Player contracts and transfers

David123

Aberdeen have a tight squad. The only players I’d see them offering in any deal would be Ash Taylor (centre-back), Stephen Gleeson (centre-mid) & Bruce Anderson (striker). 

Scott Wright is injured and Curtis Main is only 6 months into a new contract.

Hearts offering Berra makes no sense. They’ve already told him that he can find a new club for free.

9 hours ago, tucker said:

Daily record reports Kennedy has agreed pre contact with the dons , getting finalised when they return.mcinnes wants him now going to offer cash and players 

Not keen on this "cash and players". Which players? To lose Kennedey would be a serious blow to us and despite some saying we have cover,  his style isn't going to be replaced easily. I doubt Aberdeen are willing to part with serious cash and I don't like the idea of us taking on another couple of fringe dumplings who can't make at Aberdeen.

11 hours ago, MySpazz said:

Cannae Wright trying to get a fee for him now, rather than nothing in a few months. We'd take the money..... always another player to be got along the line. The mistake we made was to to sign Watt, MOH and May. Three players I could tell were gash, and I know nothing about coaching or scouting football  .....Watt / May same thing: busted flush. Strikers who can't score, but can "hold the ball up"....which means they are shite and can't score!!!

It doesn't look like we can really afford to lose the goals and assists Matty provides: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/st-johnstone/top-scorers

11 hours ago, MySpazz said:

Cannae Wright trying to get a fee for him now, rather than nothing in a few months. We'd take the money..... always another player to be got along the line. The mistake we made was to to sign Watt, MOH and May. Three players I could tell were gash, and I know nothing about coaching or scouting football  .....Watt / May same thing: busted flush. Strikers who can't score, but can "hold the ball up"....which means they are shite and can't score!!!

I think that's incredibly harsh on those three players. Watt looked like a good player to me but faded, unfortunately. I'd have been happy to see him stay as I think he may well have come good for us again. May and MOH have both shown in the past that they're good players. I don't remember seeing many complaints on here when we brought MOH back, and I really don't see who else we would have got instead of May that would have been any better. For me the issue isn't signing those players - it's finding a system that gets the best out of them.

10 hours ago, tucker said:

Daily record reports Kennedy has agreed pre contact with the dons , getting finalised when they return.mcinnes wants him now going to offer cash and players 

A link to the article - https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/matty-kennedy-agrees-aberdeen-pre-21274428

25 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I think that's incredibly harsh on those three players. Watt looked like a good player to me but faded, unfortunately. I'd have been happy to see him stay as I think he may well have come good for us again. May and MOH have both shown in the past that they're good players. I don't remember seeing many complaints on here when we brought MOH back, and I really don't see who else we would have got instead of May that would have been any better. For me the issue isn't signing those players - it's finding a system that gets the best out of them.

I absolutely agree 

17 minutes ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

After Rooney and McArt from ICT 

Does that mean the manager doesn’t rate Ralston and doesn’t want him to sign for next season, or Celtic won’t let him go? Or, just more competition at right-back?

Also, does this mean we won’t be signing a centre-back in this window?

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

Yes. Players are only as good as the system they are played in. A huge amount is down to confidence too.

16 hours ago, tucker said:

Be interesting to see of Kennedy is played in cup match against Morton.

That could give an indication if he is going this window or summer.

Personally not fused either way as we have an over abundance of midfielders.

37 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

Be interesting to see of Kennedy is played in cup match against Morton.

That could give an indication if he is going this window or summer.

Personally not fused either way as we have an over abundance of midfielders.

I've got to assume you don't watch Saints every week. There is one player who stands out from the rest of the team week in week out. Matt Kennedy.

It's a real shame that we couldn't get him signed for Saints for the longer term.

1 minute ago, SaintJet said:

I've got to assume you don't watch Saints every week. There is one player who stands out from the rest of the team week in week out. Matt Kennedy.

It's a real shame that we couldn't get him signed for Saints for the longer term.

Wrong .....I do watch Saints every week.

The point I was making like all other players they are passing through, however long they stay for.  If he is not signing for Saints then if the deal is correct he can go now, if it is not then summer.

Hopefully Kennedy if he stays will perform like Liam Craig did before his move to Hibs.

Dont have much of a problem with Kennedy going to Aberdeen and getting more dosh etc. Can't see us letting him go at this time of the season as I very much doubt Aberdeen would offer us much cash/players to get the deal done.

As for Hearts, we would be mad to let him go there before the end of the season, regardless of what they may offer. Why would we strengthen a relegation rival by allowing them to take our most in-form player and potentially giving us one their worst performing players.

Hearts will probably get themselves out of the hole they are in, but we don't need to be helping them.

Not against us going for Berra. Not as a first team player, but perhaps someone who can fill a spot for injury/suspension and potentially some sort of coaching role so that the likes of Duffy and Tanser learn to defend properly. Ralston comes into that bracket as well, but I don't see him being here long-term.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

well this is shit news.... sad to see we will lose matty, he had my poty vote last year... enjoyable to watch and on the ball you always felt he would make things happen.

I know i shouldnt be surprised in the order of things and knowing our place on the spfl pecking order .... and broons the great caretaker of mediocrity..... 2 million in the bank and 1 fan in each stand, go figure where this story ends.

.... and for any dons scanning our forum for intel, go fuk yourselves

6 hours ago, Cleveland-Saint said:

well this is shit news.... sad to see we will lose matty, he had my poty vote last year... enjoyable to watch and on the ball you always felt he would make things happen.

I know i shouldnt be surprised in the order of things and knowing our place on the spfl pecking order .... and broons the great caretaker of mediocrity..... 2 million in the bank and 1 fan in each stand, go figure where this story ends.

.... and for any dons scanning our forum for intel, go fuk yourselves

Its not a case of caretaker of mediocrity it is quite simply a case of not having the size of support and finances that can match Aberdeen, a club that has just spent millions on their new training ground and plan on spending millions on a  new stadium. and have people on board that have many millions more than the browns in the bank.

We have to accept that we are going to be a club that will unearth some gems who will move on to biggest clubs and whilst it is annoying it will open the door for some other players who are maybe in the same position as matty was when he came to the club and will see us as a way forward.

Sad to see him go but players move on that is the world we love in.