Player contracts and transfers

David123

Just 'cos he is contracted to Celtic until 2022 doesn't mean he might be available before that. I'd be very surprised if he has a long-term future at Celtic given the money they have to get a better quality alternative.

Would have preferred someone in permanently rather than a loan, but given Foster only left last week I can understand why we have gone down this route.

1 hour ago, Templar Saint said:

Mark O'Hara Peterborough is interesting Kilmarnock and Motherwell..........probably outwith our kind of money but the type of midfielder we need.

O'Hara was on loan at Lincoln City for the latter part of last season and was impressive in a holding/attacking midfield role. Made a sterling contribution towards getting the Imps top spot in Div2.

Agree entirely with your last sentence. 

We were crying out for flair players a couple of years ago and we now have them in abundance. 

Think back to when we had Zorro strutting his stuff, he could change a game, now we have loads of game influencers. 

I worry about our defence, would like to see an older head in the CB positions, but not sure that's on the list. 

Holt would be more than welcome, that would be a major boost. 

Still crap up front, Stevie will make a huge difference as long as he stays fit, any injuries to stevie and we are desperately short up top. Kane not good enough at this level and he has more than enough chances so time to move him on. Matty could be stevie partner but that just leaves hendry as back up. 

Think shopping list is still left back, CB, holt and another striker. 

Kane, ando and mcmillan can all leave. 

Bookies now installed us at 4,500 to 1 to win the league along with Hamilton, County and St Mirren. Could be 4.5 million to one as its just not going to happen, much changed for the worse compared to 3/4 years back where we were up along side hearts in the betting. 

I felt quite optimistic for the season before the killie game but the reality is there's an imbalance in the team and I just hope Brown is working his socks off to make this better. 

2 minutes ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

We were crying out for flair players a couple of years ago and we now have them in abundance. 

Think back to when we had Zorro strutting his stuff, he could change a game, now we have loads of game influencers. 

I worry about our defence, would like to see an older head in the CB positions, but not sure that's on the list. 

Holt would be more than welcome, that would be a major boost. 

Still crap up front, Stevie will make a huge difference as long as he stays fit, any injuries to stevie and we are desperately short up top. Kane not good enough at this level and he has more than enough chances so time to move him on. Matty could be stevie partner but that just leaves hendry as back up. 

Think shopping list is still left back, CB, holt and another striker. 

Kane, ando and mcmillan can all leave. 

Bookies now installed us at 4,500 to 1 to win the league along with Hamilton, County and St Mirren. Could be 4.5 million to one as its just not going to happen, much changed for the worse compared to 3/4 years back where we were up along side hearts in the betting. 

I felt quite optimistic for the season before the killie game but the reality is there's an imbalance in the team and I just hope Brown is working his socks off to make this better. 

Brown on saints TV apparently hoping at least another 1 to come in today, possibly 2 and possibly 2 going out. 

Tw did not expect the foster situation and Duffy was clearly back up . He’s not ready to start as clearly seen by the last 2 games.

so he has a few days to find a rib and folk r moaning that we have brought in a guy that Celtic trusted in a champions league game against PSG !!!

ralston is obviously an improvement on Duffy 

1 hour ago, Linky said:

Kirk Broadfoot on 1 year deal please. Can play right back and cover centre back. Won't be looking for a high wage I imagine. Experienced player to help the young back four.

Never thought I would see the day a Saints fan wanted Broadfoot. A fair indictment on the summer transfer business.

39 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

Never thought I would see the day a Saints fan wanted Broadfoot. A fair indictment on the summer transfer business.

Never thought I would say it either, but we’re in desperate times. An experienced defender is needed.

I would think the left back to be signed after the window is either Booth or Taylor-Sinclair.