Player contracts and transfers

David123

1 hour ago, Johnny B said:

Good word, I had to look it up. The meaning to save others doing the same

"a situation that has been comprehensively mismanaged, characterised by a string of blunders and miscalculations."

Great word and a very accurate description of 'the management'.  Really pissed off.

4 hours ago, mainstand said:

So Hins manager says there are numerous clubs and no deal is going to be made until they get a replacement. ONe hack Scott Burns says that finances stall a deal and now suddenly its worrying times and we cant afford him. 

I would rather believe the Hibs manager stating that the player is going nowhere at present. 

Glass still half full Mainstand. I think you and our new poster are the only fans with any faith left.

1 hour ago, Priorlandsaint said:

Instead of all the negative comments and constant moans, how about waiting until the transfer window closes to see who we have signed.

We have been waiting all summer & all we have is 2 backup keepers ,a discarded Celtic youth & a useless centre back and an omnishambles.

Difficult to keep the faith.

1 hour ago, Priorlandsaint said:

Instead of all the negative comments and constant moans, how about waiting until the transfer window closes to see who we have signed.

Sorry, Tommy, you're right.

I'm hoping the reason we can't afford to loan Shaw is that there are 2 striking targets in mind. One is a cheap loan target as second striker (Hemmings, Shaw, etc.) the other is a large contract expensive signing (e.g. May). Negotiations are going on for both at the same time.

7 minutes ago, Linky said:

Sorry, Tommy, you're right.

I'm hoping the reason we can't afford to loan Shaw is that there are 2 striking targets in mind. One is a cheap loan target as second striker (Hemmings, Shaw, etc.) the other is a large contract expensive signing (e.g. May). Negotiations are going on for both at the same time.

Why have we just tried to sign May on loan then?

Edited by RandomGuy

2 hours ago, Cagey said:

Glass still half full Mainstand. I think you and our new poster are the only fans with any faith left.

no just as anxious as everyone else but I am not going to get all doom and gloomy about a post from a single reporter. 

As for the Stevie May on loan story it is possible that saints are trying to use that to their advantage by saying to the player look if you want out of there there is a contract here, we cannot match the present wage and if you want to play you have to sign it, otherwise Aberdeen are going to keep you in the stand.

9 hours ago, Priorlandsaint said:

Why? We're already out a cup and the last window shut 7 months ago, they've had plenty time to sort out deals. Its now been a month since the club agreed a deal with May, since then hes ****ed about and ruined it, come back and said he'd take it, and the clubs responded by putting in a reduced offer and now a loan offer.

A loan offer one month after being told Aberdeen want him gone and will let him go for nothing, we put in a loan offer.

Just a week after we lost out on Hemmings, who wanted to leave his club and was allowed to leave for nothing, because we put in a loan offer.

Its amateur, and pulling something out the bag (most likely we'll now finally return to the initial offer for May) doesn't excuse the absolute ****ing mess they've made over this.