Player contracts and transfers

David123

23 minutes ago, Center Half said:

A little rumour from South Yorkshire last week when I was down , a Scottish Internationalist CB/LB we have inquired about? Id never heard of him to be fair,   

If its Clark Robertson, he's not an International above U21, we've been linked with the past three windows He's a regular for Rotherham so would require a fee in January.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy said:

Stephen Kingsley?

Someones winding you up if they're claiming we're signing him, I'm sure Hull paid £5m for him just a season or two ago.

Yes probably! (Winding me up), I had no idea who he was to be honest never heard of him before my mole in Barnsley :roll: told me about him, Don't think we are signing him would be a loan, not sure if he has been injured or just not getting a game, How old is he??? is he a experienced player????   

4 minutes ago, Center Half said:

Yes probably! (Winding me up), I had no idea who he was to be honest never heard of him before my mole in Barnsley :roll: told me about him, Don't think we are signing him would be a loan, not sure if he has been injured or just not getting a game, How old is he??? is he a experienced player????   

25yo LB who has sporadically played central.

Played 27 times for Hull in the Championship season, and started their first four games this season before getting injured. Looks like they loaned a left back to cover the injury and Kingsley has never got his place back.

His wage is reported at being £8k a week, and Hull paid £3m for him in 17/18.

Edited by RandomGuy

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

25yo LB who has sporadically played central.

Played 27 times for Hull in the Championship season, and started their first four games this season before getting injured. Looks like they loaned a left back to cover the injury and Kingsley has never got his place back.

His wage is reported at being £8k a week, and Hull paid £3m for him in 17/18.

Sounds about a perfect loan for us then !

15 hours ago, Linky said:

Our options are limited. Who wants to play for a club bottom of the table? We know he links up well with May. He knows the club, knows Tommy, gives everything, I doubt any new Hearts manager would be that bothered about keeping him.

He also linked well with O'Halloran, Wotherspoon and Davidson and that's a blast from the past. That may work again

May           McLean

Wotherspoon,      McCann,    Davidson          O'Halloran

But we still have the same problem defense.

Clark 

I'm on board the Bring Back Macca train. Even get him back on loan for the second half of the season. Might not play every game but I think he'd make a difference.

Another suggestion: not sure what his contract situation is but I'd like to see Saints take a look at Ricardo Santos at Barnet. 6'6 central defender - big, strong, athletic player who commands his defence and distributes the ball well. Has also played in League One for Peterborough.

https://www.barnetfc.com/teams/first-team/defender/ricardo-santos/

7 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I'm on board the Bring Back Macca train. Even get him back on loan for the second half of the season. Might not play every game but I think he'd make a difference.

Another suggestion: not sure what his contract situation is but I'd like to see Saints take a look at Ricardo Santos at Barnet. 6'6 central defender - big, strong, athletic player who commands his defence and distributes the ball well. Has also played in League One for Peterborough.

Santos' contract expires in the Summer.

Never heard of him to rate him, but I'm heavily reluctant to see us pay cash money for a CB playing the English fifth tier. His career trajectory has seen him drop from a League One regular, to a League Two regular, and now a Conference regular. Its four seasons since he played for Peterborough. 

On MacLean, no idea. Love the man, he was still bagging goals when he left us, and is still play semi-regularly for Hearts.

Cant help but feel it would be a backwards step though, signing a 37yo striker in the hope he can turn the clock back 6 years to link with another striker feels desperate.

36 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

On MacLean, no idea. Love the man, he was still bagging goals when he left us, and is still play semi-regularly for Hearts.

Cant help but feel it would be a backwards step though, signing a 37yo striker in the hope he can turn the clock back 6 years to link with another striker feels desperate.

Agree with this, think he is a couple of seasons past it, and his performance against a few weeks ago reflect that, why waste a wage when could be used more efficiently when the budget is so tight.

Just don’t understand why they even bother to bring in guys like Callum booth,  and the likes of Michael hart, Michael Doyle in the past  when clearly not any intention to play them, yeah need squad players, but these type of guys especially a guy with booths experience  should be better than Duffy at the moment, so if not used why waste a wage and use the cash to get someone that will be pushing to start..

57 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

No to Macca. Don't want another May daydream of years past. Macca did nothing at McDiarmid a few weeks ago against our weak defence apart from throw his arms about.

Someone like Santos is where we will have to look as I think there are big ball winning centre backs in lower leagues down south.

4 minutes ago, crieffsaintandy said:

Agree with this, think he is a couple of seasons past it, and his performance against a few weeks ago reflect that, why waste a wage when could be used more efficiently when the budget is so tight.

Just don’t understand why they even bother to bring in guys like Callum booth,  and the likes of Michael hart, Michael Doyle in the past  when clearly not any intention to play them, yeah need squad players, but these type of guys especially a guy with booths experience  should be better than Duffy at the moment, so if not used why waste a wage and use the cash to get someone that will be pushing to start..

Agree,we have been in top league for 10 seasons now & our youth policy should have brought through enough players to provide back up rather than bringing in guys on decent wages to sit in the stand.