Player contracts and transfers

David123

Tommy’s email I have highlighted a bit about transfers this week.  Wonder what it means?

Dear Neil,

It was another great away day at Easter Road on Saturday and another late goal for the travelling fans to celebrate. I think we were more than good value for the point and actually deserved to win the game based on our performance overall.

To go away from home and dominate possession and create more chances than the opposition was really pleasing. Once again we showed great character to keep going right to the end after twice going behind. Of course there are things we can do better but I was really pleased with the performances of all my players. 

It's set down a marker now and I want to see the players build on that and continue to improve. I know what they are capable of and the squad should take confidence from the weekend's performance.

The backing from the away supporters at Easter Road was first class and it definitely helped the players on the pitch. We need to bring that performance back home against Kilmarnock on Saturday and hopefully the fans will do the same and get behind us right from the first whistle.

I'd also like to address the reports in the press over the past few days regarding Richard Foster. There was an incident in training which has been reported to the Club and the matter is being dealt with internally. In an ideal world these things don't get out but with the way social media is these days it can happen.

Once the matter is resolved I'm sure there will be an official statement from the Club but until then I won't be commenting on it further.

We're in the final week of the transfer window and hopefully it's going to be a busy one. I know there has been frustration about the lack of signings but we haven't been idle. We've been working hard all summer and the Chairman and I continue to do so.

I fully expect there to be some movement this week to add to our already strong squad as we look to build on the progress that we made last season.

Thank you all for your continued support - see you on Saturday!

Best wishes,

Tommy Wright
St. Johnstone Manager

8 minutes ago, Cagerf said:

Tommy’s email I have highlighted a bit about transfers this week.  Wonder what it means?

Dear Neil,

It was another great away day at Easter Road on Saturday and another late goal for the travelling fans to celebrate. I think we were more than good value for the point and actually deserved to win the game based on our performance overall.

To go away from home and dominate possession and create more chances than the opposition was really pleasing. Once again we showed great character to keep going right to the end after twice going behind. Of course there are things we can do better but I was really pleased with the performances of all my players. 

It's set down a marker now and I want to see the players build on that and continue to improve. I know what they are capable of and the squad should take confidence from the weekend's performance.

The backing from the away supporters at Easter Road was first class and it definitely helped the players on the pitch. We need to bring that performance back home against Kilmarnock on Saturday and hopefully the fans will do the same and get behind us right from the first whistle.

I'd also like to address the reports in the press over the past few days regarding Richard Foster. There was an incident in training which has been reported to the Club and the matter is being dealt with internally. In an ideal world these things don't get out but with the way social media is these days it can happen.

Once the matter is resolved I'm sure there will be an official statement from the Club but until then I won't be commenting on it further.

We're in the final week of the transfer window and hopefully it's going to be a busy one. I know there has been frustration about the lack of signings but we haven't been idle. We've been working hard all summer and the Chairman and I continue to do so.

I fully expect there to be some movement this week to add to our already strong squad as we look to build on the progress that we made last season.

Thank you all for your continued support - see you on Saturday!

Best wishes,

Tommy Wright
St. Johnstone Manager

Basically saying Foster case with HR. That will be Broonrer then.

People keep talking about Naismith. I can't see why he'd join us, considering he's a regular at Peterborough Utd. , their Vice-Captain, and be on a wage we couldn't compete with.

There are one or two right-backs without a club at the moment who might be of interest:

Alan Hutton, Adam Matthews, Paul Caddis...

Not denying that we need a couple of new players in but one of the biggest problems we have had going back to last season is a lack of confidence. As fans we can help with that, cheer the boys on. We've not signed our star striker but we've still scored 4 in 2. Far from the doom and gloom we maybe expected. 

3 hours ago, Linky said:

People keep talking about Naismith. I can't see why he'd join us, considering he's a regular at Peterborough Utd. , their Vice-Captain, and be on a wage we couldn't compete with.

There are one or two right-backs without a club at the moment who might be of interest:

Alan Hutton, Adam Matthews, Paul Caddis...

I'd guess Caddis is the only affordable one there, the other two will have been earning over £10k a week. 

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

I'd guess Caddis is the only affordable one there, the other two will have been earning over £10k a week. 

Very much depends on what they've got on the table just now though doesn't it. Someone or something is only worth what people are willing to pay for it. I'm surprised Hutton hasn't got something lined up already- he was still well liked by the Villa fans and although very much at the end of his career I reckon someone in the lower English leagues would get a good season out of him.

40 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

True, but depending on family ties and concern about going the whole season without a club, it’s always possible for players to decide to take a big wage cut at this stage.

If I’m honest, given the time we take to sort deals, I’m expecting May, Holt on loan and that’s it.

22 minutes ago, Saint Paul said:

I thought that Bulletproof was only at McDiarmid on a Tuesday and a Friday.  Why are people expecting signings out with these days ?  No rumours of potential signings at McDiarmid yesterday, so I am not expecting any further news until Friday.

He could sign off on deals on those days, the player could then come in the following day for photos etc..

Edited by The Kinross Saint

1 hour ago, Saint Paul said:

I thought that Bulletproof was only at McDiarmid on a Tuesday and a Friday.  Why are people expecting signings out with these days ?  No rumours of potential signings at McDiarmid yesterday, so I am not expecting any further news until Friday.

No sign of May when I was at McD earlier today.