Player contracts and transfers

David123

3 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

YES BUT OLI SHAW WOULD BE A LOAN, POTENTIALLY FOR SIX MONTHS, WHILE MAY WOULD BE A THREE YEAR CONTRACT.

CAN YOU SEE WHY I HEAVILY PREFER MAY OVER SHAW YET?

No need to shout. Your question was "name a striker we can sign for free that has that pedigree" I named one. 

56 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

We'd be loaning Shaw, and be in this exact situation 6/12 months down the line.

That's my point. 

One of the articles I saw (BBC I think), seemed to suggest that he was looking for first team football permanently, but with an initial loan. The other, Edinburgh Evening News, suggested he was going to looking to get a run of games somewhere else to then break into the Hibs first team.

If it is the first possibility,then potentially a great signing. If the second, then we should be looking elsewhere.

12 minutes ago, Linky said:

One of the articles I saw (BBC I think), seemed to suggest that he was looking for first team football permanently, but with an initial loan. The other, Edinburgh Evening News, suggested he was going to looking to get a run of games somewhere else to then break into the Hibs first team.

If it is the first possibility,then potentially a great signing. If the second, then we should be looking elsewhere.

Hes contracted until 2021, and I doubt Hibs will let him go for free, especially if hes performing well enough that we'd try to sign him.

Didnt manage to secure a new striker before the start of the league then this week would have been ideal as we have a free week. Gives them time to settle in but still nothing. Looking more and more like we will be playing Kane on his own up front until Christmas with Hendry off the bench.

58 minutes ago, Rob said:

Didnt manage to secure a new striker before the start of the league then this week would have been ideal as we have a free week. Gives them time to settle in but still nothing. Looking more and more like we will be playing Kane on his own up front until Christmas with Hendry off the bench.

Yas...I'd pay good money to watch that!

22 hours ago, essexsaint said:

..... Even though I have said that in my last comment I can't help thinking saints will pull out a suprise signing none of us were expecting. It's all very quiet at the moment. 

Given that a lot of us have despaired expecting any signings, anything would be a surprise.

So it’s 3 1/2 weeks on from our last signing attempt. 

Complete shambles since and no sign of anyone coming in. 

Has Brown told Tommy that money is not available with him pissing it away with poor previous signings and loan signings. 

Plenty players have come in and barely played. Chased Scougall, signed him then barely played him to free him. Chased McMillan and he can’t get on the bench when we are struggling. Nydam amd Goss on loan. All money thrown away with very little impact or value to the cause. 

Panic signings will come in soon enough. 

30 minutes ago, St Mikey said:

So it’s 3 1/2 weeks on from our last signing attempt. 

Complete shambles since and no sign of anyone coming in. 

Has Brown told Tommy that money is not available with him pissing it away with poor previous signings and loan signings. 

Plenty players have come in and barely played. Chased Scougall, signed him then barely played him to free him. Chased McMillan and he can’t get on the bench when we are struggling. Nydam amd Goss on loan. All money thrown away with very little impact or value to the cause. 

Panic signings will come in soon enough. 

I think you could add loads to that.

All this time on & not many 'regulars' from Tommy's signings playing. Cuptie & Fraz would still be with us if fit. Wish he had kept Midge

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

I think you could add loads to that.

All this time on & not many 'regulars' from Tommy's signings playing. Cuptie & Fraz would still be with us if fit. Wish he had kept Midge

Dave Mackay is 38, and Frazer Wright is 39. Are you genuinely suggesting they could still be regulars for us?

No idea how Millar is doing at Morton to comment on that, but I wish he'd been kept around, even just to pass on what he knows.

FWIW we have a new signing rumour today. Ewan Henderson, a 19yo CM with 4 appearances for Celtic, being linked on loan. Only be a Celtic fan though, I'd add.

I hope we don’t sign players on loan from clubs in our league. Pointless exercise as give it 6 or 12 months we are back in the same position trying to fill those places. 

After all the shitty performances and turmoil with signings from the manager and board the next signing needs to be a “Wow” player. 

Brown says we are lucky to have a team in Perth, he’s lucky folk still turn up. Keep your customers happy then more will come, the product at McD just now is rank rotten. 

TW surely has links in England if we are to look at loans but Saints aren’t exactly an attractive option for most. 

Hibs up next who largely struggled today but doubt we will have anyone in, think we need another 4. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Dave Mackay is 38, and Frazer Wright is 39. Are you genuinely suggesting they could still be regulars for us?

No idea how Millar is doing at Morton to comment on that, but I wish he'd been kept around, even just to pass on what he knows.

FWIW we have a new signing rumour today. Ewan Henderson, a 19yo CM with 4 appearances for Celtic, being linked on loan. Only be a Celtic fan though, I'd add.

No I was meaning with Tommy's reliance on the old guard he would play them if he could.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Tipped for big things. Appears to be a good prospect. Would certainly not say no 

12 hours ago, Cagey said:

Had a look, he plays the number 10 role. We need someone to link the midfield to the wingers and striker. However is this young boy good enough for for the Primer league this season. If we do not get a striker it is an option.

12 hours ago, Cagey said:

No I was meaning with Tommy's reliance on the old guard he would play them if he could.

Like he still plays Anderson and Craig?

Mannus was replaced by Clark, Ando by Kerr, Craig was behind McCann in the pecking order on Saturday. 

This "old guard" myth is bizarre when literally nothing points to it.

41 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Like he still plays Anderson and Craig?

Mannus was replaced by Clark, Ando by Kerr, Craig was behind McCann in the pecking order on Saturday. 

This "old guard" myth is bizarre when literally nothing points to it.

Ando is still there & was in the team this season before being replaced by a useless ginge. Craig has been made vice captain so would imagine he is very much in Tommy's plan.

Anyway the subject was the thought that Tommy has spunked a lot of money on players that haven't contributed.