Player contracts and transfers

David123

51 minutes ago, mainstand said:

If he is off to Killie that quick then I Suspect that he has not been stupid but very clever. 

Remember he is a psychology graduate and very clever.

A cynical part of me wondered if he'd manipulated the situation to work a way out of the club.  It just seemed far too quick for Killie to have been mentioned.

Also, he had the season still on his contract, I don't think simply taking a strop in training or telling the manager to **** off is enough to be sacked, so it sounds as if it's a mutual termination of the deal. And would you agree to that if you didn't have another club lined up?

Who knows?  There might well be nothing in the killie rumours. 

1 hour ago, garydavidson said:

The Swanson incident wasn't very clever though. 

Both of them were on a final, written warning were they not? Saints will have no choice other than to fire Foster if the rumours are true, otherwise the disciplinary system as a whole would be severely undermined. He may be being given a chance to leave for another club before the bullet is fired - employers generally prefer it that way. All speculation on my part, of course.

Foster is a decent player and has contributed well to Saints in the last few years, but if he has over stepped the mark, then club would be better rid of him. A player with his experience, should be setting an example. 

I think we loose on the pitch by not having him, but maybe, it might be good for the growth of Kerr. I'm sure as captain, Tommy will have involved him somewhere in this, which while personally difficult for Kerr, would help his personal development. Also one less competing voice on the pitch.

I see Duffy being a bit like Tanser was. A bit raw and not as competent initially as the player he is replacing, but can definitely grow into a fine full back.

23 minutes ago, TheYellowBox said:

Foster is a decent player and has contributed well to Saints in the last few years, but if he has over stepped the mark, then club would be better rid of him. A player with his experience, should be setting an example. 

I think we loose on the pitch by not having him, but maybe, it might be good for the growth of Kerr. I'm sure as captain, Tommy will have involved him somewhere in this, which while personally difficult for Kerr, would help his personal development. Also one less competing voice on the pitch.

I see Duffy being a bit like Tanser was. A bit raw and not as competent initially as the player he is replacing, but can definitely grow into a fine full back.

Agree with that re' Kerr & Duffy. Foster a better defender than Duffy but with him playing for Celtic reserves he probably didn't have to do much defending. Hopefully he is the answer as I would be surprised if we bring in more than a striker. We are short of back up full backs though.

1 hour ago, TheYellowBox said:

Not sure someone can grow into or train hard to become fast/have pace.

He is painfully slow which is my only concern.

3 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Not sure someone can grow into or train hard to become fast/have pace.

He is painfully slow which is my only concern.

Give him a race, We can do it as half time entertainment. 

Think you might be surprised just how fast he is, compared to Foster and if it is just pace this is his problem the fitness coach will be able to work on that. 

BBC

Richard Foster is unlikely to play for St Johnstone again after a training ground incident between the full-back and manager Tommy Wright.

The 34-year-old has not trained with the first team since the disagreement happened on 17 August.

Foster has played five times so far this season, and joined the Perth club in August 2016.

During his three-year spell, the former Aberdeen and Rangers player has made 112 appearances.

St Johnstone currently sit on two points in the Scottish Premiership after three games having been knocked out of the League Cup.

BBC Scotland has approached St Johnstone for comment.

23 minutes ago, saintgscot said:

Tell u what we looking for a striker at just a quick look and yes I know it only queen of the south and yes I know it’s reserves but John Robertson with a second half hat trick get him in first team.

Knew there would be at least one person on here saying that :laugh:

He had to come off injured in the 89th minute. We went down to ten men as he couldn't continue and we had no more subs.

42 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

BBC Scotland has approached St Johnstone for comment.

Well here''s a thing BBC. When you dare approach Ibrox/SFA for the occasional comment on all the controversial and duplicitous goings on over the last 8 plus years then, and only then should you expect other clubs to furnish you with the occasional snippets of information.

Don't tell them Saints

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

No idea how reliable they are tbh.

Saw it as well wee bit confused that they are waiting till Wednesday to start talking, does Brown get back from his holiday on Tuesday night, is he still thinking of ways to screw Stevie out of more money or as someone said earlier in this thread is he hoping to unveil a star striker to the season ticket holders on Thursday night 

I have it on good authority that Stevie May is to take up a new player/chief executive role and will announce himself as a new signing.  This is thought to be a first for Scottish football but is a well proven practice in other sports such as ice hockey, polo and powerboat racing.  Saints have been keen to keep this under wraps for fear of other clubs copying this new model and it seems the shenanigans of the past few weeks have in fact been a well planned and executed smokescreen.  If this turns out to be accurate, Saints may have played a blinder.  

Exciting times!

On 8/18/2019 at 10:30 AM, Johnny B said:

Sunday Mail "Released by Rangers striker Kyle Laffery confirms he has knocked back a deal from Kilmarnock but says staying in Scotland remains a priority in his search for a club."  

On BBC Website

As he signs for Sapsborg, bottom of the league in Norway.