Player contracts and transfers

David123

6 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Brilliant!!!

Get pumped off Forfar, Montrose and 7-0 off Celtic but we are too good for Stevie May.

Unfashionable St.Johnstone Football Club + “city of” Perth + low wages + no chance of silverware + playing in front of 3000 fans... Mmmmm very appealing for your average 15+ a season striker. Not! 

Yep, and let's not forget that Tommy has been trying to find that striker for around six years, without managing it - it's not just something that's new for this summer. So yeah, I can't imagine there's a huge number of available, reliable, on-form, non-gamble, guaranteed-goal-scoring strikers who we have a list of, should the May signing not happen. I have my doubts that even May would be a gettable target were it not for his emotional connection with the club and the manager.

9 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Why would McInnes allow him to stay at home?

He is a first team player and both May and McInnes have a responsibility to use him as such until he has signed on the dotted line and the paperwork is completed.

Why would he fill his bench with an untested youngster when he has May.

Where I have questioned that?

1 minute ago, Johnny B said:

Omar Bogle is still available on loan, he spent the second half of last season on loan at Portsmouth (div 1) from Cardiff. He scored 5 in 12 games. He is into the last year of his contract maybe we should be looking to take him on loan.

I dont want to sound harsh, but Bogle played and scored for Cardiff in the Championship less than a week ago, theres absolutely zero ****ing chance hes close to realistic.

Lunchtime Wednesday. TW highlighted the need for players, a couple of speculative players names put out there with no progress. 

I wish our window shut the same time is the EPL. 

I’d expected a positive signing to have happened before now. It’s what, two weeks, since the May saga and absolutely heehaw from McDiarmid. 

Biggest bit of excitement has been not getting car parking passes out and now the game for this weekend doesn’t appear online to buy tickets. 

No idea what they are doing do they. 

I think Mays not coming, Hemmings is too much in salary and we will end up with another journeyman like Watt who is good for 7/8 games then takes the huff. 

No sign of even another loan signing. 

Bet Livvy are shitting themselves for the weekend. 

I fully understand why our home crowd is poor, this must be one of the most uninspiring pre/early seasons, coupled with a despairing transfer window, we will all be in the main stand soon.  Feel free to point the blame at whoever you like.

12 minutes ago, GMac said:

I fully understand why our home crowd is poor, this must be one of the most uninspiring pre/early seasons, coupled with a despairing transfer window, we will all be in the main stand soon.  Feel free to point the blame at whoever you like.

I was thinking this during the Brechin/County home games, seems depressingly inevitable the way things are going. 

2 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Yep, and let's not forget that Tommy has been trying to find that striker for around six years, without managing it - it's not just something that's new for this summer. So yeah, I can't imagine there's a huge number of available, reliable, on-form, non-gamble, guaranteed-goal-scoring strikers who we have a list of, should the May signing not happen. I have my doubts that even May would be a gettable target were it not for his emotional connection with the club and the manager.

100% agree, and if we were to bring in May on 3 years, and it works. We likely have him for that full 3 years, maybe longer.