Player contracts and transfers

David123

38 minutes ago, saintgscot said:

I know he won’t just go telling g everyone but bumped into Roddy he says hopefully a signing this week obviously not said who but hopefully he is right and we get someone in 

There’s that word hopefully again, we should get it on the club crest 

1 minute ago, lossiesaint said:

Could it be possible May is holding out for Aberdeen's Europa League exit before making a move? Much the same as he did when with us?

Or he’s hanging off til the end of the window. Wouldn’t you if you were on £4k a week or whatever and you were likely earning half that in your next job?

3 hours ago, saintgscot said:

I know he won’t just go telling g everyone but bumped into Roddy he says hopefully a signing this week obviously not said who but hopefully he is right and we get someone in 

I think we are all hopefull of a signing this week. Roddy couldn't say anything else.

3 hours ago, garydavidson said:

Isn't that pinned to youth development anyway? Never sure if that is a rumour or not.

Yes, but clubs then divert what the would have spent on youth development into the general budget.

The loss of the CL money for saints should not be a factor as I would hope the club never rely on it. Celtic will be weakened which should be good for the league.

If we do end up signing a player on loan from Rangers or Celtic, it would have to like Aberdeen did with Christie, an 18 month loan with an option to terminate, otherwise it is totally pointless unless they are a wonderkid.

I fully expect that by the close of the window, we will have brought in a loan striker no one has ever heard of and another Fallon/Iwelumo/Faulkner type player.

I think an issue though might be an inability to shift out some of the existing players. I wonder if the 2 year deals given to Anderson, Callighan and McMillan might make SB think again about giving more than 1 year deals.

Edited by TheYellowBox