Player contracts and transfers

David123

54 minutes ago, dublin saint said:

Hopefully journalists putting 2&2 together & making 6.

If true stinks of desperation as natives are getting restless so throw them some raw meat.

Guest ScottMann

Reading between the lines, I think we were always going to bring in one striker on a permanent deal and another on loan. Think May will still be the former so we're looking at loan options as Hemmings didn't work out.

His strike rate (goals per game) is worse than Hendrys and only slightly better than Kanes.

12 goals in 60 games for Hibs.

Would be worth a gamble but not in our current situation.

If @ScottMann is right and it's one of two forward signings then fine enough, but I cant see us running with four forwards. Kane isnt leaving and is it worth getting rid of Hendry who, at the moment, is our only vaguely reliable striker who can get goals.

Everything pointing to Adam Morgan levels of desperation at the moment. Really, really hope Tommy has something unexpected up his sleeve, but the activity of previous transfer windows would indicate that it seems unlikely. Is there really no semi-prolific striker playing in a league somewhere in the world who would jump at an opportunity to play in the UK? Do we not even bring these sorts of guys in on trial any more?

Just a thought but if it's getting to the stage where we're looking at taking Hibs kids on loan, would we not be just as well giving McMillan another chance? Is he really all that bad? I only saw him a few times but he looked OK, and Tommy spent ages trying to bring him here. I really have to wonder, if he's now considered such a bad player that he can't even get a chance in our current striker predicament, why did we sign him in the first place?

Probably just adding to the desperation here but Reise Allassani is in the last year of his contract at Coventry City and hasn't been getting anywhere near the first team for them. He's only really produced the goods at non-league level but I've seen him play quite a lot and would say he's potentially worth a look? https://thecelticbhoys.com/2018/01/12/celtic-rangers-allassani/

5 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Everything pointing to Adam Morgan levels of desperation at the moment. Really, really hope Tommy has something unexpected up his sleeve, but the activity of previous transfer windows would indicate that it seems unlikely. Is there really no semi-prolific striker playing in a league somewhere in the world who would jump at an opportunity to play in the UK? Do we not even bring these sorts of guys in on trial any more?

Just a thought but if it's getting to the stage where we're looking at taking Hibs kids on loan, would we not be just as well giving McMillan another chance? Is he really all that bad? I only saw him a few times but he looked OK, and Tommy spent ages trying to bring him here. I really have to wonder, if he's now considered such a bad player that he can't even get a chance in our current striker predicament, why did we sign him in the first place?

Probably just adding to the desperation here but Reise Alassani is in the last year of his contract at Coventry City and hasn't been getting anywhere near the first team for them. He's only really produced the goods at non-league level but I've seen him play quite a lot and would say he's potentially worth a look? https://thecelticbhoys.com/2018/01/12/celtic-rangers-allassani/

Adam Morgan had a goal every two games average in a higher division...

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Adam Morgan had a goal every two games average in a higher division...

Not quite sure which part of my post that's a response to - are you comparing Morgan to Allassani? If so I'd say Allassani is the far better player (and goalscorer) based on what I've seen of them both (which I'll accept with Morgan wasn't a huge number of games, but when I did see him he was absolutely rotten).

Just now, slf said:

Nothing wrong with the strikers we got.

decent creative midfield players to create some decent chances for them is required.

fuk looking for a forward .

Aye and ban long balls ,punt up the  park.

ban the head tennis.

keep ball on ground and learn to pass.

28 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

His strike rate (goals per game) is worse than Hendrys and only slightly better than Kanes.

12 goals in 60 games for Hibs.

Would be worth a gamble but not in our current situation.

If @ScottMann is right and it's one of two forward signings then fine enough, but I cant see us running with four forwards. Kane isnt leaving and is it worth getting rid of Hendry who, at the moment, is our only vaguely reliable striker who can get goals.

Since 2014 Stevie  May has scored 15 and played 112 that's not even 8 goals in 60 games. That too is worse than Hendry's and Kane's

Just now, Johnny B said:

Since 2014 Stevie  May has scored 15 and played 112 that's not even 8 goals in 60 games. That too is worse than Hendry's and Kane's

Exactly he is turd.might be quicker if he shed the hair and got a skinhead as he would lose about 2 stone.

scruffy ucker 

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

May has a 20 goal season at this level in the bank.

His overall top flight record is 1 in 4.

Do you think he has a 20 goal season left in him I do not. Or do think, he is as good as his goal average? So if he is as good as his average he will score 9 goals in a 36 game league season. Will that be good enough? 

41 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

Do you think he has a 20 goal season left in him I do not. Or do think, he is as good as his goal average? So if he is as good as his average he will score 9 goals in a 36 game league season. Will that be good enough? 

If he scored 9 in the league then he'd have scored more than all our strikers combined last season.