Player contracts and transfers

David123

3 hours ago, Johnny B said:

What has Wright done this season?

Wright has not done enough since coming back from injury to deserve a new contract. He could easily become more driftwood in the squad if he does not regain his form.

Yes, a winger who's been put injured for 12 months, let's release him because hes not instantly come back flying.

Just now, Cagey said:

I am sure Mcinnes will come in with an improved offer for Kennedy after his team struggled to beat Dumbarton with a late late soft penalty.

Saints look like they want a deal.

Do they? What utter shite. 

Saints have actively turned down two offers already and have stated they expect him to remain. 

4 hours ago, Johnny B said:

What has Wright done this season?

Wright has not done enough since coming back from injury to deserve a new contract. He could easily become more driftwood in the squad if he does not regain his form.

Even on his present form he is worth a new contract. I think there is still more to come from him.

Do Aberdeen have anything half decent in defensive players? Possibly not that we could afford. I think Saints would budge for £50k, a la Rowen Vine. Wright obviously doesn't want him to go,  is Kennedy forcing the move? Looks likely. I always get suspicious when a player is suddenly "injured" at an important time. Regarding Wright, I'd give him a 1 year contract,  with an agreed option for a further 2 should he impress. That way we're covered if he can't regain form. Don't think there would be too much interest in him yet.

1 hour ago, Melbourne Saint said:

Do Aberdeen have anything half decent in defensive players? Possibly not that we could afford. I think Saints would budge for £50k, a la Rowen Vine. Wright obviously doesn't want him to go,  is Kennedy forcing the move? Looks likely. I always get suspicious when a player is suddenly "injured" at an important time. Regarding Wright, I'd give him a 1 year contract,  with an agreed option for a further 2 should he impress. That way we're covered if he can't regain form. Don't think there would be too much interest in him yet.

Wakey wakey! He was “injured” In all likelihood because Aberdeen are coming back with a 3rd offer on the basis that he isn’t cup tied 

24 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

Wakey wakey! He was “injured” In all likelihood because Aberdeen are coming back with a 3rd offer on the basis that he isn’t cup tied 

That's exactly what I'm thinking. I'm quite sure he'll go this month, we'll get some decent cash out of it for the inconvenience and Aberdeen can still play him in the cup.

Mcinness will be desperate to get a hold of Kennedy now.  Aberdeen as an attacking force are pretty bang average this season.   Aberdeen will be able to utilise Kennedy much better than we can with Sam Cosgrove being able to get on the end of his crosses.  I’ve been pretty frustrated at times this season that we have no one that seems capable of doing this.  Agree with posters saying take cash to sort out longer contracts