Player contracts and transfers

David123

If Kennedy was wanting to stay by now he would have instructed his agent to open contract talks. But like many others, he will say one thing and wait to see what offers come in.

He may also hold off to see if we can stay up, I can't see him wanting to stay if we are in the Championship.

2 hours ago, Johnny B said:

If Kennedy was wanting to stay by now he would have instructed his agent to open contract talks. But like many others, he will say one thing and wait to see what offers come in.

He may also hold off to see if we can stay up, I can't see him wanting to stay if we are in the Championship.

He could have clause in his contact to be released if we get relegated.

A big striker is by far the crying need. Dykes and Nisbet at Dunfermline must have been in our price range. We just cannot score and to me this a more important area than the defence which seems to have settled. A big target man is what May needs to win the ball and lay it of to him to run on to similar to what Macca used to do. I'm not suggesting getting him back just someone to do the job he did

3 hours ago, Cagey said:

He could have clause in his contact to be released if we get relegated.

That’s not how it works. The club puts in a clause saying IT can rip up the contracts if relegated. That’s why you get the massive clear-outs, where only the old-timers and the young lads stay. Saints wouldn’t last a season paying top flight wages on Championship money.

56 minutes ago, Abernethy Saint said:

That’s not how it works. The club puts in a clause saying IT can rip up the contracts if relegated. That’s why you get the massive clear-outs, where only the old-timers and the young lads stay. Saints wouldn’t last a season paying top flight wages on Championship money.

I’m pretty sure it can work both ways. Saints will have a get out clause / mandatory wage cut in every contract but I’m sure players will also be able to insert clauses, such as valuation release clauses and relegation clauses. Maybe even Santa Clause’s

5 hours ago, Abernethy Saint said:

I doubt if there are any contracts that state theft the players will be free agents if they get relegated. The players are there main assets and a source of revenue from sales if required. Suspect there will be wage reduction clauses but not just release clauses. 

4 hours ago, Pat McGroin said:

I’m pretty sure it can work both ways. Saints will have a get out clause / mandatory wage cut in every contract but I’m sure players will also be able to insert clauses, such as valuation release clauses and relegation clauses. Maybe even Santa Clause’s

Think this is closer to it. 

12 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

I think Tommy is tugging at the heart strings again I suspect he is negotiating over the recruitment of a head of recruitment again. 

Unless you introduce a Director of Football then surely the other clubs with a  manager will be the same.

Thought Ewen peacock was there to provide data on opposition teams and targets.  

1 minute ago, tucker said:

Aberdeen interested in Matty Kennedy,another transfer saga begins

Yeah, Aberdeen have a couple of young guys that I would have thought they would have brought threw. Anderson & McLachlan or something like that.

Dundee & QoS apparently interested in Callahan.

Just need someone to want Danny & Vihmann who hasn't even been on bench for to games to go back to his parent club.

23 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Yeah, Aberdeen have a couple of young guys that I would have thought they would have brought threw. Anderson & McLachlan or something like that.

Dundee & QoS apparently interested in Callahan.

Just need someone to want Danny & Vihmann who hasn't even been on bench for to games to go back to his parent club.

I can’t see Danny going anywhere. I think Tommy still see’s him as an important part of the squad and I can’t see who would offer him a contract on decent wages anyway.

We must move Callaghan and Vihmann on if we want to resign Holt and Kennedy.

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

On 12/23/2019 at 6:59 AM, Johnny B said:

We had all summer to get a big striker that plays as the 1 in Tommy's formation. But by popular demand we chased Stevie May. Now we have him and Tommy has realised May is not capable of being that loan striker. Even when Tommy started 2 forwards on Saturday he is on the bench. What a waste of money. 

So much for the predictions "he will score 15-20 goals a season"

Stevie May was a nostalgia signing- harking back to 6 years ago. Hope things turn around for him very quickly....I really do.

Hendry is comfortably our best striker at present.

10 hours ago, Havana Saint said:

Stevie May was a nostalgia signing- harking back to 6 years ago. Hope things turn around for him very quickly....I really do.

Hendry is comfortably our best striker at present.

Agree  with both sentences but Hendry Nevers seems as effective when he starts. Maybe that he tries too hard & gets knackered.

Must be one of the best minutes on the pitch top scorers in the league though.

10 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

I can’t see Danny going anywhere. I think Tommy still see’s him as an important part of the squad and I can’t see who would offer him a contract on decent wages anyway.

We must move Callaghan and Vihmann on if we want to resign Holt and Kennedy.

Not sure how realistic Holt and Kennedy will be to keep.

Just guessing but youd imagine Holts current wage will be well beyond us, and he had a successful loan spell down South last season. I'd imagine an English side, or other Scottish side, will offer him more money.

Same with Kennedy, Aberdeen can blow us out the water financially, we cant compete.

You're pretty much reliant on them valuing playing for TW and Saints higher than earning more money elsewhere. 

Just how it goes at our level, you cant force players to sign.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Not sure how realistic Holt and Kennedy will be to keep.

Just guessing but youd imagine Holts current wage will be well beyond us, and he had a successful loan spell down South last season. I'd imagine an English side, or other Scottish side, will offer him more money.

Same with Kennedy, Aberdeen can blow us out the water financially, we cant compete.

You're pretty much reliant on them valuing playing for TW and Saints higher than earning more money elsewhere. 

Just how it goes at our level, you cant force players to sign.

Absolutely but I think both are young and level headed enough to realise that one more season at Saints where they are pretty much the first names on the team sheet will bring longer term benefits - especially with Kennedy now in the Northern Ireland squad which he values very highly. We can’t compete with Aberdeen or pretty much any English team above the conference but we can still make our top earners offers that aren’t to be sniffed at. If Tommy wants to finish the rebuilding job he has started then keeping guys like Holt and Kennedy is important. 

Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes has asked to be kept informed about Matty Kennedy's situation at St Johnstone, with the 25-year-old winger having not yet agreed a new contract following talks with the Perth club and free to speak to potential new employers in January. (The Courier)

We have had talks but no contract signed. Does not look good

48 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes has asked to be kept informed about Matty Kennedy's situation at St Johnstone, with the 25-year-old winger having not yet agreed a new contract following talks with the Perth club and free to speak to potential new employers in January. (The Courier)

We have had talks but no contract signed. Does not look good

Means nothing really given that Aberdeen did exactly the same to Joe at this time last year then backed out of it.