Player contracts and transfers

David123

Tommy said “So when we add to the squad – which will happen – then I’ll be happy with what we’ve got.” “The chairman knows who we want and he’s working hard to make it happen.”

Looks like it will happen but when? Maybe the chairman is working hard on his holiday to make it happen. Can I suggest it will be someone out of contract as I cannot see anything happening before the window closes. Unless I am doing the chairman an injustice and he has already made it happen and we are waiting on an announcement today or Monday

19 hours ago, sasha said:

That’s why the manager put him up against the wall when he said he was leaving to go to America? Wasn’t good enough?

For Fk sake it’s hard getting banned from this useless shite forum.

Don’t need to get banned, just pick up your toys, put them back in the pram and leave!!

Really disappointed that in the 2 weeks since our last game, we have not signed the striker we so desperately need. This has been a position that was identified as being a must before the end of last season, yet we are into the third league game of the season without this position filled with any decent quality. 

This summer has been the most underwhelming transfer window for a long time but I don’t understand why we are having to wait till the last hours of the window to make a signing that every man and they’re dog could see that we were crying out for. Even pre-season should have made the alarm bells ring. We are over a month since the Stevie May saga but are still in the same position. 

The club should have moved on to other targets rather than hanging about until the end of the window and see who we can pick up. 

Poor from the club. 

21 minutes ago, mainstand said:

Your thinking too much again Random. :rolleyes:

Maybe. 

We're almost 3 months since TW claimed our shortlist this Summer was a GK, LB and striker. He claimed he'd expect to see a LB before we returned from the tour of NI, and that a CB would only be needed if we lost one.

Since then we've signed a GK most people have probably forgotten, and a CB he claimed we didn't need.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

TW didn't sound very happy when he was talking about it.

Why deadline day though? I mean, what makes deadline day the day we're going to sign someone rather than next Tuesday or January? Is it that clubs become desperate to get these players off the wage bill? Or those we have in mind are waiting until then to see if a better offer comes through? Or have we got signings lined up but we're saving money by not actually announcing it until deadline day?

14 hours ago, Saint Paul said:

The club should have moved on to other targets rather than hanging about until the end of the window and see who we can pick up. 

Poor from the club. 

The loan signings being talked about are deals where we couldn't dream of paying the players full wages, the loaning clubs are well within their rights to hang off to see if other clubs will. Pretty shite situation for Saints but that's the price we pay for trying for better players than we have. The Stevie May situation is a bit different, if a few players we don't want, pissed off, then that would be done quick smart. All boils down to us being a piddly wee club and Tommy already spunking the budget.