Player contracts and transfers

David123

3 hours ago, rinky dink said:

decent window imo, a Celtic ST holding pal messaged to say he thinks Ralston better than the majority of their support consider him to be, Holt is a good addition to the midfield and if Stevie May gets going the season might not be as pish as feared.

Celtic pal of mine said something similar, Ralston was a sub against Hearts and err us!  Timothy still have hopes for him hence the contract until 2022.  Maybe wee Neil is doing his big pal a favour.

Quite happy with Ralston,Holt & May. Think they should improve the team.

Not happy with other 4 that came in earlier.

Probably the best thing for McClean to try & find another team. Was a decent player but not sure he could be a regular in premiership. Showed a lot of class in the way he handled it.

Not sure what Tommy is going to do with McMillan,Ando & Callachan who seem to be out of Tommy's plans.

Ando may be into coaching & could be called on in an emergency.

Callahan isn't poor so don't know why he is frozen out. Could cover for Muzz's suspensions & injuries

McMillan puzzles me. Doesn't look like he is going to get in the team so don't know why he didn't go on loan or terminate.

McClean wouldn't be on a big wage so it will not cover Holts wage.

Will the outgoing wagrs cover the incoming wages.

31 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Free agent. 

Would you rather we signed a second choice left back than a goalscoring midfielder?

If we pick up a free agent then fine but my question was what if we don’t.

if muzz or Liam pick up an injury we have options if tanser gets injured we re screwed

Just now, 541ntees said:

If we pick up a free agent then fine but my question was what if we don’t.

if muzz or Liam pick up an injury we have options if tanser gets injured we re screwed

Fair enough, its a risk but I feel like I'd have taken the gamble on Tanser staying fit if the alternative was losing out on Holt.

4 hours ago, dublin saint said:

Did Spoony not play full back in a game at Aberdeen.

Think it was the one we had to win to qualify for Europe not sure thou.

Think spoony covers right back if needed, think Liam Craig has done left back over a dozen times and can play there if needed,so not worried if we don't bring in another left back

10 minutes ago, tucker said:

Think spoony covers right back if needed, think Liam Craig has done left back over a dozen times and can play there if needed,so not worried if we don't bring in another left back

Indeed, Liam played left back quite a lot in our barren spell of being unable to find a left back.  Would be easy to beat for pace these days.

2 hours ago, Templar Saint said:

All this panic about no left back cover.

Simple solution change tactics and go to a back 3.

you can also play a right back on the left hand side. Pretty sure Ralston played there for celtic before. Also cannot understand why folk are panicing at this when it seems pretty clear that a left back is already been identified.

Not sure if he is a left back or left midfield but I did notice Ross Wallace has been released form his contract down South

Edited by mainstand