Player contracts and transfers

David123

41 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Hearts signing today means we're now the only top flight side who havent made a signing.

Window shuts at midnight on the 31st, 11 days left...

It makes it more exciting watching Sky at 11 pm on 31st to see who we have signed that no one else has picked up.

2 hours ago, Rob said:

While Matty is a good player we dont have a shortage in his area. Our survival wont rely on a single good player but with players playing their heart out for the club. 

Is Matty not leading both goals and assists?! I’d suggest we very much need his input unless we’re getting £200k and a player out of the deal 

3 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Would a striking combination of Stevie May and Curtis Main score more goals between now and the end of the season than if we kept Matty Kennedy?

Was Main not just signed in the Summer. He is an animal with his elbows & would spend most of the time suspended.

Devlin also spoken about . I remember him at Hamilton & was not impressed & if they dropped Gordon to play I would have to consider if I could go back.

Del boy trying to do a Del boy & offload the big wage flops he signed.

Money or nothing.

Main would be a good addition I think, he is the sort of striker that would suit the way that we currently play. However, I can't see that they'd let him go so soon after signing him. He'd want more of a chance to prove himself too.

I would've thought they'd want to keep Devlin. Ash Taylor would be more likely if it's a centre-back.

I expect they are trying to offload Gleeson and Anderson though. Neither of whom we need.

37 minutes ago, Linky said:

Main would be a good addition I think, he is the sort of striker that would suit the way that we currently play. However, I can't see that they'd let him go so soon after signing him. He'd want more of a chance to prove himself too.

According to this unsubstantiated article they have offered Main and we have rejected that: https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/aberdeen-offer-curtis-main-st-21327006

38 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

According to this unsubstantiated article they have offered Main and we have rejected that: https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/aberdeen-offer-curtis-main-st-21327006

I'm convinced that Kennedy will be away by next week if not before. There is too much attention on this subject to simply just quiet down. Not convinced of either Main or Devlin being part of this deal though.

45 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

Ooops, might've been wrong on that one then. Although my unsubstantiated belief that Del wouldn't offer him has probably just as much evidence to it as the Daily Record hack's (i.e. none)

20 hours ago, Pat McGroin said:

Is Matty not leading both goals and assists?! I’d suggest we very much need his input unless we’re getting £200k and a player out of the deal 

You're correct we do need him and the stats are there but my point is, will he be out there giving 100% and fighting to keep us up. Very rarely will a player do this in these situations so that is something for the club and Tommy to weigh up. 

4 hours ago, Cagey said:

Was Main not just signed in the Summer. He is an animal with his elbows & would spend most of the time suspended.

Devlin also spoken about . I remember him at Hamilton & was not impressed & if they dropped Gordon to play I would have to consider if I could go back.

Del boy trying to do a Del boy & offload the big wage flops he signed.

Money or nothing.

You would stop going to watch saints if we started playing a capped international defender over another who’s played less than 50 top fight games?

Not that I’m saying Devlin is better than Gordon, but that’s a ridiculous outlook to have. 

1 hour ago, Rob said:

You're correct we do need him and the stats are there but my point is, will he be out there giving 100% and fighting to keep us up. Very rarely will a player do this in these situations so that is something for the club and Tommy to weigh up. 

I don’t think there’s a chance of him downing tools. Not one.