Player contracts and transfers

David123

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

Ross Callahan 26 today.

Wish Saints would let us know the situation with him, Ando & McMillan.

Facts better than speculation.

Are you expecting TW to come out in the media, say he thinks they're shite and he wants them punted?

Cant think of a single manager that would do that.

Just now, rik2304 said:

Good. Hopefully a chance to shift him permanently.

His contract ends next Summer and the loan runs until then, his St Johnstone career is over, and hopefully Falkirk (who are apparently paying some players a fortune) are picking up the majority of his wage.

Shame how it worked out.

McMillan was never given a proper run,the only time he played was when watt arrived and played number ten role, until Kennedy took over, thought the lad was never given a ten game run like Kane,we will never know now, hope he goes to Falkirk and smashes it,if Tommy doesn't like you,no chance unfortunately

2 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Are you expecting TW to come out in the media, say he thinks they're shite and he wants them punted?

Cant think of a single manager that would do that.

I wouldn't expect any manager to say their player is shite but in his newsletter could say if they were in his plans or he was looking get them away or if he thinks they can get their way back in the team.

2 hours ago, tucker said:

McMillan to Falkirk season long loan

Good luck to the guy. Had an unlucky start getting taken out by goalie when he looked good on his first start.

Didn't really get a decent run when he returned from injury to reestablish himself.

Interview in Falkirk Herald but no mention of enjoying his time at Saints.

Guest ScottMann
On 9/5/2019 at 7:31 AM, garydavidson said:

A few names were being flung about on here when we were looking for a right back, interestingly Hutton didn't get any offers from Scotland:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49587918

They must think a headline of 'Alan Hutton Issues Come and Get Me Plea' a bit beneath such a legend of the game.

Guest ScottMann
7 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

He mentions that he was refusing offers of training with clubs, just wanted to turn up and sign so still obviously full of himself. 

It's similar to managers who say they'd be interested in a job and all the club needs to do is call him. Well if you're that interested mate, you call them! I doubt they'll knock a chunk off your salary because you got the finger out. 

5 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

I think we'll be after a left back who can play CB, so he fits the bill...

Wish Ando all the best, shame how his time here has ended but it always has to end somehow. 

It is a shame but it was all Tommy's doing. Not sure many would have given him that two year extension. He hardly played since he signed it.

On 8/20/2019 at 11:10 PM, TheYellowBox said:

He will sign next week, with McMillan's contract being ended by mutual consent.

The talk of a loan deal is a non starter, but serves a purpose that it indicates that Saints are still interested in May. Don't think for a second that Tommy doesn't use the media when he needs to. 

Would expect Anderson to go too, depending on Gordon showing he has fully recovered from injury.

Tommy will also need to do a repair job on Kane's confidence. Feel for Kane as when he came back from QOS, he looked full of confidence and hungry, but that seems to of evaporated over time. He is suffering from not having a proven goalscorer alongside him. 

As predicted, Tommy feels that Kane needs a confidence boost and he is right. May is the main man up front, but we will need Kane over the season and great man management from Tommy to highlight the work he does. However, I'd rather we had moved Kane on and brought in another experienced front man. I know we are looking for back up at left back, but it wouldn't surprise me if we brought in a more senior striker in January.

I suspect the work over the next few months will no focus on contract renewals. Who should we keep, move on and who still has the Jury out?