Player contracts and transfers

David123

4 hours ago, andy rhodes fancy watch said:

Of course it mattered, we could've lost the game. He's a young new player settling in you would expect him to have his raw moments. We all want him to do well, it's up to him to actually do that though. The time you're on about you could actually see the fear in his eyes :lol:

Maybe he had just spotted your face in the visiting end. Enough to make anybody look scared:o

34 minutes ago, sasha said:

I know for a fact that Saints were made aware of Lyndon Dyke’s a couple of years ago and never followed up.

Another couple of million missed when he gets his next move?

Welcome back sasha, what you going to blame Saints for this week?

Oh I see you've already started....

Got to love bitter parents :lol:

1 hour ago, sasha said:

I know for a fact that Saints were made aware of Lyndon Dyke’s a couple of years ago and never followed up.

Another couple of million missed when he gets his next move?

When exactly?

Bearing in mind he only moved to Scotland 3 years ago and before then had never played professional football.

Just sounds like absolute shite, to be frank.

17 minutes ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

Saints have been made aware of several players throughout the years but for various reasons it wasn't followed up

It happens 

Paul Sturock(To small) 

Ray Stewart 

Lawrence Shankland to name 3 but there will be loads 

It's a mute point 

Dykes is pish as well 

Exactly. 

Pretty sure we also missed out on Andy Robertson. 

Barry Ferguson as well.

That's just how it goes.

Edited by rik2304

I vaguely remember us being close to signing Leigh Griffiths at one point a long time ago as well.

What has Dykes actually done that makes it so disastrous that he doesn't play for us? He's only played a handful of Premiership games as far as I can see.

Every club misses out on signing players. You can't sign everyone. There will be other clubs out there who could have signed Wright, Kennedy and MOH but didn't.

Interestingly Wallace Duffy has said he isn't much of a right back :laugh:

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/994661/st-johnstones-wallace-duffy-hoping-to-continue-in-preferred-position-at-heart-of-the-defence/

Duffy said: “I was a centre-half all through my youth and then I have only played a year or two at right-back.

“Being back at centre-half, it was different but I liked it and it’s what I prefer. I felt more comfortable there.

“I am not much of an attacker for a right-back these days.

“You need to be up and down, crossing and dribbling, things like that.

“I don’t think that’s particularly my game but I have tried to learn.”

Does Tommy need another right back now? 

4 hours ago, garydavidson said:

"St Johnstone hope to extend Matty Kennedy's stay at McDiarmid Park beyond the end of this season."

We will be lucky if he does sign on again.

2 hours ago, Johnny B said:

We may have to wait to the end of the season. He will not resign at the winter window if we are not clear of relegation or he gets a relegation release clause inserted. Drey Wright may be in the same situation.

It is one of these where the players agent will be telling him to hold and he can get more later. What he has to consider is that he has already travelled down south and failed come back to saints and says he is happy now near his family and getting international recognition. Hopefully a contract where the player gets a percentage of any transfer fee will work for him at Saints. 

49 minutes ago, mainstand said:

It is one of these where the players agent will be telling him to hold and he can get more later. What he has to consider is that he has already travelled down south and failed come back to saints and says he is happy now near his family and getting international recognition. Hopefully a contract where the player gets a percentage of any transfer fee will work for him at Saints. 

It's down to agents. They have a living to make & don't give a shit about their players.

I fear pre contracts in January.

• 2 weeks later...

On Wednesday we had Holt,Callahan,Booth & 3rd choice goalie sitting in the stand.

1. How can we afford that.

2. Will we have to unload some in January.

3. Do we have the strongest squad outside OF & Dundee United.

4. Can we keep them all happy,with Danny,Mikey etc not getting game time.

35 minutes ago, Cagey said:

On Wednesday we had Holt,Callahan,Booth & 3rd choice goalie sitting in the stand.

1. How can we afford that.

2. Will we have to unload some in January.

3. Do we have the strongest squad outside OF & Dundee United.

4. Can we keep them all happy,with Danny,Mikey etc not getting game time.

I highly doubt Max Johnstone is earning much at all.

Beyond that you're asking if we can afford a 21 man squad.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

I highly doubt Max Johnstone is earning much at all.

Beyond that you're asking if we can afford a 21 man squad.

I don’t think the original poster is miles off the mark saying that with the team chalking up back to back wins, it’s has to be one of the most expensive bench/stand we have ever assembled.

Regardless of what Max Johnstone’s wages are, when you add them to the wages of Jason Holt, Danny Swanson, Michael O’Halloran, Liam Craig, Ross Callaghan, Chris Kane, Elliot Parish, Callum Hendry, Callum Booth, Madis Vihmann and think that all of the aforementioned eleven players are almost all guaranteed to be out with the starting 11 against Hibs.