Player contracts and transfers

David123

Good to see we signed players over night. Our window now looks good, better late than never. We have to get them game time. They have had very little of it this season May (30mins) Wright (11 Mins) Holt (0 mins), Ralston (0 mins) and Vilmann (too many mins). A couple of bounce games over the next couple of weeks should have them ready for the Sheep.

50 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

Good to see we signed players over night. Our window now looks good, better late than never. We have to get them game time. They have had very little of it this season May (30mins) Wright (11 Mins) Holt (0 mins), Ralston (0 mins) and Vilmann (too many mins). A couple of bounce games over the next couple of weeks should have them ready for the Sheep.

Think everyone is being a bit harsh on Vimann. The guy’s been here 5 mins, in a new country, new team mates and also still very young. How about giving him a chance to bed in. 

Worth remembering that Tommy saw him playing against NI and liked what he saw, so there’s likely a player in there. 

35 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

Think everyone is being a bit harsh on Vimann. The guy’s been here 5 mins, in a new country, new team mates and also still very young. How about giving him a chance to bed in. 

Worth remembering that Tommy saw him playing against NI and liked what he saw, so there’s likely a player in there. 

Exactly. We've given Kane years of a chance. At least give Madis a few months.

1 hour ago, Pat McGroin said:

I think he played 4 games against lower league teams. If you can't show your class there then you deserve to be dropped.

On 8/20/2019 at 9:55 AM, Priorlandsaint said:

Instead of all the negative comments and constant moans, how about waiting until the transfer window closes to see who we have signed.

Everyone has to be very happy with the players that have been brought in. Look what has been brought in to other clubs with much higher budgets. Once again the chairman has come up with the money when needed.

11 minutes ago, Cagey said:

I think he played 4 games against lower league teams. If you can't show your class there then you deserve to be dropped.

Correct me if I’m wrong but I’m fairly sure he’s only played 3 games for us, he signed the day before the Forfar game played in that then Celtic away and Livingston at home. So I’m not quite sure where you’re getting the 4 games against lower league sides from? We haven’t even played 4 lower league sides in competitive games this season? 

2 hours ago, Pat McGroin said:

That is how I see it. So how do we go about bedding him in. Drop Kerr or Duncan and let him play and see what happens. Bring him on as sub. All our games are going to be tough. Would you bring him on in a close game to bed him in. If had been  a trailist he would have been sent packing. We have for a year let's see how good he performs in the development squad. He should shine in there. 

39 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Should we drop Jason Kerr as well then, as he’s been howling. Defences are partnerships. More than anywhere else on the park. It takes time to build an understanding of where your partner is, how he plays etc. 

Wouldnt have said he was worse than anyone else at Forfar. 

Edited by Pat McGroin

9 minutes ago, tucker said:

Needs time baptism of fire against Celtic never helped, hopefully perform better once he settles down

Agree with that. He has been a full international player with Estonia for a couple of years since progressing from the Under 21s. Perhaps his command of English, with a Scottish brogue, is a struggle. 19 full caps for your country is not to be sniffed at, and he is away on international duty again.

7 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

That is how I see it. So how do we go about bedding him in. Drop Kerr or Duncan and let him play and see what happens. Bring him on as sub. All our games are going to be tough. Would you bring him on in a close game to bed him in. If had been  a trailist he would have been sent packing. We have for a year let's see how good he performs in the development squad. He should shine in there. 

Who the feck is Duncan?

45 minutes ago, LennyFaeStenny said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but I’m fairly sure he’s only played 3 games for us, he signed the day before the Forfar game played in that then Celtic away and Livingston at home. So I’m not quite sure where you’re getting the 4 games against lower league sides from? We haven’t even played 4 lower league sides in competitive games this season? 

I stand corrected but that's why I said I think. Can only go on what I have seen of him though & wasn't impressed but not easy to play in a new defence in a new team.

I am sure over the course of the season he will get a chance to show his worth due to injury,suspension or poor form.

51 minutes ago, LennyFaeStenny said:

During the Betfred cup I reckon because they came up County were a lower league club.

#givethehaddockachance :D

decent window imo, a Celtic ST holding pal messaged to say he thinks Ralston better than the majority of their support consider him to be, Holt is a good addition to the midfield and if Stevie May gets going the season might not be as pish as feared.

lot of pace on the wings, Drey Wright on the way back......

feels quite strange to be bottom of the league yet feeling optimistic........

This has ended up being a decent transfer window. Imagine, however, if we’d have been able to start the season with those players. I think we’d probably have 7 points rather than 2.

Often, it’s not about the players but the atmosphere around a club. If the fans feel positive, the players feels positive, you can win games you otherwise wouldn’t. We are a club that goes on great runs when confidence is high, and awful runs when it’s low. This needs to be taken into account when it comes to transfer policy.

17 minutes ago, rinky dink said:

#givethehaddockachance :D

decent window imo, a Celtic ST holding pal messaged to say he thinks Ralston better than the majority of their support consider him to be, Holt is a good addition to the midfield and if Stevie May gets going the season might not be as pish as feared.

lot of pace on the wings, Drey Wright on the way back......

feels quite strange to be bottom of the league yet feeling optimistic........

Its how we finish not how we start