season than he managed in a season with us.

Footballs weird. Players just fit sometimes, so writing off May based on his career at Aberdeen seems rash. 

That’s exactly why I’m almost ambivalent about May. We have no idea what will really happen. (Much like Brexit or Scottish independence, everyone has an opinion but nobody knows for sure.) Might be a great signing, might not. Only one way to find out. If he signs, I’ll support him. If he doesn’t then we’d better find someone else.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

I agree, Aberdeen never played May in a position that got the best out of him there style of play with a big target man and May playing off that IMO doesn't suit his style of play. I think he will be a really positive signing for us and I am in the camp to give him the benefit of doubt  he certainly can't be any worse than what we currently have.

I'd be happy with May but it is a big calculated risk. Would love if we can let a couple go I.e McMillan away and hendry on loan and get a hemmings type.

A confident CM that can create and I would be less edgy. The defence scares me but I think there is enough there that they can improve enough to keep us safe.

Just wondering with the May deal if a deal was agreed with a previous 'representative' and it falls through does there then there needs to be a cooling off period before another deal can be tabled. I.e to protect against agents doing the work then being let go and the player then signing the deal on the previous agents work?

3 minutes ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

I'd be happy with May but it is a big calculated risk. Would love if we can let a couple go I.e McMillan away and hendry on loan and get a hemmings type.

A confident CM that can create and I would be less edgy. The defence scares me but I think there is enough there that they can improve enough to keep us safe.

Just wondering with the May deal if a deal was agreed with a previous 'representative' and it falls through does there then there needs to be a cooling off period before another deal can be tabled. I.e to protect against agents doing the work then being let go and the player then signing the deal on the previous agents work?

Not if the representative isn't actually an agent.

Hypothetically speaking, if the representative overplayed his hand with a couple of clubs and now has a bad reputation amongst players, clubs and other agents, has he blown his chance? If so, would he still try and scupper any deal or play ball to try and redeem his reputation?

As an aside, if May did sign (still doubtful he will), could he still get the 17 shirt if O'Halleron has worn it in a league game? 

5 minutes ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

The player will have a contract with the agent, drawn-up in accordance with some pretty strict FIFA guidelines. I don’t think a player could easily do that. I thought the point about Vine was that he isn’t an agent, just “a friend helping out”, so possibly not covered by the rules (although a court might take a different view of that).