Player contracts and transfers

David123

3 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Just to hopefully end the rumour once and for all.

Kilmarnock, who pay higher wages than us, "couldn't get near" Laffertys wage demands this Summer.

Lafferty does not say that in his article. He says they could not agree on anything. Could have meant the style of play, the surface, the frequency or commitment to play him. 

4 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Just to hopefully end the rumour once and for all.

Kilmarnock, who pay higher wages than us, "couldn't get near" Laffertys wage demands this Summer.

Maybe we couldn’t meet his wage demands but do we not pay well with bonuses you never know unless you are in discussions.

1 hour ago, mainstand said:

Lafferty does not say that in his article. He says they could not agree on anything. Could have meant the style of play, the surface, the frequency or commitment to play him. 

I would imagine the deal we offered Stevie May initially would be more than what Kilmarnock would have offered Lafferty.

If that kind of money is still available then I can see it being enough to lure the likes of Cummings or Lafferty. Especially if some decent performance based bonuses are included that incentivise the move for the player and reward the club. 

17 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

Like most players of this era it will be all about the money. This will be his last contract and he will be looking for at least 2 years.

The fact that he/his agent have said their preferred option is Scotland then that would rule out the lucrative contracts in the likes of China, USA etc 

1 hour ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

The fact that he/his agent have said their preferred option is Scotland then that would rule out the lucrative contracts in the likes of China, USA etc 

I do not think he good enough to get a contract in China or USA. I believe Swanson to USA was paper talk because he is not up that standard either

19 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

I do not think he good enough to get a contract in China or USA. I believe Swanson to USA was paper talk because he is not up that standard either

It didn't come from the papers, it was stated by his lawyer in court as part of his sentence mitigation plea. 

Don't know the specifics but I guess it could have been something like 'a conviction for violent conduct could prevent Mr Swanson playing professional football in countries such as the United States'. 

1 minute ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

It didn't come from the papers, it was stated by his lawyer in court as part of his sentence mitigation plea. 

Don't know the specifics but I guess it could have been something like 'a conviction for violent conduct could prevent Mr Swanson playing professional football in countries such as the United States'. 

Me thinks the lawyer was trying to soften the end result!

20 hours ago, Rob said:

If Lafferty is looking to stay in Scotland, where would he go? 

I imagine he will be hoping Hearts (if they're gullible enough) will take him back... until AN IBROX club decides he's playing too well for Hearts again and is therefore a danger to themselves. At which point they wave the cheque book.

54 minutes ago, rik2304 said:

We've had a LOAN bid for May rejected:oops:

Bonkers. When May eventually signs, no one will give a $hit. 

What a shambles, makes me laugh. Can we afford him, if not move on.  Wait a minute, can we sign him but loan him to Aberdeen so he can get match fit.  Thats surely what happens next, some storyline this saga is.

Edited by Dave H

6 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

We also apparently cant afford to loan Oli Shaw...

1 hour ago, weesainty said:

Worrying times ahead 

So Hins manager says there are numerous clubs and no deal is going to be made until they get a replacement. ONe hack Scott Burns says that finances stall a deal and now suddenly its worrying times and we cant afford him. 

I would rather believe the Hibs manager stating that the player is going nowhere at present.