Player contracts and transfers

David123

To be fair, I can see why they would be ignoring TW on signing targets. He's has a honking record with his signings and has been lucky that our current best players have come through the ranks. (In saying that, I think Tommy has been and is a fantastic manager for us. Perhaps having someone else in charge of signings would be good)

Edited by skivealive

1 hour ago, skivealive said:

To be fair, I can see why they would be ignoring TW on signing targets. He's has a honking record with his signings and has been lucky that our current best players have come through the ranks. (In saying that, I think Tommy has been and is a fantastic manager for us. Perhaps having someone else in charge of signings would be good)

Tommy needn't worry. There will be loads of agents on the phone this week offering players. It's worked before with Wright & Matty. Surely over the last 10 windows we got lucky with others. Didn't we ?.

A worrying aspect to this is the number of folk who believe what they read in the Sun. As for signing record, is it really honking? Cagey has already mentioned Drey and Matty. Getting players in is always a risk and every club signs players that just do not ‘fit’, for various reasons.

as for Swanson, remember he had mental health issues not so long ago and this could be ongoing. I realise this does not fit with the fallout with boss narrative of some you....

Perhaps honking is a bit harsh, but he has certainly has more misses than hits. Someone did have a list of all his signings and it made for pretty grim reading on the whole.  From players we got in the last 10 windows, Matty is probably one of the few we have been disappointed to lose. Again, I'm pro TW...just not his signing record. Although I admit it is hard to know if he is wholly to blame, or if all of his signings have been a last ditch scramble due to our apparent lack of negotiating skills when it comes to fees/contracts  

12 hours ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

Peanuts? Really? Sorry to disagree with you but if we got 70k for a player that would have went for nothing in the summer, that's a good bit of business in my opinion 

I'll miss Matty like a lot of us but who's to say he would have been as productive in last 6 months and could even have got injured 

I think, whist disappointed that he came out with all the "I love it here" Crap

Any hoo good luck with the sheep botherers Matt. 

Get real! It’s f***** peanuts!!!

6 months of Matty Kennedy is worth more than £70k.

A goal in a cup match to go on a cup run. A last minute winner in the league to move us up a place.

If we got to a cup semi, the one player I would be confident that could produce a moment of magic is Matty Kennedy... not now! What use is £70k when Tommy is told he has to put 3 players out to bring one in.

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

19 minutes ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

I maybe misheard but I'm sure Tommy said on the radio he hopes to get the ICT guy in this week?

His Saints TV interview has him "hoping hes signed in the next 24-48 hours".

He's their first choice centre back, but sat on their bench today...

Edited by RandomGuy

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

His Saints TV interview has him "hoping hes signed in the next 24-48 hours".

He's their first choice centre back, but sat on their bench today...

They have a big debt but they are sitting in the play off slot so will they risk letting another centre half go for 20\30 grand.

I take it Ralston can't play against Celtic,if drey injured big worry for me, hope they sign the other lad from Inverness as well,I'd be happy with the squad,

Get the Estonian out loan Duffy,get Hendry,drey,muzz signed up then let Swanson etc wait till the season finishes see if things change.id also sign Kane up,link up play decent battles hard 

Not sure £70k for Kennedy was enough to be honest. Club not Tommy seem to decide that was enough. Could have got more I think. Still half a season and a lot more than 70k at stake if Saints go down. But as I said in the other discussion they would have had to consider if he was going to give everything in the 2nd half of the season knowing he was going.

Edited by Rob

59 minutes ago, south inch said:

I thought people just bought the Sun to look at the pictures.

Judging by the recent elections I think folk also believe the political propaganda from the Sun too. Just compare results in Liverpool, where the Sun is still banned, and elsewhere. 
back on topic, any news on new players coming in?