Player contracts and transfers

David123

Anderson played plenty in pre-season where we conceded goals for fun, then looked absolutely finished against Ross County. 

Hes doing well at Raith but hes playing central in a back three, and by all accounts his sole role is just to sweep up and tell folk where to be. That's a luxury you get at part time level, that role doesnt exist in the top flight.

4 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Bemusing that some people would turn their noses up at Efe Ambrose. He would be fantastic for us and there's consequently no chance we'd be able to get him. Hibs fans loved him.

Hibs fans also want Alan Stubbs as their manager again, and hero worship Derek Riordan.

Ambrose would be a huge earner, and has a reputation for being an absolute clownshoes defender. The fact hes still a free agent with the CV he has should be a massive red flag.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Ambrose would be a huge earner, and has a reputation for being an absolute clownshoes defender. 

That reputation emerged during his time at Celtic. I think it's widely acknowledged that he was generally excellent at Hibs. But as you say, he'd be a huge earner. We couldn't get near his wages and his expected income probably wouldn't match his ability.

Edited by The Real Saints

11 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

That reputation emerged during his time at Celtic. I think it's widely acknowledged that he was generally excellent at Hibs. But as you say, he'd be a huge earner. We couldn't get near his wages and his expected income probably wouldn't match his ability.

I think if there is an injury to Liam G then Ambrose would be a shout for a short term contract until January.  

Slightly different topic but surprised to see that saints are back using Stirling Uni for training twice a week as I though we had a quality training area in perth now. Were not there the last time I was in the gym during the morning but appeared yesterday.. 

If Liam Gordon did get injured must have been later when they were out on the training pitch as he was okay first thing. 

Interesting that folk seem to have written off the Latvian boy, have to say he looked pretty fit and raring to go. Up and about and in the gym before players had event arrived for training. 

21 minutes ago, mainstand said:

I think if there is an injury to Liam G then Ambrose would be a shout for a short term contract until January.  

Slightly different topic but surprised to see that saints are back using Stirling Uni for training twice a week as I though we had a quality training area in perth now. Were not there the last time I was in the gym during the morning but appeared yesterday.. 

If Liam Gordon did get injured must have been later when they were out on the training pitch as he was okay first thing. 

Interesting that folk seem to have written off the Latvian boy, have to say he looked pretty fit and raring to go. Up and about and in the gym before players had event arrived for training. 

Is it astro or grass they train on at Stirling? 

Edited by garydavidson

27 minutes ago, dave mc said:

Duffy was more than decent today,Jason had one brain fart moment,but was ok mostly,we need a better footballer than Muzz in midfield imo,hoping Holt is that man

Strange that there has been no mention of Holt in pre match is post match interviews. Hope it's not another Richard Foster.

17 hours ago, dave mc said:

Duffy was more than decent today,Jason had one brain fart moment,but was ok mostly,we need a better footballer than Muzz in midfield imo,hoping Holt is that man

My sentiments entirely. Wallace did very well and, for me, is more of a cb than a rb.

2 minutes ago, akuram said:

How can Livi recruit Dykes from Queen of the South who is scoring goals when we can't.

Do we not scout games?

Do they pay more?

He seems exactly what we needed.

They signed him in about November last year. We were flying high with Watt banging in goals and talking about extending, and he scored 2 goals in the Championship last season.

Figure it out.

50 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

They signed him in about November last year. We were flying high with Watt banging in goals and talking about extending, and he scored 2 goals in the Championship last season.

Figure it out.

But they were clever enough to see there was a player there and took a gamble which is paying off. Queens fans rated him.

Watt only scored a few goals himself.

38 minutes ago, akuram said:

But they were clever enough to see there was a player there and took a gamble which is paying off. Queens fans rated him.

Watt only scored a few goals himself.

They took a gamble on a young striker who scored about 15 goals in over 100 games for QOS. 

We didnt.

In retrospect it looks like a missed opportunity, but its harsh to blame the club for not paying a fee for him almost a year ago.

8 hours ago, Linky said:

Vihmann looked so badly off pace today even for the few minutes he played, I’m beginning to wonder what the manager ever saw in him. Can we cut his loan short?

18 minutes ago, andy rhodes fancy watch said:

He looked very very scared whenever the ball came near him. I've seen 13 year olds with far more composure, that's surely a confidence thing.

Did it really matter what the laddie did on Saturday many had already made their minds up before he even cam eon that he was shite. 

Think he only made one error when he came on when he headered the ball instead of taking it down but overall he managed to get up to the pace of the match pretty well. Certainly not easy comeing on in that position for the last 10 mins of a game.

48 minutes ago, mainstand said:

Did it really matter what the laddie did on Saturday many had already made their minds up before he even cam eon that he was shite. 

Think he only made one error when he came on when he headered the ball instead of taking it down but overall he managed to get up to the pace of the match pretty well. Certainly not easy comeing on in that position for the last 10 mins of a game.

Of course it mattered, we could've lost the game. He's a young new player settling in you would expect him to have his raw moments. We all want him to do well, it's up to him to actually do that though. The time you're on about you could actually see the fear in his eyes :lol: