Player contracts and transfers

David123

35 minutes ago, Rob said:

I wouldnt be surprised if Saints didnt bring anyone in at all. Tommy hinted at that being the case, softing the blow that no one is really fitting the bill of what we need, what we can afford and who is available.

We might get Berra at the last minute if no one else wants him.

We are taking a chance going into last half of the season with the defence we have as there has to be injuries and/or suspension

1 hour ago, Rob said:

I wouldnt be surprised if Saints didnt bring anyone in at all. Tommy hinted at that being the case, softing the blow that no one is really fitting the bill of what we need, what we can afford and who is available.

I’m really surprised that we haven’t heard anything on Madis Vihmann yet.

Surely if we pack off Callaghan and Vihmann, coupled with the knowledge that Kennedy’s wage will be available in six months, we can bring someone in.

10 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

I’m really surprised that we haven’t heard anything on Madis Vihmann yet.

Surely if we pack off Callaghan and Vihmann, coupled with the knowledge that Kennedy’s wage will be available in six months, we can bring someone in.

Are we able to terminate his loan at any time? If so, it would probably make sense to wait until there's definitely someone else lined up to come in, before getting rid of Vihmann. Otherwise we could lose him and end up not replacing him.

I still reckon Berra on loan seems the most likely move for us.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

Are we able to terminate his loan at any time? If so, it would probably make sense to wait until there's definitely someone else lined up to come in, before getting rid of Vihmann. Otherwise we could lose him and end up not replacing him.

I still reckon Berra on loan seems the most likely move for us.

I would have thought ,if Vihmann was unwilling or unable to return to his parent club then it might be in the interests of both for his contract to be bought out.

Let's face it even if we had an injury or ban problem Duffy would be first choice & Booth moved central second option.

Surely the guy would want to go home rather than spend another 3to 4 months alone in a strange country.

1 hour ago, Pat McGroin said:

I think we got Vihmann on loan from another loan club (obviously dealing with his parent club) 

Pretty sure that would mean he can’t play for another club this year, so going home would guarantee no game time

Its dependent on what league he joins. He played for Staebek before us, who play a Summer season, so the season he played for them is now over.

So technically, I believe he could play for another club, if that club is just starting their season.

27 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Its dependent on what league he joins. He played for Staebek before us, who play a Summer season, so the season he played for them is now over.

So technically, I believe he could play for another club, if that club is just starting their season.

That's what I was wondering. How does this rule apply with countries who run a summer season, and so are just starting a new season. The deal might be for a whole year, without an option to send him back anyway. If so, a short-sighted decision by the club.

Callachan leaving will hopefully free up some funds. I don't think we're likely to get anyone in unless Swanson can move on too though. At the moment, the most likely signing is Berra on loan, but it might be that another club beats us to it.

3 minutes ago, Tranmere Saintee said:

It’s called madmen splashing the cash and living out with the clubs income (Rangers, Gretna etc, etc).

The guy who owns them is a multi millionare  businessman made his fortune in Oil & Gas and could buy & sell the Broons 20 times over, pay off the **** ridiculous debts and still comfortably do what he is doing at Cove. Your opinion to call it what you like I call it having a plan and clear strategy and the courage to implement it

10 minutes ago, SconeSaintees said:

The guy who owns them is a multi millionare  businessman made his fortune in Oil & Gas and could buy & sell the Broons 20 times over, pay off the **** ridiculous debts and still comfortably do what he is doing at Cove. Your opinion to call it what you like I call it having a plan and clear strategy and the courage to implement it

Could also be called a hobby!!!!

10 minutes ago, SconeSaintees said:

This is another veiled dig at Steve Brown from you at it's becoming tiresome. Let's see where Cove are in twenty years.

I'm interested to see if Matt Kennedy gets a start tomorrow; I think as much as TW would like to see him stay and keep in good form he knows he still has some manouverability if we keep him available for Aberdeen for the cup; we could still end up getting something out of this deal.

3 hours ago, Linky said:

That's what I was wondering. How does this rule apply with countries who run a summer season, and so are just starting a new season. The deal might be for a whole year, without an option to send him back anyway. If so, a short-sighted decision by the club.

Callachan leaving will hopefully free up some funds. I don't think we're likely to get anyone in unless Swanson can move on too though. At the moment, the most likely signing is Berra on loan, but it might be that another club beats us to it.

Found this when this was talked about before...

Screenshot_20200102-141048_Drive.jpg.0431008e9b2da204545a1d5816a27a81.jpg

2 hours ago, SconeSaintees said:

It's called ambition!!!!

It's a completely different level though.

Our wage bill will be around £3m a year, Dundee last reported one was £3.5m for reference. Aberdeens is above £11m.

To put us towards the top of the division regularly you're needing someone yo invest around £10m every single year.

At League Two level you can likely outspend everyone in the decision by chucking £2m at it.

Steve Brown could invest more than Coves owner, yet you wouldnt see any benefit.

58 minutes ago, SconeSaintees said:

Like Brookes Mileston?

Happens all the time,your Livingston's Dundee's, Gretna's spend far to much go into adminstration while saints remain a well run team with a chairman who knows that, thankful I for one are very grateful, when I started watching saints we were in the bottom division almost bottom most of the time,now we are established premier League side,top six most seasons,I bet a few of the bigger clubs like caley,  and United will go into administration in the near future.once investors leave or promotion is not won

Celtic fans saying they should have signed Kennedy. Wish they had said that a couple of weeks ago.

Have felt since we heard Kennedy had signed a pre contract that he would not be playing tomorrow.

Even if Saints & Dons agree terms for early release I think Saints wouldn't want him cup tied so that they have time to thrash out fee.